Thread: MOTUC Scale

MOTUC Scale

Has anyone ever determined what scale the MOTUC figures are about? I'm not sure right off hand, but I'm assuming 1/16 to 1/9.

http://theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html

On a side note, is there anyone producing MOTU miniatures proper for gaming? I know Ral Partha did some a very long time ago, but wasn't sure if anyone is doing them now or if there are good proxies out there.

Well, ToyGuru used to insist that these figures were 1/12th scale - meaning 1 inch = 1 foot. That of course means that basically all of the characters on Eternia are approaching 7 feet tall, which seems a little like overkill. This line was used to convey that the DCUC/MOTUC 2-packs were actually properly scaled to each other and that both were essentially a 1/12th scale, but that Eternia/Etheria/etc magical properties made their citizens larger and stronger than people from earth. It never made a ton of sense since Marlena was supposedly was from earth and wasn't smaller than other Eternian's.

Assuming that a more reasonable height for He-Man is maybe 6 foot 6 inches tall then our MOTUC figures are closer to a 1/11th scale than 1/12th.

Quote Originally Posted by chonz View Post
    On a side note, is there anyone producing MOTU miniatures proper for gaming? I know Ral Partha did some a very long time ago, but wasn't sure if anyone is doing them now or if there are good proxies out there.
    You could try the Super7 M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E.s - they're bigger than your average GW-miniatures, but still small enough for TT-gaming and nicely sculpted. I'm planning to pick up an additional full set if I can get them cheap to paint them up properly.
    Every thread about every MotUC-reveal, ever...

The Sword of Spector - forged in the scorching flames of nerdrage and tempered by the woeful tears of the butthurt

Thanks both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Well, ToyGuru used to insist that these figures were 1/12th scale - meaning 1 inch = 1 foot. That of course means that basically all of the characters on Eternia are approaching 7 feet tall, which seems a little like overkill. This line was used to convey that the DCUC/MOTUC 2-packs were actually properly scaled to each other and that both were essentially a 1/12th scale, but that Eternia/Etheria/etc magical properties made their citizens larger and stronger than people from earth. It never made a ton of sense since Marlena was supposedly was from earth and wasn't smaller than other Eternian's.

Assuming that a more reasonable height for He-Man is maybe 6 foot 6 inches tall then our MOTUC figures are closer to a 1/11th scale than 1/12th.
    I always loved that idea, that the Eternians, while very humanoid, are actually pretty big muscular race. Of course that is not born out by Queen Marlena's scale, but I still always loved that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post

Ever since this line came out I have liked the fact that the Motuc figures were bigger than 6 in figures in general making it seem like Eternians are a super race that is larger than everyone else (kinda like Thor and some of the asgardians are portrayed in the comics). Yeah, Marlene is human, but maybe she grew larger due to Eternian vapors?