Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's on the Fence about Club Etheria? What would convince you to sub up?

Heroic Warrior

Who's on the Fence about Club Etheria? What would convince you to sub up?

I know that TG has said somewhere that they are confident that the POP sub will hit the minimum but if it doesn't, the figures will be reshuffled into monthly slots for next year. If that were to happen, then we'd lose a number of potential characters.

So for those on the fence about the POP sub, what would convince you to sub in. A Mermista teaser? Angella? Anything?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Guaranteed sales/trades of my unwanted figures and not at a loss as they outweigh my wants. (I only want 2 of the 5 thus far. - Razz and Light Hope)

Heroic Podcaster
    I'm on the fence, only because if I subbed I would have to go back and rebuy all the PoP stuff I've sold off. I'd need all of them or none of them. Decisions!

That Light Hope is really impressive. You would not think clear pink and metallic gold would work but it really does! I like Entrapta as well. Hmm...
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man - GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MERMISTA! - MultiBot - NINJOR! - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST! - Rotar
    Saurod - SPINNERELLA! - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - TUNG LASHOR! - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Guaranteed sales/trades of my unwanted figures and not at a loss as they outweigh my wants. (I only want 2 of the 5 thus far.)
    this is pretty much exactly where I am with it. Plus with the announcement of the Super Powers mini-line, I am going to be tapped out . . . those are must have's for me. MOTUC is my second favorite line behind SPs and I have a HUGE SP collection . . . at $30 each/$180 for the line, and I may want some doubles, I am already in for a rough Fall.

I was never a PoP fan, but I have to say I was REALLY impressed with Entrapa and Light Hope

to be honest, Light Hope is the only figure i truly want. the actual POP gals look fantastic but, after how shoddily Octavia and Frosta turned out, i'm wary of more MOTUC females. the lack of quality in their builds is a huge turn off.

that said, Light Hope is beautiful and everything i've hoped for from this line. the level of detail and thought matches the early Man-at-arms sculpt. the clear plastic terrifies me; the staff is even broken in the promo picture!

more than likely, i will subscribe and cherish every figure. even if they all turn out with manly faces and granny panties ...

I just really want to know who the other characters are. I'm a blind MOTU fan zombie, but not for POP.

Maybe this is the place to find a sub buddy. It's worked for me for years now. tmc1984 and I work well together - he keeps the vintage MOTU, I get all the POP and Filmation.

I guess the only challenge will be that most people seem to want Light Hope...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Widget
    If I knew the $30 figure was definitely Mermista, I'd sub....the other figures aren't desperate needs for me, but I'd definitely want Mermista without having to try dos....

Well fence sitters can always look at it this way - ToyGuru said in his walkthrough with Pixel Dan that if for some reason the PoP sub didn't go through, these figures would likely be the first ones in 2015. So either we get them now and get more lines finished up in 2015, or we get a lot of PoP in 2015 and potentially miss out on some other characters.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

If someone bought me my Masterpiece Transformers, then I would buy the POP sub right now. The part that sucks is, I really want Entrapa, DT, an Light Hope....Razz, is fodder to me. I don't know with the main sub and MP Transformers if I can sub for POP.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I really want to sub but I have a couple issues that I'm going to be dealing with. First of all, I have 10 Club Eternia subs. And while I unload a lot of those to people who didn't want to sub or to the local hobby shop here, its still a monthly effort (Job) to get the extras where they need to be. Second, I have a major life change coming in July and I don't know what to expect so if I sub I will have to do it in a way that will let me cancel which I really don't want to do. Third, I'm not all that enthralled with Entrapta or Double Trouble. They're great figures and they're wonderfully done, I just don't have the nostalgia for them. I really do want Razz & Broom, Lookie and Kowl and definitely Light Hope, but I would be more enticed if I knew we were getting Angella in that sub. I definitely want the sub. I just don't know what my life will be like in July. That's my major issue.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Not gonna sub, but DANG I want Light Hope!

Court Magician
    Zero interest in this sub. Very glad these figures aren't being included in the 2014 Eternia sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Well fence sitters can always look at it this way - ToyGuru said in his walkthrough with Pixel Dan that if for some reason the PoP sub didn't go through, these figures would likely be the first ones in 2015. So either we get them now and get more lines finished up in 2015, or we get a lot of PoP in 2015 and potentially miss out on some other characters.
    I honewstly feel if the PoP sub doesn't go through putting these figures into 2015 will be the final nail in the sub model coffin for 2015 (I believe at this point where we are now we are not going to get 100% for 2015, or if we do it will be by a hair.)

That negativity out of the way, I am going to get the PoP sub, just before the deadline though, money is tight right now and I can't put the charge needed on my card until a bit later.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Honestly at this point Id rather them in next years sub than having the overload of the add on sub again. I did the Filmation sub last year and the extra money was a killer...especially last October 3 sub figures and troopers and then the weapons pack....my wife threatened divorce!) A nd if it doesn't go through...which I know it will without me......Light Hope would sell 2015 subs just fine lol.

I just want Raz and Entraptra

I had 2 subs last year and It was just too much! (Filmation and Club Eternia)

You can always get the figures in EA or on Ebay

I'm not going to get your money back for the other figures I don't want in this sub and its a hassle to list them and sell them

So I'm thinking of just cherry picking Raz and Entraptra
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

You've said several times yer not getting it.
    so how is not getting something to much of a burden??

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Honestly at this point Id rather them in next years sub than having the overload of the add on sub again. I did the Filmation sub last year and the extra money was a killer...especially last October 3 sub figures and troopers and then the weapons pack....my wife threatened divorce!) A nd if it doesn't go through...which I know it will without me......Light Hope would sell 2015 subs just fine lol.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    You've said several times yer not getting it.
    so how is not getting something to much of a burden??
    It would be to get it just to get it as Seril was suggesting. That was why I replied to his post. Thanks for inquiring though!

At first after seeing Light Hope I thought to myself that I was definitely subbing. But after I took the goggles off, I'm not so sure now.
    I really don't like the Double Trouble figure (ugly colors and the head looks bad) and Madame Razz does nothing for me at all. She doesn't fit in with the other figures at all Imo. I like her in the cartoon, but maybe this was one time a character should have stayed there Out of the 4 reveals I only want Entrapta and Light Hope so far (I will preorder Light Hope on BBTS). Never thought I may not sub for a Masters line (have subbed for everything else so far), but this may be the one time I don't...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    At first after seeing Light Hope I thought to myself that I was definitely subbing. But after I took the goggles off, I'm not so sure now.
    I really don't like the Double Trouble figure (ugly colors and the head looks bad) and Madame Razz does nothing for me at all. She doesn't fit in with the other figures at all Imo. I like her in the cartoon, but maybe this was one time a character should have stayed there Out of the 4 reveals I only want Entrapta and Light Hope so far (I will preorder Light Hope on BBTS). Never thought I may not sub for a Masters line (have subbed for everything else so far), but this may be the one time I don't...
    I do want Double Trouble, I really want Entrapa and Light Hope, and I too also do not want Razz, I would sell her off if I bought the sub. I 've never seen much of Sweet Bee (not watching the cartoon hardly)....but it looks like she is coming. But there are 2 more figures after her to reveal....hopefully Angella and Peekablue or Perfuma will be those, and they would make the sub worth it for me.

For 1 of 7 to be unwanted or lesser wanted, I suppose is alright.

And I look for Light Hope to be $100 or so on BBTS, since he is an official "sub exclusive", and UNO is $110 at the moment, and I believe Light Hope will be more wanted.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Widget
    Perhaps giving a few of the figures No Day of Sale status would help. I assume that 1 or 2 figures will get this, since the Filmation sub got, what--2? Is this right? I know that I couldn't snag Sea Hawk day of sale, though I don't recall if he was Filmation...

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    Perhaps giving a few of the figures No Day of Sale status would help. I assume that 1 or 2 figures will get this, since the Filmation sub got, what--2? Is this right? I know that I couldn't snag Sea Hawk day of sale, though I don't recall if he was Filmation...
    Please don`t give Matty any more stupid idea`s and winning a lottery would convince me to sub up
    Last edited by adam03; February 18, 2014 at 11:57pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    Sea Hawk was the only Filmation sub figure to not get DOS. Fang Man was in the main sub and didn't get DOS, but neither did Clamp Champ. This year so far Two Bad fell victim to it. The no DOS stuff is ********, plain and simple.

A scare tactic....that predominately hasn't worked for many. I subbed the main sub because the figures were my ceiling at $25, and the sub was the only way to ensure that price....next year all that changes and the figures go up, even if it's $2 per figure (will likely be more), I'm out of the sub, because this years $10.29 shipping is also ********, and it will only be higher as well next year too, since it went up last year, and this year already.

But anyway, no to the no DOS stuff, the ones they've shafted non subbers out of so far was a ****** move. I mean, there's only two Vintage years left, they need to quit ******* with people already. MOTUC may or may not be around in 2016....let people buy these last two damn years as they choose.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I do want Double Trouble, I really want Entrapa and Light Hope, and I too also do not want Razz, I would sell her off if I bought the sub. I 've never seen much of Sweet Bee (not watching the cartoon hardly)....but it looks like she is coming. But there are 2 more figures after her to reveal....hopefully Angella and Peekablue or Perfuma will be those, and they would make the sub worth it for me.

For 1 of 7 to be unwanted or lesser wanted, I suppose is alright.

And I look for Light Hope to be $100 or so on BBTS, since he is an official "sub exclusive", and UNO is $110 at the moment, and I believe Light Hope will be more wanted.
    Wow, I didn't realize Uno was so high on BBTS. Ok, well that decides it for me--I'm getting the sub I'd be stupid not to since Lighthope through BBTS couldpay for like 3/4 of the sub anyways.... Maybe Double Trouble looks ok afterall

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize Uno was so high on BBTS. Ok, well that decides it for me--I'm getting the sub I'd be stupid not to since Lighthope through BBTS couldpay for like 3/4 of the sub anyways.... Maybe Double Trouble looks ok afterall
    Yeah, it's making me consider hard to buy the sub....oh man, why couldn't this have been an NA sub....then I could have not worried about it.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor