Thread: WTFWTK 2.119 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.119 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
    • Please do not attach photos. Any linked/attached photos will be removed.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Bear-at-arms.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Bear-at-arms: With Classics "wrapping up" by the end of 2015 (if we get a 2015) do you have a humdinger of a figure set aside as the Dec 2015 release?

2. Ridureyu: In the MOTUC universe, does Skeletor die, go to jail, or turn good because he learns about the Christmas Spirit?

3. mjw41: Since we only have swiftwind & Granamyr, what are the odds of Mattel making use of the Filmation rights and getting out more Filmation beasts before the end of 2015? We need Molkrum, Colosor, Damar The Demon, Sand Demon and Shokoti's The Sleeping Beast just to name a few.

4. Scorpia: If and when you get to Hunga the Harpy, can you include an extra head of a generic harpy warrior so we can army-build a bastion of her screeching cronies?

5. King Tamusk: Sometimes companies will make special figures for the staff/team that work on a toy line, which is never produced for sale to the public; like the Hal Jordan Green Lantern figure produced for JLU. Has there been a figure produced solely for the MOTUC team yet? If not, have you considered doing it and what character would you choose?

--------------

So ask those questions!

When looking ahead to the character Rotar (or Twistoid) do you foresee this being a figure that, if released as an individual figure, would fit into a standard ($25) figure slot like Two-Bad and Extendar or do you foresee that due to the unique attributes of this figure it would probably need an oversize figure slot like Ram Man and Modulok? Of course this is a hypothetical question since currently there is nothing to officially announce about this figure
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Heroic Warrior
    With design out of the way and the molds available, is a Castle Grayskull variant in King Grayskull colors from the MYP cartoon a possibility as either an online or convention limited edition?

I do not try to speak for all the POP fans but here is a question/suggestion if/when you get to do the Crystal POP horses: The Crystal horses seem to fit very well to be displayed with the Star Sisters. Not only because of their celestial names but also becasue of the color combination. Sundancer for Starla, Moonbeam for Tallstar and Crystal Swiftwind for Jewelstar. Is there any chance to somehow bring the match of these figures and beasts design-wise one step further in MOTUC? I think mainly Sundancer could be made more orange than pink-ish to match Starla's colors even better. And maybe something can be done with Moonbeam and Crystal Swiftwind too.

For the SDCC exclusive, can you make it a true exclusive again? Last year the release of the rock warriors was identical to the one later offered online. I'm glad that all fans will have the opportunity to get ahold of the characters, but can you maintain the exclusive aspect of this release? Can you add something to this year's exclusive to make it actually exclusive again? An accessory, mini character, different packaging, or something along those lines?
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    With Kowl and Lookee as the hideaway figure this year can Matty program the figure for a 24 hr period or just inside of business hours, only because im a sub holder of 2 subs, i buy everything i can but i missed out on Spirit Of Hordak throughout the year and when he was early access/day of i was away with work with no internet so he was very hard for me to obtain as i live in Australia and time zones dont work well together. Keep up the good work.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Will there be a SDCC Exclusive item to celebrate POP's 30th anniversary?

It seems there is a HUGE interest in the "12 inch style revealed at NYCC... until the price comes up of course. If the "12 inch line takes off what would be an idea release for figures like this...1 to 2 a year or more (question for my wallet) and If it doesn’t take off what are the chances of revisiting the vintage style in a smaller size? Thank you.
    Last edited by PIMPS ADAM; February 21, 2014 at 10:08am.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Since Modulok can't pop off at the Torso in classics, then a proper Megabeast can't be formed. Can Mattel add some extra piece(s) to Multibot so we can form a proper Megabeast*?

*=By Proper Megabeast I mean a Creature with Modulok and Multibot pieces that must have ALL 3 Torsos.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    How useful would be Granamyr buck "if/when" you decide to set the Tyrantisaurus Rex into production?

Heroic Warrior
    Since prices are increasing and we want to make every opportunity count in terms of getting as many figures/characters released, has there been any consideration regarding more than one SDCC exclusive in 2014 for MOTUC?
    Last edited by King Tamusk; February 23, 2014 at 02:32am.

It had previously been mentioned by Scott that one character in the 2014 line-up would possibly be a questionable choice or at least controversial given the declared intent to finish the vintage lines. Has this figure been revealed as of yet? If so which one was it?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Will Entrapta come with a Horde symbol or a POP symbol on her packaging?
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    Many fans have expressed a desire for 2.0 versions of core characters such as He-Man, in 2016 and beyond. If 2.0 figures are released, can we get bios that differ from the 1.0 versions and tell even more of the mythos?
    Last edited by Zodak's new shoes; February 23, 2014 at 09:38pm.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Q: Why do many of the non-human characters have 'Earth' names? Is it just coincidence that the nomenclature on other planets resembles that of Earth, or has humanity's fetid stench infested the entire universe?

Will the "mysterious" death of Miros wife ever fully be explained? How did Keldor accidently kill her? The origin comic left more questions then answers.

We probably won't see Nocturna in MOTUC form but in his bio does he have the psychic powers established in the old UK comics?