Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation He-man SOLD OUT from Matty Collector

Filmation He-man SOLD OUT from Matty Collector

He's "No Longer Available" already. That was quick!

He-Man 2.0 Sold Out?

I was trying to order an extra one on Matty and he already shows No Longer Available....did he really sell out already?
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Lol, I was stuffing around deciding on whether to get 2 or 3 for the kids. Kept changing shipping options. Damn these are pricey with the current exchange rate. Not getting away with anything under AU$50. Looking at AU$60+ if I actually want to track them. Then they sold out. Eh, probably for the best. Saves me money, I can always let the boys play with the plethora of He-Man variants I already have.

Court Magician
    Boy that was quick, but I managed to snatch one. While I understand why some figures are for chase, and some are made in less quatities and not as easy acceeeable to the public, but now we are talking about HE-MAN, the whole reason for this line....What the heck... if this does not detract loyal customers, nothing will...

Odd…I kinda thought he'd hang around for a while as an "evergreen" figure since he's essential.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

this seems pretty ridiculous to sell out so quickly. First figure on a new line. main character....sigh.

Yeah and some of the d-bags on evil bay have already raised his price accordingly. Kinda sad that some of these guys make their living doing that.

I was all set to go and knew what I wanted when the sale went live, and I had no problems. I ordered one to open and one to display in the cool new window box packaging.

Yeah thanks Matty!!! Couldn't get through and lost out on buying one.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    He'll be back soon, I'm pretty sure, maybe he'll become essential later or next year.

Aw man, I forgot today was the sale! I missed him! I am very disappointed, mostly because I thought that we'd finally have another He-Man evergreen figure for MattyCollector. Now there's a Skeletor, a She-Ra, even bloody King Hisss, but there is no He-Man evergreen on Mattycollector.

The only good thing is that hopefully the figure will sell well enough to keep the Filmation series going.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEEKERS View Post
    Yeah and some of the d-bags on evil bay have already raised his price accordingly. Kinda sad that some of these guys make their living doing that.
    Well, I'm one of those "d-bags" who buys extra subscriptions to help support the lines. I already sold my extra He-Mans weeks ago at 39.99 but I wouldn't feel bad if I had some extras now to sell at a higher price considering all the losses I take on many other figures. No one is yelling at me to raise prices to help make a profit when my prices are more reasonable.
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

I missed out on getting another to keep MIB. Heavy sigh.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I hope to see you at Power-Con 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Aw man, I forgot today was the sale! I missed him! I am very disappointed, mostly because I thought that we'd finally have another He-Man evergreen figure for MattyCollector. Now there's a Skeletor, a She-Ra, even bloody King Hisss, but there is no He-Man evergreen on Mattycollector.

The only good thing is that hopefully the figure will sell well enough to keep the Filmation series going.
    It's possible they have more coming to make it an evergreen stock item?

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Well, I'm one of those "d-bags" who buys extra subscriptions to help support the lines. I already sold my extra He-Mans weeks ago at 39.99 but I wouldn't feel bad if I had some extras now to sell at a higher price considering all the losses I take on many other figures. No one is yelling at me to raise prices to help make a profit when my prices are more reasonable.
    Well losses and gains are part of the business. And while Im sure that they're a few fans such as yourself who buy to support the line, a lot of others on evil bay purchase only to be the scalping d-bags that they are.

THIS- on eBay and more than ten available. that's like 80 dollars each guys.. image.png

I seriously can't believe this. I had him in my cart and tried to check out 5 different times and it kept saying that my payment was not processed. I reput him in the cart, tried again and the same thing. Like seriously. WTF. Also, the shipping options were odd. The one that took longer was almost double the cost of the one that was quicker?
    For the Best in Toy Reviews!!
    http://www.askkevanything.com

Missed out. While I am not that upset, I am actually quite surprised!!! I will get one eventually, but in the meantime Matty- I had money to throw at you and you made it impossible for me to purchase the main character in your "new" action figure line. Great job! Glad we're 8 years in and still having these sorts of things happen.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja man View Post
    this seems pretty ridiculous to sell out so quickly. First figure on a new line. main character....sigh.
    yes, this should not happen, not with he-man. how could they have not made enough??
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Widget
    I'm pretty disappointed. Yes I screwed up and missed the Sub window, but today I had a meeting and couldn't get back in time and when I did, he was gone completely from the site. Why is it always so difficult to give Matty money?

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Limited DOS has been a reality if this line for 8 years. Quick sellout time was the reason the subs started in the first place. I am no apologist, but everyone acts as though there was NO WAY to get this figure---there was---it was the sub. I certainly understand that not everyone can afford a sub---and I am not shaming anyone who cannot----I am just saying it's hard to be outraged when the rules of the game have been the same for so long.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    People are just upset. Every single person on this forum had the opportunity to buy a subscription, same as you. They have also been around long enough that an instant sell-through shouldn't have been all that surprising.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    People are just upset. Every single person on this forum had the opportunity to buy a subscription, same as you. They have also been around long enough that an instant sell-through shouldn't have been all that surprising.
    I understand the frustration, and experienced it myself. I ended up over-selling my He-Man figures and wanted an extra for myself, so it was very disappointing he sold out so quick. I also had to resort to the secondary market to get an extra Veena, which I also over-sold, and paid for it as a result. I guess I can just sympathize a bit with these sellers. $80 is crazy, but some of the listings that I saw raise the prices only went up by about $10.

Hey, Spector. C'mere... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Wow. That was really fast. Glad today ended up being a snow day.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

The support for us evil non subbers who missed out really warms my bones.