Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    Just because you "FELT" they were connected, doesn't mean they ARE.

I just don't see any reason to have stuff that's not even TANGENTIALLY related being integrated into the line, just because it all appeared on television at relatively the same time, and explored similar themes.

as I said, it makes about as much sense as a Geordi LaForge action figure in a Doctor Who line.

Were they both done by Filmation?, YES. Were they both about Barbarians with magic Swords?, YES. but the similarities end there.

a statue does not a connection make, it was used as a nod to the other show, but does not establish any kind of tangible connection

if you want a Blackstar Toy, ask the people who own/hold the rights for one.

This is MOTU, it has it's own characters, we don't need to be adding stuff from outside the property to make it great or interesting, it's great and interesting all by itself.

All I'm saying they incorporated Matt Trakker in G.I. Joe . And it would be cool. If they did the same with Blackstar and MOTU.

Thats all.
    Last edited by Brian Ozone; September 1, 2008 at 07:09pm.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    All I'm saying they incorporated Matt Trakker in G.I. Joe . And it would be cool. If they did the same with Blackstar and MOTU.

Thats all.
    The funny thing is that the likelihood of the Blackstar project is very slim.

What surprises me is that I thought that people here were also 4horsemen fans... I have faith in a 4horseman sculpted product. I think they could make an awesome Blackstar or anything for that matter. If the Horsemen sculpt it I am pretty sure ts gonna be awesome enough for most people to buy.

But then again the line did die at some point....oh well I like to think that I did my part to keep the line alive by buying the things that most fans here didn't like.
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; September 1, 2008 at 10:47pm.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    Just because you "FELT" they were connected, doesn't mean they ARE.

I just don't see any reason to have stuff that's not even TANGENTIALLY related being integrated into the line, just because it all appeared on television at relatively the same time, and explored similar themes.

as I said, it makes about as much sense as a Geordi LaForge action figure in a Doctor Who line.

Were they both done by Filmation?, YES. Were they both about Barbarians with magic Swords?, YES. but the similarities end there.

a statue does not a connection make, it was used as a nod to the other show, but does not establish any kind of tangible connection.

if you want a Blackstar Toy, ask the people who own/hold the rights for one.

This is MOTU, it has it's own characters, we don't need to be adding stuff from outside the property to make it great or interesting, it's great and interesting all by itself.
    Well, since Blackstar did appear as a statue in MOTU cartoon, it can be said the character had a "cameo" in MOTU. No need to argue about that, as its fact. Of course, it doesn't mean that the statue had to be him, but they did use his image for the statue.

Blackstar

Blackstar in He-Man cartoon...

As for how I "felt" as a kid about it.. well, kids are allowed to have imaginations And when "exact" images from one cartoon pop up in another, its hard not to connect those properties when you have seen them as a 10 year old child with your own eyes.

I love MOTU, and I too don't really see a need to introduce characters from outside of the property to it. But it has been done before. Just look at the first mainstream He-Man comic... it had him fighting SUPERMAN!

Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 1, 2008 at 10:51pm.

This is a great idea, extremely unlikely but I would love a MOTUC Blackstar figure!

Heroic Warrior
    a statue is not a person, or a character.

As far as we know, Blackstar has never been, and is not a part of the MOTU mythos.

as such, I feel a figure, should it even be possible, is not warranted.

that's my opinion.

They were cartoons made by the same company, of course little 'inside jokes' are gonna get slipped in.

that doesn't mean we need to shoehorn every Filmation character into the line. Because then where does it end?

as I said before, Saint Elsewhere, and the Wold Newton Family, lie that way. I'd really rather not.

let's put it a different way.

He-Man met Superman, does that mean we should get Warlord figures in MOTUC?, Since the universes crossed over once, there's a connection.

and if Warlord is possible, why not Kamandi, or OMAC?

I'm sure you could say "Well, couldn't DCUC do those?", the answer, of course is YES, but I want them in MOTUC.

why?, because there's a connection!

see? It doesn't hold up.
    Last edited by capitalzero; September 3, 2008 at 09:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Maybe in MOTUC, Marlena is really from Krypton... so there's a deeper connection than we all think!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Blackstar was an in-joke in the cartoon.
    That's all it was.
    There won't be any Blackstar MOTUC figures.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Well since it`s Masters of the UNIVERSE we could also get a BA. Baraca figure, Michael Knight and Mork from Ork figures in MOTUC since they are all in the same universe. but seriously NO
    I'd actually buy the Michael Knight....

But no, let's keep it MOTU!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

There's actually two good toylines that I want to see in MOTUC as well as MOTU

Princess of Power
    He-Man

That is all
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

No thank you.

I'd want Fearless Photog before I'd want Blackstar. Heck, I'd want Strobo before Blackstar.

But if they did make him many many many years into this line then I think they should at least make him black like was originally intended.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'd want Fearless Photog before I'd want Blackstar. Heck, I'd want Strobo before Blackstar.

But if they did make him many many many years into this line then I think they should at least make him black like was originally intended.
    I had no idea that was the original plan!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    I had no idea that was the original plan!
    Yep, but they didn't think that a black lead character could carry a show...or that there wasn't enough of an audience for it...or something like that.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

If only blackstar could have been concieved a few years later when the Cosby/Michael Jackson rage was in full swing. The execs might have taken a chance on a "Black" Blackstar.

We probably won't get this figure and he would be way back on most of our want lists even if he were a real possiblity. I'd rather see another tpy company pick up the line and serve up a reboot - Thundercats is also over due for some new figures.

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy him, and probably his "mega-Evil" guy I remeber liking them. I also enjoyed their swords. That is about as far into that series I would care about. AND the flying dragon. Naturally

Personally I would rather see them incorporate Thundercats into the line. Ever since I saw the Lion guy in the MYP cartoon I thought the connection could be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'd prefer Songster before Blackstar.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Quote Originally Posted by gnewton34 View Post
    I'd prefer Songster before Blackstar.
    Really?
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I would think Blackstar would be an incredibly easy custom out of a standard He-Man. Boots and "furries" are good to go. sand down the studs on his right bracelet and belt. Left arm and belt would need a touch of work. Neck piece and sword would have to be made from scratch. Paint hair black, eyes brown.

Done.

Id like one even though it has almost no chance of happening. Id love to have a Blackstar , the villian & that girl. I think trying to find who holds the rights would be a nightmare in its self. I think BCI Guy is right.
    "I SMELL CUSTOM!"
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

I am all for incorporating Blackstar into MotUC!

I wouldn't mind seeing a few make it into the line. I had a few as a kid and have bought a couple MOC.

Yeah, it's a year later and I still think it would be cool.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Blackstar is really cool. I'd love to see him in MOTUC. Though, I don't really expect to. There are a lot of other characters for Mattel to worry about.

Elder Councilman
    Blackstar was not only before my time, in terms of toys, but so short-lived, I barely know anything about him.

So I'd have to pass on that one.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Blackstar was not only before my time, in terms of toys, but so short-lived, I barely know anything about him.

So I'd have to pass on that one.
    Check out the cartoon and toys. I can't tell you how many times my MOTU figures got in a fight at the Ice Castle.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I'd want a figure for Blackstar's buddy, Klone! Thats something I don't recall seeing in MOTU mythos - a shapeshifter.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe