Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

Yup A year later and I still want one too....Even more than a Green Goddess.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

For a MOTU CROSS OVER, I think the best is the universe from Conan !

Especially the Remco Line.

Here is an extract of the fight between MATTEL and REMCO about the rights and the Motu Line :

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/...-7813.518.html

Read it !

Conan New Line

Or Thundercats !!

what's your advice ??

That would be awesome for Blackstar to be included. I would love to own a 4H Mara figure. Wow without having to pay $250 or more for a MOC original.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Blackstar, He-man, She-ra AND Bravestarr should all go together!

Mix-in Thundarr in there too, but that would be asking too much!

But definitely the first four should be a shoe-in. Hey Vipra could join King Hiss' army. Let's see how Tex Hex handles that!
    I WOULD LOVE A VIPRA FIGURE FROM BRAVESTARR Always wanted one
    Last edited by CicconeSC; August 21, 2009 at 03:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Since they have MOTUC and DCUC why not have something like "Cartoon Hero Classics" and have Blackstar, Thundercats, Bravestar, Silver Hawks and others in one big line of all classic cartoon shows?

It would take a lot of $$ for Mattel to secure all the rights but I think that would be the best way to go for Blackstar. I just don't think he would work in MOTUC.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    NO Blackstar, Conan or other characters for me in this line, just concentrate on bringing us perfect MOTUC figures. They're having a hard time with that as it is so please DON'T bring/mix new and different toylines into MOTUC! If they do the line will surely die very soon like 200x and the stactions did.

Heroic Warrior
    I have no connection at all to Bravestar, Blackstar, or any other 'star', and personally wouldn't want them as part of the MOTU line. There are way too many great MOTU characters still yet to be made to start bringing in characters from outside properties in some lame crossover attempt, and force feed them into MOTU, at least in my opinion.

Now if Matty wants to make another line and release such characters, using similar scale and sculpting as MOTU, for fans of those characters, and thus allowing those who want said characters to buy them and incorporate them into their own personal collections and mythos, then that I have absolutely no problem with, just leave the MOTU line strictly for MOTU characters, that's all I ask, at least until we have gotten to a point where all of the name MOTU characters have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
    Now if Matty wants to make another line and release such characters, using similar scale and sculpting as MOTU, for fans of those characters, and thus allowing those who want said characters to buy them and incorporate them into their own personal collections and mythos, then that I have absolutely no problem with, just leave the MOTU line strictly for MOTU characters, that's all I ask, at least until we have gotten to a point where all of the name MOTU characters have been made.
    I agree ... I do like Blackstar and several others but I agree that creating a separate line(s) in the same scale/style would be the way to go. I wouldn't want anything to jeopardize the MOTUC line.

Blackstar was and never will be popular enough to have his own figure again.
    I'll be very surprised if Mattel will want to make it's cheap rival.

Just so folks know, I have nearly complete collection of MIB Blackstar toys so I like it. But it was a totally crap property lets face it!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Just so folks know, I have nearly complete collection of MIB Blackstar toys so I like it.
    Now you are just showing off....
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    This would be awesome. He did make a small cameo, albeit as a statue, in the filmation toons. They should do this, with a bronze statue variant!

They could have a seperate classics line for all the minor series and NOT combine it with MOTU universe. Tying everything Filmation made together as one universe is a bad idea. Can't remember any crossover that has actually been good, usually just messes up the fiction if considered "canon".

I am sure its good profit to see Superman fight against/with Transformers or something, as for some reason people are still dying to see their favourite character fight against/with another favourite character. The story ends in some sort of stand-off because fans of neither character cannot be disappointed.

I am sure there are a lot who disagree since these crossovers sell, but to me they are just easy cash-ins from the companies and do not really respect the original fiction/vision of the story.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    They could have a seperate classics line for all the minor series and NOT combine it with MOTU universe. Tying everything Filmation made together as one universe is a bad idea. Can't remember any crossover that has actually been good, usually just messes up the fiction if considered "canon".

I am sure its good profit to see Superman fight against/with Transformers or something, as for some reason people are still dying to see their favourite character fight against/with another favourite character. The story ends in some sort of stand-off because fans of neither character cannot be disappointed.

I am sure there are a lot who disagree since these crossovers sell, but to me they are just easy cash-ins from the companies and do not really respect the original fiction/vision of the story.
    Given Mattel doesn't even have the rights to Filmation-created MOTU characters (without legal debate for each), I doubt they'd be willing to go after non-MOTU characters they don't have invested interest in.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Given Mattel doesn't even have the rights to Filmation-created MOTU characters (without legal debate for each), I doubt they'd be willing to go after non-MOTU characters they don't have invested interest in.
    Probably true, however my dislike of crossovers stays

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Probably true, however my dislike of crossovers stays
    I agree with this point as well.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Blackstar was and never will be popular enough to have his own figure again.
    Sad but so very true! As much as I like the property it isn't that strong and it will never be.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I wouldn't want Blackstar in the MOTUC line. There are too many cool MOTU characters still to do to start diluting the line with crossovers. Perhaps in 5 years we can look at fringe characters that might fit in this line but for right now, concentrate on the MOTU figures and their continuing improvement. Besides, Blackstar wasn't that great of a property. Maybe the idea was good but the execution was not. Have you watched a Blackstar cartoon recently? I bought the series DVD set for nostalgia sakes because I remember watching the show and fell asleep about halfway through episode 3. Not very entertaining. I had more fun watching the Groovie Ghoulies.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 21, 2009 at 11:56am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Oh yay, let's trash Blackstar instead of saying simple no.

Personaly I wouldnt mind inclusion of Blackstar.

Generaly folks give reasons why they say yes or no to an idea.
    I gave mine which is not the same as trashing!
    www.eamonart.com

Generaly folks give reasons why they say yes or no to an idea.
    I gave mine which is not the same as trashing!
    Saying it was total crap, yeah not trashing... whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Saying it was total crap, yeah not trashing... whatever...

Fair point!
    www.eamonart.com

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    I'd want a figure for Blackstar's buddy, Klone! Thats something I don't recall seeing in MOTU mythos - a shapeshifter.
    Evil-Lyn and S. Weaver are kind off shapeshifter. Well, they use those disguise spells anyway!

But as shapeshifters goes, Hordak and Imp comes to mind!

Modulok and Muli-Bot too!

Double Trouble was supposed to be a shapeshifter as well. It was implied in those old POP Coloring Books!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I can only imagine Blackstar as a member of Council of Elders. Maybe an old Blackstar sitting on the chair of the council as a cameo in the new movie.
    Like Thundarr, Blackstar, Overlord, Klone and Mara deserve their own action figures re-sculpid...

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I do not remember this blackstar character at all. I just had to look him up, I thought for sure Blackstar might have something to do with Bravestarr. Now, I'm all for some mix ups down the line.. you know.. but we've barely have gotten our feet wet with just the original MOTU line. We still have so many characters left in that aspect of the franchise. Then there's POP, NA, and 200X.. even the Dolph Lungren movie.. I think the difference between Gi Joe and MOTU is that GI Joe has basically never stopped producing action figures since the Real American Heroes line.. There's wave after wave.. assortment after assortment. Adding a recognizable non-joe like M.A.S.K. characters is a fun and great idea. But we just got our 12th MOTUC action figure. Not our 12th wave of 12 characters.! MOTUC is too young of a line to branch out to non-MOTU franchises for now and the foreseeable future.

Say, I have myself a line of 130 MOTUC action figures and Mattel are deciding if they should make their fourth Trollan or borrowing a character from a different series.. then i'd be okay with a Blackstar.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    I say keep it MOTU.

there's plenty of characters and eras to explore, that we don't need to start adding outside properties that have NOTHING TO DO with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Blackstar was an in-joke in the cartoon.
    That's all it was.
    There won't be any Blackstar MOTUC figures.
    Agreed. I also had this thought on the Bravestarr in MotUC thread. Even though Blackstar is more similar in concept to He-Man than Bravestarr, it's still a diferent universe/ concept/ canon/ whatever and I don't see why it should be blended in.
    If Mattel wanted to buy the rights and produce a Blackstar Classics line and have the 4HM redesidgn the characters in the scale and articulation of MotUC (but hopefully slimmer) I'd be fine with it and probably would even collect the figures. But I seriously doubt Mattel (or even other company for that matter) will do this (just not famous/ successful enough) and I don't believe it would ever be included in the MotUC line.

Heroic Warrior
    YES. ABSOLUTELY YES TO BLACKSTAR

Id buy it instantly. He'd be an excellent addition to the MOTUC line up.
    Good Transactions W/: Creasy Bear, Deltadod, Wickethecanuck x2, Chemical Chemical, Jasonwulf, Mike Bock, Windblock2002, CGImmortal x2, Audman , Hairybeastman x2, Man-E-Toys & 2 pppl ive forgotten. More to come :-)