Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

I keep seeing so many great characters have yet to be made....

Blackstar = Wun-Dar...It wouldn't cost too much to make him since all they would have to do is give He-man a different Head and sword and a neckless..
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I love Blackstar - the characters are really cool.

Mattel SHOULD do a Blackstar line - but do it later, when they can just use all existing parts from different lines (DCUC, MOTUC, etc.). That way it would cost them virtually nothing, they could put it on mattycollector.com, and those who want them can buy them (I would buy ALL of them).

The problem is more Filmation. Doesn't Filmation own Blackstar characters??

It was a Filmation toon. See Mattel should just spring for a cheaper ALL-Encompassing license to do all Filmation characters. The adult collector world knows what Filmation is - they could do all sorts of characters...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    I would love to see either a Bravestarr or Blackstar but I think Bravestarr has a better chance seeing as Mattel has already made a figure of him before.

However his original toy line was a failure but it would be cool to see a figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Instead of having Blackstar in MOTUC, wouldn't it be more logical that Mattel would start a Blackstar line ?

Let's be a little bit realistic, here : there are still so many MOTU/POP/NA characters to be made that if Mattel makes them all as figures, we'll be very lucky.

We don't need other figure in MOTUC : the MOTU universe is rich enough

So why trying to add more figures that are not part of MOTU (agreed, Blackstar is another line with MOTU-like inspiration and with cool characters, but a different brand and a different collection) ?

This might actually cause the fall of MOTUC. And we don't want that, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mattel SHOULD do a Blackstar line - but do it later, when they can just use all existing parts from different lines (DCUC, MOTUC, etc.). That way it would cost them virtually nothing, they could put it on mattycollector.com, and those who want them can buy them (I would buy ALL of them).
    I mentioned that above.. but then I wondered about the legal issues
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    In the 80's Blackstar was made by Galoob, not by Mattel. I don't know if it would be so easy for Mattel to buy the rights...

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    In the 80's Blackstar was made by Galoob, not by Mattel. I don't know if it would be so easy for Mattel to buy the rights...
    Even if they could buy the rights ,they wouldn't be able to do much with them.Blackstar is not an 80's icon and therefore not a big seller. It would be more profitable for Mattel to pick up the Thundercats' rights.

I like Blackstar a lot but he is not that popular, lets face it.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Instead of having Blackstar in MOTUC, wouldn't it be more logical that Mattel would start a Blackstar line ?
    No, because it would fail miserably. There just isn't enough of a market for Blackstar. If Mattel had the rights, they could probably "sneak" a few characters into MOTUC and connect their story, but that would be the only way they'd sell.

If they go after another line, it's not going to be a penny making line like blackstar, it's going to be a real money maker like Thundercats. Sorry but blackstar was crap in terms of sales, success, etc.... compared to Thundercats.
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I'm sorry to say guys, but unless Mattel makes some blanket deal to acquire rights to Filmation characters then I don't think we will see any Blackstar figures. Mattel would have no desire to license these character rights on their own or if they had to pay individually for them.

Although I would be all for mixing Blackstar with MOTU. And for those of you that are nay-sayers please read the names that have been given to the figures and you should already be upset at the line any way. He-Ro named Ro????

Now that you are already angry at the line please just support them making Blackstar for my sake. Two wrongs do make a right. Remember that...
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

*What do the names of MOTUC have to do with Mattel going for the rights of Blackstar?
    My for sale items:200X moc figures Roboto,Kobra Khan,Syklone,PrinceAdam,Whiplash,Beastman,Rattlor, Man at Arms,Orko,Trapjaw,Two Bad, Buzz Off,etc.Gi Joe 25th anniv moc figures for sale, vehicles, multi-packs, Neca staction figures series 1-6 moc. Castlevania 20th anniversarty Artbook pack $35, Living Dead Dolls, 3' Frankenstein.[/COLOR

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    No, because it would fail miserably. There just isn't enough of a market for Blackstar. If Mattel had the rights, they could probably "sneak" a few characters into MOTUC and connect their story, but that would be the only way they'd sell.
    Correct. A blackstar line would NOT sell. However... I would LOVE to have Blackstar, Whoever his Mega-Evil was and The rideable dragon. Throw in the combinable swords... I would buy all three in a heartbeat!

However of that "line" THose are ALL I would buy. Nothing else is interesting. Thundercats however... they have LOTS of fun charcters I'd love.

Personally I like the idea of putting ALL these 80's products into a blanket MOTUC line. Make them all the same size, Say they all come from different planets... All the toys on the same self

C'mon... That's how I played when I was a kid. He-man, Voltron, Superpowers.... All Trying to get into Grayskull!

IF Mattel ever reclaimed the Filmation rights, there is a loophole that would probably allow them to make a Blackstar figure (although he may need a new name):

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    (although he may need a new name):
    Redstar?

He was supposed to be black but they wussed out and so made him slightly non descript ethnic!

So years later Filmation then decided to give us a red indian hero in Bravestarr to only then have Mattel make him caucasian in the toyline!
    Racism is such a fickle thing
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I'd Buy one in a sec! And i'm not sure what one but there was a Warlock type dragon in a MOTU episode. I like the ideal danielsan52 made saying that the idea the Jon Blackstar and Marlena were astronauts from Planet Earth who got lost in space, ending up on different planets. But first and far most i would rather have him as a bonus fig down the line when some more of the Main MOTU ppl where made.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't realise until a this subject came up, the Blackstar was an action figure. I was looking at a gallery of the toys and found laser Blackstar and remembered a friend had him. We used to play with him and he was a ally of He-Man.

Some of the characters look quite good.

I don't think there's Blackstar would have enough fandom to survive on its own as a toyline - so I'd be up for incorporating some of those figures into the MOTU line and mythololgy. After all, Queen Marlena was also from Earth.

I'd be happy for Blackstar to be incorported.

Blackstar was always a cool character. I wouldn't mind him being incorporated into MOTUC. Plus who wouldn't want the Star Sword added to your Weapons collections?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

RE a new name, how about Darkstar?

Warlock, the Overlord, Mara, and Klone are all must haves. I can live without those silly Trobbits through. Oh, and they must make Lavalocks! I want those along with Helios and the fire people using Emiliano's idea to use Skeletor's 200X Fire armor. Sure, it'd all have to be translated into MOTUC like Zodak was, but that'd be so great. Maybe the Overlord's design can be Horde Supreme! I often used the Galoob toy that way, so it'd be awesome.

Heroic Warrior
    blackstar would not even be hard to make... I could probably do it and I am not even a customizer...

Smooth out the Boots with sculpy leave the fur same for the belt and bracelets paint the boots brown and bands "gold" construct a necklacke....

Master English could do this with Ease and Make it look awesome...

U should do it

I bet you it goes for over 100$ (just wait till he-man reissues) so you don't ruin one of the he-man u have right now LoL

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    RE a new name, how about Darkstar?

Warlock, the Overlord, Mara, and Klone are all must haves. I can live without those silly Trobbits through. Oh, and they must make Lavalocks! ....
    Lavarocks! The dinosaur kind of rock monsters were probably best looking villain characters of the series, at least only ones I really liked. Other designs were mostly very average...

I actual had lavarock as a toy, although for some odd reason they had chosen that its head was made of transparent plastic for the "flash" effect.

Blackstar would be cool in the MOTUC and I would love his flying Dragon steed along with the flying Triton Bull.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ..."Blackstarr" was a cool show, cooler even than Filmation's He-Man! But it was way too short-lasted, and the Galoob toys although cool were never popular. And there's no sane rationale to include him or tie him into MOTUC, even if it were possible...

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    so wheres that new MOTUC Custom ?

The cross-over concept is nothing new. There are 2 Alien Vs. Predator movies with moderate succes. Two iconic alien creatures from the same movie company. With comics, computer games and now the two movies which both had action figure-lines. It works cause they kind of explore similar concepts: 2 different alien species.

So with Blackstar Vs. He-man I don't see any difference just as a concept. But to actually do this would take too much time and money. So basically no profit.

But in my fantasyworld I'd love to see this happen. Merge Blackstar into the MOTUC-brand with a sticker to show it's faction or subgroup like: The Evil Horde, Princess Of Power, The Snakemen or New Adventures.

Give Thundercats its own brand. Thundercats Universe Classics. The same-shaped packaging with its own logo and art-work featuring. The figures would be basic MOTUC parts with newly designed heads, weapons and armor.

Bravestarr would fit more into NA, IMO.

honestly, blackstar would sell out just like all of the other figures. as for the other characters, i dont know. but if MOTUC had Blackstar as a figure next year im absolutly certain collectors and resellers would still flock to get it.