Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

I think Blackstar characters from the toyline would fit quite well into the MOTUC line as a monthly bonus figure on occassion. It would probably be the only toyline I'd be okay with merging into MOTUC. Blackstar wouldn't be popular enough for its own toyline. Thundercats is popular enough for its own line.

They reused Blackstar's dragon Warlock in the He-Man cartoon show as a generic dragon, so maybe if they got the Filmation rights to He-Man, they could make the dragon.

Don't forget about Blackstar's statue cameo in "The Temple of the Sun"

I'd totally be down with the Blackstar line...it would be the first decent toys that show gets
    All caught up on figures...now what

I love this thread, its such an amazing idea. Blackstar was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid. You know Marlena's body could be repainted to be blackstar's lady friend (i forget her name) from one of the episodes. The clone character would double from a lizard man sculpt possibly. This could be very cool if they started making these characters.

I think John Blackstar should have been one of the astronauts named in the Photog placard. C'mon Mattel, make Blackstar one of the 30th Anniversary figures next year! The people that don't want him, can skip him easily.

Heroic Warrior
    I can see Blackstar and The Overlord being incorporated. I'd love to see Bravestarr's Vipra finally appear as part of the Snake Men.

Yes please make a MOTUC version of Blackstar!!
    He was always used in my playtime with my figures so this would be awesome!!
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Well with the filmation rights perhaps we might be able to see a cross over of blackstar. I loved these figures when I was a kid (perhaps more than MOTU).

I would love to see Mara in the MOTUC line. She was an amazing figure.

Dude if we get him I'd be so stoked.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Blackstar is a no-brainer. He can so easily be tied to the Masters line. I also think some of the Bravestarr characters should be pulled as well especially Vipra (still say she was originally slated to be a snakeman). Maybe Mattel can offer a Filmation Classics line and incorporate different characters from various Filmation series.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    I think John Blackstar should have been one of the astronauts named in the Photog placard. C'mon Mattel, make Blackstar one of the 30th Anniversary figures next year! The people that don't want him, can skip him easily.
    I totally agree. If Mason got on it so should Johnny.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I always liked the idea the Jon Blackstar and Marlena were astronauts from Planet Earth who got lost in space, ending up on different planets. Since it is Masters of the UNIVERSE (not Masters of Eternia), I think Blackstar would make a GREAT addition to MOTUC!
    Yeah, me too. And with the statue easter egg in Filmation He-Man of John, I always decided that Blackstar ended up on eternia way before recorded history, and that maybe planet Sagar was eternia.

But even if not, yeah, I always saw them as the same universe I guess.

I would be desperate to own John Blackstar, Klone, Mara, and Overlord.

If this could in any way be done, I would be behind it in any way possible.

I dont expect it, but boy is it a GREAT idea.

Like is said, what with Matt Trakker, well....

Plus in the MOTUC bios, they could fit all kinds of ways, not the least of which is the Marlena/Blackstarr connection.

But hey, what about a blackstar standalone 4 pack? What kind of numbers could that be? Doesnt even have to be an official part of MOTUC. Just use the buck system and do a one shot spin off. That'd be fine as well. Better in some ways, because they could get their own unique packaging ect.

But either way, whatever made it more feasible, I want this. More than any other property, Blackstarr is He-Man's "Grandfather". Everything about it is proto-Masters. It's a match made in heaven.

Of course the Filmation access deal they made probably only extends to He-Man. I doubt that Mattel went after anything else.

But if it was a large package deal, like most of these deals are, well...we can dream.

Someone ask in the questions how extensive these rights are they have now. I'm certain Blackstarr isnt in their, but we dont know until we ask right?

---

Wanted to add that with the Photog/Mason/Marlena thing, that whatever they do, in my personal cannon, John Blackstarr was a part of that group. Either he went to find Marlena Glenn and got lost, or she went to find him, ect. One of them got lost looking for Project Photog first. This just is now. It's too good to let go of.

Frankly I kinda want a Major Mason now. And if they do that, they gotta do John if at all possible. I wont even mind if his name isnt on the seal, as perhaps he was on a similar or unrelated mission. Or was from the same program either in the future or the past. But He was there.

For me, He's a member of that same team.
    Last edited by baronterror; August 1, 2011 at 02:18pm.

Blackstar, along with Darkwater and Galtar, would be in my own expanded/shared MOTUniverse if I had power of what toylines we'd get. I know lots of people love Bravestarr too, and I guess there's an obvious connection there, but the other titles have more of the magic and barbarian genre that I still prize the most of MOTU's mixture of genres.

Also I'd like way more than just Blackstar. The Overlord, his vizier, the Masters of Time and the Aquarium, Klone the shape shifter, Mara the sorceress, Storm the amazon, Lava Loks, Taleena the evil sorceress, the vampire king, not to mention warlock the dragon...I'd like them all very much! Now the Trobbits...well, they could be cool I guess, but not if we're sticking with their Filmation look.

The main reason I bumped this thread are the recently bought Filmation rights. If they cover Blackstar, I really see no reason for Matty not to include its characters.

I definitely believe that Blackstar would be a much more important character than, let's say... Mo-Larr!

Don't forget that during the official interviews at SDCC, the new ThunderCats producers hinted (actually smiled without saying anything negative) about cameos of SilverHawks and even the obscure TigerSharks.

In a similar way, closely related Filmation franchises such as Blackstar and even Space Sentinels would make great additions to the MOTUC line.

[QUOTE=dr_slump;2780537]The main reason I bumped this thread are the recently bought Filmation rights. If they cover Blackstar, I really see no reason for Matty not to include its characters. I definitely believe that Blackstar would be a much more important character than, let's say... Mo-Larr! QUOTE]

I am glad you bumped it, dr Slump. It's the 30th Anniversary next year of MOTU, so why not go for it, and do some things different, and pay homage to this universe in different ways? Some of these outside characters are natural fits, and can be integrated seamlessly into MOTUC like Blackstar whom shares the obvious Filmation connections along with the sci-fi and fantasy elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    totally agree on that, it makes absolute sense. He's just landed someplace else. And he appears in a He-Man episode, so technically they have the rights to do him. OMG that would be so awesome ... he'd look absolutely teriffic. Just thinking of his swords in MOTUC style, brilliant!

Mattel would probably never do this, but he would make a great SDCC exclusive also, and I would love to see a bonus "space suit" thrown in for him ala' Castle Grayskull trophy suit too. Just don't make it green.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I totally agree. If Mason got on it so should Johnny.
    Perhaps John Blackstar is one of the two astronauts presumed dead on Marlena's mission with the Warp Ship?

I'm looking for angles to demand figures of her astronaut friends. Ya'll help me out!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I love Blackstar show but I am sure it's impossible Mattel release this toy line. Sadly...

The Blackstar action figures were produced by Galoob in 80's and this company was purchased by Hasbro in 1999.

On the other hand, Warlock and the bronze statue could be in MOTUC as well.

I'd take him as part of the motuc line without a doubt. But if they do make a separate line with the same bucks and dementions I am not one to argue.

I mean in the eighties how many different towlines were ther in the style of Motu. Bring that back then we are totally back to the future.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Heroic Warrior
    I thought Blackstar was a property of Filmation. Galoob only factors in for characters Galoob created specifically for that toyline.

I want Blackstar in the MOTUC line. Marlena/Capt. Glenns backstory seems to open the door for Blackstar. It seems like a good fit. Blackstar and Warlock would be great surprise additions to the SDCC 2012 line up. It would be great to get Klone, Mara, Overlord, Kardray, the Trobbits and Lava Locs. It would be easy to make Lt. Katana from the Capt. Glenn mold.

I really hope we get Blackstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless One View Post
    I thought Blackstar was a property of Filmation. Galoob only factors in for characters Galoob created specifically for that toyline.

I want Blackstar in the MOTUC line. Marlena/Capt. Glenns backstory seems to open the door for Blackstar. It seems like a good fit. Blackstar and Warlock would be great surprise additions to the SDCC 2012 line up. It would be great to get Klone, Mara, Overlord, Kardray, the Trobbits and Lava Locs. It would be easy to make Lt. Katana from the Capt. Glenn mold.

I really hope we get Blackstar.
    Even Filmation holding the copyrights, Galloob (and now Hasbro) had the toyline rights.
    But, I do not think Mattel has any interesting in produce them. There are a lot of MOTU Filmation exclusive figures to be released and Blackstar do not have the appeal (unfortunately).
    But I' d like to say Blackstar show is the "twin brother" of He-Man's one...

I loved the original figure because he could stand upright and MOTUC made me think of that immediately.
    I used to want one really badly, but I got impatient. Now I'll be disappointed if they do one once I'm finished.
    Photobucket

It would be really cool if Mattel could somehow tie Blackstar into MOTU, but it's not going to happen. As already mentioned, the toys are owned by Hasbro, and TG said that they only have Filmation access to He-Man and She-Ra, not any of the other shows. Too bad really, but c'mon, we've got hundreds of figures in the pipeline already - I think asking for other toylines is getting a bit ridiculous.

Heroic Warrior
    I would love for them to work in Blackstar somehow.
    Good trades with: Cammor