Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

I'd love to see a Filmation 3-pack with He-Man, Blackstar and Bravestarr...

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    I'd love to see a Filmation 3-pack with He-Man, Blackstar and Bravestarr...
    Best. Idea. Of. The. Year.

Since in 2013 we will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Filmation cartoon, I am sure it would be great if Mattel do a commemorative and exclusive line.

For example: a 3-pack of episode "House of Shokoti" with Lord Masque, Melaktha and Shokoti; or a 3-pack of "She-Damon of Phantos" with Lizard Man, Strongarm and Elmora...

But, a SDCC exclusive 3-pack with Filmation Legends (He-Man, Blackstar & Bravestarr) would be top of tops...

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love that 3-pack as well. I never got into Bravestarr but Blackstar was a fave as a kid. I was hoping if Mattel could get the rights to do the respective shows, we could get a 3-pack from Blackstar with Blackstar, Klone and Mara.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    I'd love that 3-pack as well. I never got into Bravestarr but Blackstar was a fave as a kid. I was hoping if Mattel could get the rights to do the respective shows, we could get a 3-pack from Blackstar with Blackstar, Klone and Mara.
    What about a 2-pack: He-Man vs. Blaclstar and Skeletor vs. Overlord

Heroic Warrior
    TG said very clearly a while back that there wouldn't be crossvariants...

If they release Blackstar, then fine, but make it a different line from MOTUC then. There are way too many cool MOTU characters to release as it is !

There is just no room for this in the MOTUC line...

I gotta say that this idea of John in motuc isn't dead in the water yet. His answer didn't really squash the fact. Now with the flimation rights and the fact that the blackstarr statue was in it we may see it one day. I'm not giving up hope just yet.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I gotta say that this idea of John in motuc isn't dead in the water yet. His answer didn't really squash the fact. Now with the flimation rights and the fact that the blackstarr statue was in it we may see it one day. I'm not giving up hope just yet.
    I'm crossing my fingers...

In fact, I think it's very difficult Blackstar pop up in MOTUC; but I am sure there is no other tv show with more He-Man's similarity than Blackstar !

Mattel lost a great oportunity when didn't put Jonh's name in Marlena's mission...

That's the best He-Man's crossover I can imagine !

Heroic Warrior
    I agree unlikely but it does fit well with the vibe of MOTUC Blackstar's actual cartoon adventures make more sense than half the bios we get about actual MOTU characters these days.

Quote Originally Posted by belmont View Post
    Best. Idea. Of. The. Year.
    I second that.

Unfortunately 'Blackstar' don't have appeal for a new cartoon or even a new toy line.

There are so many similarities between both shows and myths, that I can dream an exclusive Filmation set with He-Man and Blackstar side by side.

But I presume it's impossibles because Mattel don't have the rights for that show. And I think toy rights are still in Hasbro hands as well.

We needed an official pronounced from Toy Guru but untill subscription time ends, I am sure they will be very busy...

Imagine a MOTUC Warlock and Triton with all the articulation and a nice wingspan. But I'm sure this will not happen.

Warlock-shape can apear in MOTUC line because Takdryl (from 'The Remedy' episode) is in Filmation catalog. But unfortunatelly he is in brown color. Definitely I can live with that !

But I don't care about 'Blackstar' statue.

Heroic Warrior
    Y'know if Warlock was in the MOTU Filmation cartoon we could have a green one. After all Mattel said they can make the figures any color they want as long as they have the rights to make the character. So making a green Takdryl would give us Warlock.

I would like the Blackstar statue, but would also want the figure.

3 years later

The urge for a Blackstar Fig in this line has grown for me. I am actually looking Foward to one much sooner. I am more of a Toy guy than a Cartoon guy and I would love to see a Blackstar Toy and be incorporated in the Toy Bio. I think it would be neat if he got retconned into the MOTUC myhtos with CPT Glenn. Seeing as so much time has passed since the 80's cartoons I am more openminded to seeing this happen however I I was hoping to atleast get Extendar and the rest more difficult to tool figures sooner than John but realistically It wouldnt ytake very much to make this fig. Instant money for Mattel on this fig seeing as all they need to do is make a couple accesories and a new head.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Redstar?

He was supposed to be black but they wussed out and so made him slightly non descript ethnic!

So years later Filmation then decided to give us a red indian hero in Bravestarr to only then have Mattel make him caucasian in the toyline!
    Racism is such a fickle thing
    If Blackstar was really supposed to be black then I would like him to be done Black. If not Im still down to get the Blackstar that was released but a little disappointed that he wasn't.
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; August 22, 2011 at 10:30am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

The worst thing is having Mo-Larr instead Blackstar figure in MOTUC line...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    Y'know if Warlock was in the MOTU Filmation cartoon we could have a green one. After all Mattel said they can make the figures any color they want as long as they have the rights to make the character. So making a green Takdryl would give us Warlock.

I would like the Blackstar statue, but would also want the figure.
    So, I am wondering green Takdryl (Warlock) after Granamyr and Molkron !

It seems in the new ThunderCats animated series that is airing in Cartoon Network, SilverHawks and TigerSharks will do a cameo soon...

In my opinion, this fact is the same as Blackstar and Bravestarr appearance in a new He-Man show...
    Last edited by Monteeg; August 31, 2011 at 09:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post

If Blackstar was really supposed to be black then I would like him to be done Black. If not Im still down to get the Blackstar that was released but a little disappointed that he wasn't.
    Nope... not a fan of that.

Whatever was on the drawing room floor, can stay there. I like the look of the character as he was portrayed. No need to change anything.

Unless they want to make TWO blackstars.. but Seriously... that seems Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Nope... not a fan of that.

Whatever was on the drawing room floor, can stay there. I like the look of the character as he was portrayed. No need to change anything.

Unless they want to make TWO blackstars.. but Seriously... that seems Unlikely.
    Nostalgia wants me to agree with you but principle dictates that I demand the brother get his break. E speically if he was changed only out of fear that he wasnt going to be a marketable character because of being black.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    Nostalgia wants me to agree with you but principle dictates that I demand the brother get his break. E speically if he was changed only out of fear that he wasnt going to be a marketable character because of being black.

I get what you and the previous poster are coming from. I personally would want the figure (dont' expect it to be made really) to appear as he did on the cartoon. To me it's just as reasonable or maybe more so to have a Native American character issued as a toy. Especially in MOTU, there weren't any.

Jeez, I just thought he was named Blackstar because he had black hair. As long as he looks reasonably enough like he did in the cartoon I'd be very happy with that. And Warlock is a must!

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    I would be nice to have a Filmation Takdryl (pink Warlock version).

In the bio could be somehow a crossover between motuc and ba!

Last edited by Mamblo; September 9, 2011 at 08:24am.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Blackstar would be a great SDCC exclusive (maybe as part of the above suggested 3-pack), but I wouldn't want any other characters from the line to take up MOTUC.

Now if they made a separate Blackstar line, or Filmations Classics that were to scale with motuc then I'd be all for it.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Perhaps this is common knowledge to all of you, but just to make sure: do I detect some Flash Gordon themes in Blackstar (e.g. the music)?
    Plus, those cave beast from the first episode remind me somewhat of the Shadow Beasts... Just guessing here.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Blackstar would be a great SDCC exclusive (maybe as part of the above suggested 3-pack), but I wouldn't want any other characters from the line to take up MOTUC.

Now if they made a separate Blackstar line, or Filmations Classics that were to scale with motuc then I'd be all for it.
    I agree with you...
    With Filmation rights to produce MOTU characters, I'd like to see ToyGuru officialy talking about the possiblity (or not) to do Blackstar figure in MOTUC universe.
    I am sure 'Blackstar' lonely has no appeal to do so. But next to He-Man in a Filmation commemorative set, I really can dream...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    blackstar would fit in nice with motuc figures.