Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

I would love to have a Blackstar collection done up by the 4Horsemen, but I don't see it happening. I would also rather finish out MOTUC, particularly with POP, NA, and Filmation characters.
    If they ever did one, I'd love to buy a 6-figure sub with:
    Blackstar
    Klone
    Mara
    Overlord
    Vizier
    Neptul
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Lets keep other series out of MOTU. I find it hard to believe Blackstar has such fanbase (that isn't already buying MOTUC) that would even significantly matter.

They should just do most popular old Filmation characters from other series in entirely separate series.

In years past I thought we could have sustained a sub line devoted to Blackstar or Warlord (or even Remco Warrior beasts and other knock offs if they were made to look as cool as MOTUC). But currently it feels like the window for that, if it was ever open, is closed.

Since I don't know if I'll get a lot of the established (be they well known or obscure) characters I want already, I can't campaign for adding even more characters to the line.

Heroic Warrior
    Blackstarr

Overlord

Dragon.

I would buy these three items in a heartbeat... However, I don't see it breathing a breath of fresh air into the line... the line needs to get back to basics. Vintage PoP NA...

enough with the characters nobody heard of... While "I" would love these three... and in a HEALTHY line I'd be all for it... I don't think now is right time

I would love a Blackstar sub, but have no hope it will ever come.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

But the Blackstar toys were made by Hasbro...I don't know if Matty producing figures will ever be an option.

It's been said a million times Mattel DOES NOT have the Rights to either Bravestar or Blackstar. Their only deal with Classic Media was for MOTU Characters.

OMG folks... MOTUC is on the chopping block and we need core MOTU/POP/NA/200x characters! Stop trying to merge non-MOTU lines into MOTUC.

Hi Hasbro... You wanna make some Star Trek figures in your Star Wars toy line? They are practically the same thing! Ugh... Some people.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    NOT for me. I want MOTU NA POP ELDOR
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadkiel View Post
    But the Blackstar toys were made by Hasbro...I don't know if Matty producing figures will ever be an option.
    Actually, they were produced by Galoob, which was not yet owned by Hasbro. But, being previously produced by another toy company, even Hasbro, would not prevent Mattel from being able to make them. Hasbro use to have the DC license, and both companies have produced Cabbage Patch Kids, and several other properties.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Hi Hasbro... You wanna make some Star Trek figures in your Star Wars toy line? They are practically the same thing! Ugh... Some people.
    Thanks, remind me that Star Trek has no toys either. Some people!

OMG folks... MOTUC is on the chopping block and we need core MOTU/POP/NA/200x characters! Stop trying to merge non-MOTU lines into MOTUC.

Though I agree with your statement wholeheartedly about keeping focus on MOTU/POP/NA/200x. The Star Trek/Star Wars analogy doesn't fit here.

Bravestarr was another Lou Scheimer show in which He-Man was originally suppose to appear in the shows pilot episode, though it ultimately did not happen.

As far as Blackstar is concerned... In addition to a statue of him appearing in a He-Man episode, Blackstar was also a Lou Sheimer series that had many similarities to MOTU - almost like the 'official' precursor to MOTU.

So in this case it would make sense to incorporate them one day IF all the other characters were made in MOTU/POP/NA/200x. At the very least a separate line using the same buck/shared parts.

Star Wars and Star Trek are like apples and bananas. COMPLETELY different beasts. (I am more a Star Trek fan). Mixing those two would be like mixing Garfield, and Calvin & Hobbes. Both have orange striped cats but they do not go together at all... (Nor should they ever).
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; July 21, 2012 at 09:23pm.

The only difference here is that Blackstar made a cameo in He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Well at least I would love to se Blackstar in Classics. No need for anyone else not-MotU
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Not for me thanks.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    If somebody were to make custom heads, armor & weapons that would fit on the motuc figures. and looked really good I would buy.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Widget

Blackstar MOTUC Figure(s)?

Do any of you guys remember Blackstar? The Precursor to the Fimation He-Man series?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmlSNvOQnkE

I personally think (as a tribute to Lou Schaimer) that we should add Blackstar and his Friends to the MOTUC Line and have a Crossover Comic Book where He-Man, She-Ra and Blackstar must unite to defeat Skeletor, Hordak, and The Overlord.

Blackstar was great back in the day! I've got to watch the complete series on DVD sometime. Blackstar and Overlord would make great figures!How about Filmation's Freedom Force? Super Samurai would make a great MOTUC style figure too!
    Last edited by TITAN; January 20, 2014 at 07:18pm.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I would love some Blackstar figures.

No. I don't want any other lines getting in here. There's way to many MOTU, POP and NA figures to get through. I'd only take it if it was an extra made sku like Mo-Larr or Standor, but who would put up the money?!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Notice how even the lead villain has blue skin, like a GAR? Pretty cool coincidence, huh? Plus the Lava Monsters fit right in.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

Heroic Warrior
    Love me some Blackstar but Id like to have all he-man first before branching out.
    Maybe if we get to a 2016 or 2017 sub then I would be all for it along with some never made before filmation characters.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

I hope That Mattel Makes one using Classic Parts if they Get the rights.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I absolutely would love Blackstar & Overlord in MOTUC Style. Hence why if I can afford it I will be getting the perfectly beautiful mod kit that makes Jitsu Blackstar. That's good enough for me.

But would I love Overlord too? Of course.