Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

They should make a Blackstar figure. That would be fine. Then fans who like Blackstar can buy Blackstar.

They should put a BLACKSTAR logo on the package so that people know what franchise he comes from. That would be better than putting a misleading MOTUC logo on the package. So if you're a Blackstar fan and not a fan of MOTUC, this figure will be for you. If you're a MOTUC fan and not a fan of Blackstar, you'll be free to ignore the figure.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    They should make a Blackstar figure. That would be fine. Then fans who like Blackstar can buy Blackstar.

They should put a BLACKSTAR logo on the package so that people know what franchise he comes from. That would be better than putting a misleading MOTUC logo on the package. So if you're a Blackstar fan and not a fan of MOTUC, this figure will be for you. If you're a MOTUC fan and not a fan of Blackstar, you'll be free to ignore the figure.
    I like this idea. As long as he has all the same features and height as Motuc. I could live with that. And it wouldn't take away from the Motuc figure of the month either.

I see nothing wrong with incorporating other characters into the line. Personally, I'd buy a Blackstar before any of the NA characters.

DC Comics bought Captain Marvel (Shazam!) from Fawcet comics. Now Capt. marvel is considered a DC character. Charleton Comics was purchased by DC in the 1980's, prviding DC the Blue Beetle, Captain Atom and The Question, to name a few. More recently, DC bought Archie comics superheroes, and will begin using characters from there in the DCU.

That said, I think it would be wonderful if Mattel bought the rights to other toylines which had Filmation Cartoon, and made them part of MOTU.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Blackstar, He-man, She-ra AND Bravestarr should all go together!

Mix-in Thundarr in there too, but that would be asking too much!

But definitely the first four should be a shoe-in. Hey Vipra could join King Hiss' army. Let's see how Tex Hex handles that!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I'd definitely be down with including other lines into the MOTUC line as I agree that it would also emphasize the relevance of the term "universe" in the title Masters Of The"Universe" just so long as the connections between lines made sense story wise, like the ideas offered here (#16).

I honestly don't know or remember too much about Blackstar but I really do like his design and think he'd look great in the MOTUC style, and from the looks of him, Rio Blast seems to have been the initial inspiration for the creation & development of the Bravestarr line, therefor the connection between the two lines seems a natural fit (that is of course if you first accept Rio Blast as a true, legitimate MOTU character, albeit one of the very last figures released in the classic toyline.)

But I would totally buy a Bravestarr and a Blackstar MOTUC figure, although I think they would make more sense as some type of exclusives, such as store exclusives, like Toys R' Us perhaps, that way, they wouldn't really be taking the place of an actual MOTU character in the regular release-schedule of the MOTUC line.

And on that note, I'd Also love a MOTUC style Superman figure and even moreso, (though I'm not quite sure how the character would fit into MOTU storyline,) I'd also love a MOTUC style Venger figure from the D&D Animated series.
    – No comment.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    But Blackstar was the hero of his world/situation. To have him live in a realm where He-Man would trump him would dimish Blackstar's effectiveness.

Hasbro has always been keen on mixing their licenses. GI Joe vs Transformers. Transformers vs GI Joe. Now M.A.S.K. and GI Joe. The latter is brilliant IMO. They're all humans from Earth. They're all contemporaries in time. They're both good vs evil concepts. And it's totally plausible to see Miles Mayhem team up with Cobra Commander in an act of global terrorism that would lead to the Joes recruiting Trakker and Co. to join their ranks as special agents.

I just don't get that same feeling with Blackstar in MOTUC.

I know lots of people want Superman in MOTUC as well since he actually appeared in print on Eternia. I'm not really a fan of this either BUT at least it happened in one sense or another (even if it was just a simple sales ploy from DC & Mattel). Transformers featured Spider-Man too for the same reasons.

Bottom line: I could live with a cross-over if there #1. was a purpose for the cross-over and #2. is/was already established as a cross-over (regardless of purpose). Therefore, no Bravestarr. No Blackstarr. No Thundercats. No Silverhawks. No COPs in MOTUC.

Thanks for reading.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

I think Blackstar would make a cool exclusive but i dont want many mor echaracters in the line.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I would like to make a figure of Blakstar, but if not I already made my custom of Blackstar

Awesome custom battle_lion!!!
    Thanks for sharing.

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

I'd likely pick up a Blackstar if made - but I'd feel wierd about him being the same body style as He-Man. Blackstar was athletic but he wasn't nearly as built as most Eternian males (toys were also leaner than MOTU toys).

That custom is awesome, particularly Warlock - but the Blackstar would be more accurate with a less muscular base figure. Still awesome to behold though.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by battle_lion View Post
    I would like to make a figure of Blakstar, but if not I already made my custom of Blackstar

Hey man nice to see you here. Awesome custom.
    You should post it in the customs section.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Sadly neither will be made into action figures since both Blackstar and BraveStarr are owned by Filmation.

Heroic Warrior
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SeJ33j8DQ

John black star.... most def a motu guy..

while we are at it they should make THUNDAARR the barbarian..
    or maybe not as they made figs of them already.. and of the herculoids to

Blackstar has place enough in the MOTU Universe, so why not?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Sounds good to me but after they make every classic motu and POP character that was released as a figure in the 80s, plus characters such as He-Ro, the Star Sisters and Eldor
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I'd be happy with a Blackstar figure but I doubt it will happen as Blackstar is owned by Entertainment Rights. It was a cartoon before it was a toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
    I'd likely pick up a Blackstar if made - but I'd feel wierd about him being the same body style as He-Man. Blackstar was athletic but he wasn't nearly as built as most Eternian males (toys were also leaner than MOTU toys).
    Welcome to the boards!
    They just had slimmer arms really. They look slimmer over all as they are more up right in stature!

BTW: Please send me a private message about your Darkwolf figure!! I am a big Fire & Ice fan!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I'd buy a Blackstar Figure, Bravestarr too--- if they get to Rio Blast, it'd be awesome to have Bravestarr for him to hang out with and Blackstar would be welcome among the ranks of magic barbarians.

and battle_lion, those are awesome! I particularly love Warlock.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Blackstar could definitly fit in with the MOTU universe.

He may not be as Bulky as He-man but then neither was Bow.

It all depends on who owns the rights to Blackstar. Filmation created the character in 1981. Follwing the success of He-Man, toys were put out by Galoob in 1983. Filmation ended and He-Man and Blackstar cartoons are owned by Entertainment Rights. Galoob was bought out by hasbro, Mattel's biggest competetor.

So it basically boils down to who owns rights to the toy. If it's Hasbro, it probably wont happen, if its Entertainment Rights, well we are basically in the same boat as the Filmation Masters of the Universe Characters. That said, maybe Blackstar could be the key to us getting the Filmation Characters made.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

As I said in my previous post, Blackstar was a cartoon first then a toy.
    So it's fair to say that Entertainment Rights probably own Blackstar out right!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That said, maybe Blackstar could be the key to us getting the Filmation Characters made.
    This is funny. Without trying to be insulting - do you really think one dead toyline could be the answer to achieving characters for a revived toy line?

BraveStarr would be a cool addition to MOTU as well, since he was a Filmation character, and had a Toyline made by Mattel. I would want to see him updated a little like Rio Blast was. Heck, you could even have those two working together as ETERNIAN POLICE!

Bravestarr doesn't do anything for me. A space Cowboy no way. It didnt work then and it wont work now. Rio Blast gets alittle credibility cause he is already apart of the MOTU. Im sure if Rio wasnt apart of the universe Bravestarr wouldn't even be brought up.

So no to Bravestarr.

flash gordon is too human like.
    And Ming is not a MOTU Villian to me.

Blackstar maybe the test run for Heman. After the cartoon didnt do as well as expected. A few years latter BANG HE-man.

So the best canidate for a "GUEST APPEARENCE" as a figure would be BLACKSTAR! in the MOTUC tiyline.

Heroic Warrior
    Just because you "FELT" they were connected, doesn't mean they ARE.

I just don't see any reason to have stuff that's not even TANGENTIALLY related being integrated into the line, just because it all appeared on television at relatively the same time, and explored similar themes.

as I said, it makes about as much sense as a Geordi LaForge action figure in a Doctor Who line.

Were they both done by Filmation?, YES. Were they both about Barbarians with magic Swords?, YES. but the similarities end there.

a statue does not a connection make, it was used as a nod to the other show, but does not establish any kind of tangible connection.

if you want a Blackstar Toy, ask the people who own/hold the rights for one.

This is MOTU, it has it's own characters, we don't need to be adding stuff from outside the property to make it great or interesting, it's great and interesting all by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    We even see a statue of Bravestar in the He-Man cartoon. So its not that unusual that fans would connect those cartoons together.

Because of the copyrights though, I doubt any of that will happen. But if it could with a few characters I think that would be great!
    It does? Where? What episode?

I never saw Blackstar the cartoon. I was only 6 in 1981 and likely watching something a little less "violent" than action cartoons. I'm pretty sure MOTU and D&D were my first real action cartoons until TF & GI Joe rolled around. Before that it was likely all Disney or Looney Tunes or something.