Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Blackstar in the MOTUC?

I started to look at ebay for blackstar toys and I must admit that the Bull with wings was really neat! the more I look at this line the more I wish that Mattel and the horsemen mixed these guys into the Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by FakeEyes22 View Post
    I loved the original figure because he could stand upright and MOTUC made me think of that immediately.
    I used to want one really badly, but I got impatient. Now I'll be disappointed if they do one once I'm finished.
    simply amazing work.
    Last edited by CocoaSmooth; September 13, 2011 at 08:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaSmooth View Post
    I started to look at ebay for blackstar toys and I must admit that the Bull with wings was really neat! the more I look at this line the more I wish that Mattel and the horsemen mixed these guys into the Masters.

simply amazing work.
    When I saw that Griffin a few minutes ago, I remembered your post !!!
    Now Mattel can easily do Triton Bull in MOTUC....

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    When I saw that Griffin a few minutes ago, I remembered your post !!!
    Now Mattel can easily do Triton Bull in MOTUC....
    Dude I thought the same thing when I saw the Griffin too! lol!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Bumping this to compete with the Bravestarr thread. I have to say I'd much rather have Blackstar in MOTUC.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Bumping this to compete with the Bravestarr thread. I have to say I'd much rather have Blackstar in MOTUC.

Me too !
    Blackstar's show is like a twin brother of He-Man's one.
    But unfortunately I think the only one chance we have to see an oficial Blackstar released is in a Filmation's Heroes Commemorative set, along with He-Man, Blackstar and Bravestarr....

Taken as a whole, I think both Bravestarr and Blackstar could fit as parts of He-Man's universe--but of the two Blackstar feels more natural in He-Man's corner of that universe.

Snappy Threader
    I think it would be cool, but I believe I read in the "hasbro lays off employees" thread in the "other" discussion area, that Hasbro owns Blackstar because they own Galoob? Idk.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I think it would be cool, but I believe I read in the "hasbro lays off employees" thread in the "other" discussion area, that Hasbro owns Blackstar because they own Galoob? Idk.
    I believed in that but when BCI released Blackstar's DVD, I realized Blackstar's Filmation rights were in BCI (now Classic Media) hands.
    I think Galoob only had the rights to produce the toys in the 80's. Not anymore.
    But I am tired to invite ToyGuru to explain that for us.
    It would be great !

Snappy Threader
    Cool thanks for the explanation Monteeg. That could be great news then.

Has BLACKSTAR happened yet!!?? Geez... how long is this gonna take!?

Seriously though, I would love to see him worked into MOTU somehow. He would make a great looking figure, and he could be made easily with existing tools.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I'd much rather have BOTH!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Has BLACKSTAR happened yet!!?? Geez... how long is this gonna take!?

Seriously though, I would love to see him worked into MOTU somehow. He would make a great looking figure, and he could be made easily with existing tools.
    And there is the possible Captain Glenn connection with them both being space explorers from Earth.
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

And there is the possible Captain Glenn connection with them both being space explorers from Earth.
    Oh yeah! I hadn't even though of that! Very cool. Maybe BLACKSTAR could be an astronaut that was sent into space to try to find out how and why CAPTAIN GLENN disappeared.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Blackstar and Bravestarr could both happen! I would LOVE to have an MOTUC style Overlord and Tex Hex

Masters of the Universe Blackstar, Bravestarr, Overlord, etc. After the 30th annv figures are done, this should happen! If M.A.S.K can be absorbed into GI Joe then MOTUC should absorb the Filmation related cartoons.
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Matt Trakker was a one-off in 2008 for the GI Joe figures. Hasbro stated that they had no intention on re-launching the MASK franchise at that point and that no other MASK characters would make it into the GI Joe line. I'm all for expanding the line and its universe, though. If Mattel decided to throw in a Bravestarr character or two, I would happily add it to my existing collection.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

In new ThunderCats cartoon, SilverHawks and TigerSharks characters did a cameo...
    I will not be surprised if we have both lines in 'ThunderCats Classics' toyline in the future...

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    It makes a lot of sense, but I don't know how much sense it makes financially for Mattel to aquire the rights to BlackStar...I hope someone that is more familiar with the situation can chime in and give us an update as to whether or not this is a real possibility/
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Heroic Warrior
    Would love to see it, and like the "Filmation Legends" 2 (or 3)-pack idea. Weren't there some recent lines for Herculoids and Thundarr? How did those do? Figuring the same niche market would be interested in something like this.

I also like the idea of tying his original Earth mission into something related to Marlena, even if they weren't necessarily on the same ship. And maybe since he's a statue in "modern" Eternian times, that could mean that whatever happened in the time-space continuum, he arrived much earlier than Marlena, maybe even Preternia.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    It makes a lot of sense, but I don't know how much sense it makes financially for Mattel to aquire the rights to BlackStar...I hope someone that is more familiar with the situation can chime in and give us an update as to whether or not this is a real possibility/
    For Mattel I think it makes no great financial advantages.
    But I am sure Mattel can make Blackstar figure only doing an agreement with Classic Media...
    Maybe it would be the same agreement Mattel did last year and got the rights of produce MOTU Filmation figures (indeed in my opinion Mattel did not purchased any Filmation characters rights)...

Unfortunately Blackstar show aired only 13 episodes and was canceled prematurely. So, maybe it will be impossible to update those cool characters like Overlord, Mara, Klone, Warlock or the Trobbits....on the other hand, John Blackstar has all appeal to be released in MOTUC Universe, specialy in a commemorative set...if it works, we could dream of a new 3-pack with Skeletor, Overlord and Tex Hex...

As you said, I would like to hear from ToyGuru (or any other Mattel menager) the real possibility of this happens...
    Please, ToyGuru...Answer us !

I don't have active voice here but I am sure someone could ask to Mattel in next round of questions if it is possible Blackstar release in a commemorative pack...

Commemoratives 2013 (Filmation's 30th years):

- SDCC: 4-pack box with Skeletor Filmation / Hordak Filmation / Overlord / Tex Hex

- Matty: 4-pack box with He-Man Filmation / She-Ra Filmation / Blackstar / Bravestarr
    Last edited by Monteeg; May 20, 2012 at 10:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well like some have pointed out it would heavily depend on the licensing specifics and ownership of the Blackstar property. But since I see a slight loophole since the character did appear in a He-man Filmation episode, maybe something can be worked out from that. Although that's reaching on my part cause companies like Filmation always use to toss Easter Eggs like that here and there.

But there's no arguing that he can be "canon'd" into the bios..... Earth Expedition Force anyone????
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Maybe 'Bravestarr' is easier than 'Blackstar' because Mattel had already released that line in the 80's (while Blackstar was released by Galoob).

I think that is the best way to bring Filmation versions from main characters (He-Man, She-Ra, Skeletor and Hordak), since we do not have the TRU 2-pack anymore.

I remember someone asked TG about Bravestarr recently. But what about Blackstar ????

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'd be down for Blackstar in motuc. but I'd be just as happy to have gray (he-ro) variant.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Blackstar characters - A breath of fresh air for MOTUC?

Not much to suggest here, just as the title says... adding the two basic Blackstar characters to the MOTUC line would definitely boost sales instead of new and extremely obscure characters.

What I'm not sure about is the current rights holders (did Mattel buy rights for everything-Filmation?). If not, Blackstar makes an appearance on He-Man as a statue, so with a different name (or the same if included in the script) I think it's already possible to produce.

For me, such a universe expansion would surely boost sales to a certain extent, quite more than some characters already announced/produced. What's your opinion on this?
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Or we just ditch the concept characters and bring out what was originally meant to be released..

MOTU, POP, NA, 200X, Mini-comic
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"