Thread: Star Sisters Comic And Playset?

Star Sisters Comic And Playset?

Someone on here just brought to my attention an auction (sorry, can't post the link, since it's still ongoing) relating to the Star Sisters.

Apparently this guy wrote an article for Lee's many years ago. I had NO idea that someone out there got access to the name of the comic that was planned to come with the Star Sisters, or that there was also a playset for 'em in the works. (Crystal Caverns, perhaps?) Does anyone have this particular issue of Lee's?

"Up for auction is a She-Ra: Princess of Power toy line guide. It was written for the very popular 'Lee's Action Figure News & Toy Review' magazine about 10 years ago (I am actually the author of the article). You will get the entire magazine, in unread condition. The She-Ra guide article is four pages long, with pictures on every page. There is an article going over the She-Ra toy line and then breifing each year the line was produced. Even an informed She-Ra collector can get some new information out of this article (Did you know the name of the comic planned to go along with the Star Sisters figures? Or the name of a planned playset for the Star Sisters in the 4 year?) In the aricle are 47 full color pictures of almost all the toys in the line... including the 8 rare giftsets (Defenders of Good, She-Ra and Swiftwind, Peekablue and Crystal Moonbeam, etc), Spinnerella MOC, the Star Sisters and many more. This is my last extra copy, I have sold this in the past for $40-60. Please see my other auctions for more toy guides like this on other great 80's lines and even rare He-Man and She-Ra figures. Good luck and happy bidding!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    what is the auction #?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Star sisters

I have that issue. It doesn't show anything, it just mentions that there was a playset called Crystal Caverns planned, along with Glory Bird. Rather disappointing actually. His information mat be off though, as he states Spinnerella was only released overseas, but an auction on ebay for Spinnerella on a USA card just ended, so I guess beleive what you want. I like to see picutres myself.

Quote Originally Posted by erisk View Post
    I have that issue. It doesn't show anything, it just mentions that there was a playset called Crystal Caverns planned, along with Glory Bird. Rather disappointing actually. His information mat be off though, as he states Spinnerella was only released overseas, but an auction on ebay for Spinnerella on a USA card just ended, so I guess beleive what you want. I like to see picutres myself.
    Does it say what the name of the comic is that was planned to come with the Star Sisters?

It was called "Beyond the azure Star Caverns". That's all the info he has on it.

It was called "Beyond the azure Star Caverns". That's all the info he has on it.
    That sounds like it would've been hot.

I'm really curious as to what the playset would have looked like. I wonder if it would have had a transforming-like quality like the Star Sisters themselves had. And are we talking Crystal Castle size, or Crystal Falls? That might be a fun art challenge for the boards. Design the Crystal Caverns playset, complete with action features.

I'm really curious as to what the playset would have looked like. I wonder if it would have had a transforming-like quality like the Star Sisters themselves had. And are we talking Crystal Castle size, or Crystal Falls? That might be a fun art challenge for the boards. Design the Crystal Caverns playset, complete with action features.
    Since the Crystal Caverns were supposed to be within Skydancer Mountain, directly below Crystal Castle, I think it would've been cool if they designed something around the Castle. -- Like the playset would be an actual mountain with a flat top that you could place The Crystal Castle on...and when you turn it around, there's an opening with a room/cavern.

Yeah, that sounds cool. Playsets that interact with each other are the greatest. It could add to Crystal Castle like Point Dread does to Greyskull. One question though: How did you know where it was going to be? I'll admit I don't know as much about She-Ra as He-Man, so any information about that kind of stuff is really cool.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    My guess is this playset resembles the area Light Hope went to at the end of "Where Hope Has Gone." The central feature of the playset would probably have been Light Hope.

Heroic Warrior
    Sailor Moon and the Starlights come to mind.