Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What we would have gotten in Season 3 . . .

Marlena as half-Gar is a very ODD direction to go in. Skeletor is half Gar and is full-on blue. Marlena doesn't have a hint of blue tint to her skin. It's a very odd choice with what they've already established with the genetics with Skeletor - he has the bony elbow points as well.

ODD.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I suppose there is no way Mattel will continue the story arch.
    Never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Marlena as half-Gar is a very ODD direction to go in. Skeletor is half Gar and is full-on blue. Marlena doesn't have a hint of blue tint to her skin. It's a very odd choice with what they've already established with the genetics with Skeletor - he has the bony elbow points as well.

ODD.
    Thats why I don't like it.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Co-Creator of the NV
    - Man-At-Arms captured and turned into a Snakeman for good – giving Snake Men a new weapons master.

I like the turn, but not sure if I like it to be permanent.

- Clamp Champ would have been next Heroic Warrior introduced.

Nice to see a new character get some air time.

- Story about how Clawful would gain intelligence via some brain tampering from Tri-Klops and almost overthrow Skeletor.

Always good to see bad guys get some brains.

- More exploration of Fisto and Teela relationship.

I like the revelation in MYP and would've loved to see it explored further.

- Faker was going to play an important role in the season 2 cliffhanger.

Never cared for Faker but I guess that's fine.

- Horde Armour to He-Man would have been finalized.

Would've been interested in the visuals that go with this armor.

- More exploration on how Marlena is Half-Gar.

I don't like the idea.

- More exploration of Keldor and Randor being brothers. Keldor being the first-born.

Love the sibling relationship and it's about time it was explored.

- Mekaneck's origin possibly told (what is in DVD bio).

Mek's a pretty lame character but I like origin stories so I'm fine with this.

- Evil Lyn and Skeletor would take over Eternia; banish Randor to Despondos.

Works for me.

- Evil-Lyn would succeed in freeing Hordak

Love that.

- Hordak would be an extreme threat to Eternia

See above.

- Prahvus would return and Hordak would recruit him.

I like the look of Prahvus so a return is good.

- Skeletor would have jaw-dropping battle with King Hiss.

I would've liked to see this.

- Masters would become renegades with Horde over Eternia.

Take the best part of POP and leave out the worst part of POP (the characters)? I'm sold!

- Skeletor would come back at end of season 3 and defeat Hordak.

Good way to end the season.

Seasion three should have been all about the Horde, Adora and the introduction of She-Ra (IMO). I am so gutted that we never got to see Adora in the cartoon or comic. But at least She-Ra got an updated 4H design. Its good to know that MOTUC is not going to leave out POP's influance this time around. It adds so much to the mythos!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Seasion three should have been all about the Horde, Adora and the introduction of She-Ra (IMO). I am so gutted that we never got to see Adora in the cartoon or comic. But at least She-Ra got an updated 4H design. Its good to know that MOTUC is not going to leave out POP's influance this time around. It adds so much to the mythos!
    I'm still very curious about exactly how Stefan & Hartle had planned to tackle She-Ra on the new show. Obviously, Hordak couldn't be ruling Etheria for years while he was tucked safely away in Despondos. The lack of She-Ra on the cartoon is part of the reason I'm working on writing a She-Ra movie right now; I need to get my fix somehow. I also really would have liked to see the 4H designs for the rest of the Rebels and the Horde, like Catra and Scorpia (we never got a Scorpia figure, you know.)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Maybe Despondos would actually turn out to be Etheria? It's another dimension and he WAS trapped in another dimension after all...

It still doesn't explain the whole Hordak kidnapping Adora if he was trapped in another dimension for thousands of years before she was even born.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Maybe Despondos would actually turn out to be Etheria? It's another dimension and he WAS trapped in another dimension after all...

It still doesn't explain the whole Hordak kidnapping Adora if he was trapped in another dimension for thousands of years before she was even born.
    I think the story that Val and Emiliano cooked up for the comic would have explaned everything! I hope they can share this story soon.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

The thousands of years thing I have no idea about BUT in the Q and A, I believe it was stated that Randor would have ended up stranded in Despondos.

MAYBE in the recent past Adora ended up in Despondos (via that well thing Keldor threw his remaining acid into as a tribute or payment to Hordak as stated in the DVD's) and the the only way to get her back was for someone to take her place. So, Randor offers himself up as a trade, not realizing that A) Adora has been brainwashed and B) She is possesed by an ethereal Hordak who hitches a ride as a two for one deal (well one body for one deal )

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    The thousands of years thing I have no idea about BUT in the Q and A, I believe it was stated that Randor would have ended up stranded in Despondos.

MAYBE in the recent past Adora ended up in Despondos (via that well thing Keldor threw his remaining acid into as a tribute or payment to Hordak as stated in the DVD's) and the the only way to get her back was for someone to take her place. So, Randor offers himself up as a trade, not realizing that A) Adora has been brainwashed and B) She is possesed by an ethereal Hordak who hitches a ride as a two for one deal (well one body for one deal )

Thats what I figured, that Keldor kidnapped her and sent her to Despondos (maybe on orders from Hordak or maybe just for a laugh). Then Hordak raised her and brainwashed her. I don't think their would have been any Etheria or any of the POP rebel characters in the MYP cartoon.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Thats what I figured, that Keldor kidnapped her and sent her to Despondos (maybe on orders from Hordak or maybe just for a laugh). Then Hordak raised her and brainwashed her. I don't think their would have been any Etheria or any of the POP rebel characters in the MYP cartoon.
    I had this one idea (take it or leave it ) where Skeletor or Evil-Lyn would free Hordak from Despondos IN THE PRESENT, and Hordak would then go BACK IN TIME about 18 years somehow, team up with the young Keldor, kidnap Adora, and head off to Etheria to do his thing. Convoluted, I know, but at least we still get a She-Ra spinoff out of it.

Court Magician
    It all sounds really interesting to me. Would have loved to see it. If MAA was lost to the dark side forever I think it would be interesting if they had to determine a new MAA since that's the thing in the MOTU mythos that there was always a MAA. We could see what the selection criteria was. Also would have loved to see Skeletor kick Hsss's butt. And personally I think Kobra Khan was by far the coolest snake man anyway so I would have liked to see him finally put Rattlor in his place.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Almost everything sounds like it would have been outstanding.

Obviously, I'm not a fan of Fisto being Teela's father either, or that MAA would have been a Snake Man for almost the entire season.

I don't think they would have kept him as a snake all that long tho', I think they would have had him a snake for a few eps, introducing the likes of Blast Attack, and giving the snakes technology, but before the Horde-era had begun, they would have turned him back into human. The ep wherein MAA is freed and made human again, ( same ep as Skeletor faces down Hsss) could even have had a final scene wherein Hordak is FREED!

Happy end? I think NOT!

Maybe Blast Attack could have become the Snakemen's tech. guy when MAA went back to normal?

I was just thinking about something. They said that Man At Arms would have stayed as a Snakeman. For at least a long while anyway. And they said The Sorceress would have been killed. What if they had Duncan be the one who killed her? Or maybe She is the one that saves him, but at the cost of her own life?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Good grief!!! There was some very interesting stuff. All power to EVIL-LYN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I was just thinking about something. They said that Man At Arms would have stayed as a Snakeman. For at least a long while anyway. And they said The Sorceress would have been killed. What if they had Duncan be the one who killed her? Or maybe She is the one that saves him, but at the cost of her own life?
    Interesting... I love these kind of idea's. Imagine Duncan having to come to terms with what he's done to her when he finally gets back to normal And that's when he also finds out that they had been married and had a child but he lost his memory... Poor guy wouldn't be able to come to terms with it. He might retreat to the mountains for quite some time until the knew Sorceress () comes and tells her father that he must return because he is needed. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post

Man.... so much potential.
    Indeed...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by DawnWarrior View Post
    I had this one idea (take it or leave it ) where Skeletor or Evil-Lyn would free Hordak from Despondos IN THE PRESENT, and Hordak would then go BACK IN TIME about 18 years somehow, team up with the young Keldor, kidnap Adora, and head off to Etheria to do his thing. Convoluted, I know, but at least we still get a She-Ra spinoff out of it.
    Interesting idea, though I don't think they would have done it like that, I'm pretty sure they said from the beginning that there would be no other planets in this version of MOTU. So the only way to do Etheria would be to have it as another dimension like Despondos. But like I say I don't think they would have used Etheria at all, other wise why even have Despondos.

Wanted:

Fisto as Teela's dad and MAA permanently a snake are two things I wouldn't have cared for. Everything else seems kind of neat.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Well, I re-read the Ian Richter's answers to fans' questions, and wanted to highlight what would have been with MYP-show continuing...

- Man-At-Arms captured and turned into a Snakeman for good – giving Snake Men a new weapons master.

- Clamp Champ would have been next Heroic Warrior introduced.

- Story about how Clawful would gain intelligence via some brain tampering from Tri-Klops and almost overthrow Skeletor.

- More exploration of Fisto and Teela relationship.

- Faker was going to play an important role in the season 2 cliffhanger.

- Horde Armour to He-Man would have been finalized.

- More exploration on how Marlena is Half-Gar.

- More exploration of Keldor and Randor being brothers. Keldor being the first-born.

- Mekaneck's origin possibly told (what is in DVD bio).

- Evil Lyn and Skeletor would take over Eternia; banish Randor to Despondos.

- Evil-Lyn would succeed in freeing Hordak

- Hordak would be an extreme threat to Eternia

- Prahvus would return and Hordak would recruit him.

- Skeletor would have jaw-dropping battle with King Hiss.

- Masters would become renegades with Horde over Eternia.

- Skeletor would come back at end of season 3 and defeat Hordak.

Man.... so much potential.
    This makes me sad. So much potential for great epic story telling shot to Hell. What kind of world are we living in where the Simpsons can run for 2,000 years (long after it's ceased to be funny) but a good remake of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe can't catch a break?
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Skeletor is simply smarter than both Hsss and Hordak so that's why he will always come out on top in the end!!

Long live Skeletor I say!!
    Agreed. Skeletor is "Death Incarnate!" in my mind anyway. As a character icon he is DEATH, the LORD of destruction, the inevitable end of all!

Hordak may have been his mentor, maybe even more powerful than Skeletor, but I think it would be cool to see that Hordak, in creating Skeletor, created his own demise!

Symbolically it's neat to see that He-Man is so powerful, because his enemies are so incredibly powerful, yet he stands against them all, and greatest among his enemies in my mind will always be Skeletor.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

The way he was portrayed in the show, Skeletors seemed to be like an almost unstoppable force. No matter how often someone would beat him down, he'd always come back better prepared, armed and dangerous. Skeletor just would never give up, he'd just try again and again until he'd find a way to reach his goal. He spent 20 freakin' YEARS breaking free from the dark hemisphere, returning as a bigger threat than Keldor ever had been! In the long run, he would've found a way to get rid of the Snake Men, the Evil Horde, and definitely the heroes as well, if He-Man wouldn't stand in his way.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I think it's clear to see that both King Hsss and Hordak are more powerful than Skeletor.
    But are they as smart as he is? No! And smarts always wins out!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Agreed. Skeletor is "Death Incarnate!" in my mind anyway. As a character icon he is DEATH, the LORD of destruction, the inevitable end of all!
    I really like the way Mark Taylor describes Skeletor as the embodiement of death and death is always stalking He-man.
    I'd love to have an Ultimate MOTU comic or something with Taylors visions restored!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I'd love to have an Ultimate MOTU comic or something with Taylors visions restored!
    That would be very cool!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Nothing would need to interfere with Mattel's plans for comics or movies.
    Just a one off miniseries based on Taylors concept.
    Which of course would need to be dark and violent!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com