Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What we would have gotten in Season 3 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lion-O View Post
    This makes me sad. So much potential for great epic story telling shot to Hell. What kind of world are we living in where the Simpsons can run for 2,000 years (long after it's ceased to be funny) but a good remake of He-Man & The Masters of the Universe can't catch a break?
    I know what you mean. It seems that generalized, dumbed down stuff, aimed at the masses always goes on and on. Very frustrating. There are some really lame cartoons out there and I wonder who is watching them and who is making that garbage in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Nothing would need to interfere with Mattel's plans for comics or movies.
    Just a one off miniseries based on Taylors concept.
    Which of course would need to be dark and violent!
    I don't feel the need for dakness and excessive violence in my MOTU but I've always thought having different canon's and media aimed at different age levels/tastes would really help get MOTU up and running again.

Heck, if there has to be a lame mass marketed CCG for us to have enough funds to get a mature readers comic, so be it

Thats all good ideas. but i still think that season three will just be a 3 way war between the snakemen ,skeletor and the masters.cause in season 2 it was more focus to the snakemen of course.

now that the intro to the snakemen is done now a true war can begin. but if you remember that both the well of darkness and hordaks sanctuary were destroyed. which means there are only 2-3 things that can open a dimensional portal. 1. the sorceress. 2. the oracle. 3. Gwildor and the cosmic key. but i think that hordak coming back will be something of the end of season 3 or the start of season 4 like what evil lyn and cobra khan did in last stand about making an alliance.

Man-at-arms would be a snake man for 1 or 2 seasons just to prolong that story and it gives more and more time to build the relationship with fisto and teela, though fisto would be her real father that information would never surface in the series except outside the show to the fans. in the end Duncan would always be teela's father. the only time teela would know the truth is when she becomes the next sorceress of greyskull. but mainly keep duncan out as more of an act of redemption for fisto to prove to his brother he is not a coward. and when duncan returns all hard feelings between them will be gone.

Faker would make an appearance now after the start of this large scale war. faker would be used as an infiltraitor at first then over time i could see skeletor using him against he-man and the snakemen.

also in season three we will see more introductions from the classic line like mentioned clamp champ. maybe even ninjor or jitsu. for the gun nuts. rio the snakeman hunter would make an appearance. Also in my personal opionion i think it would be a great time to bring in Granamyr. despite what the board knows of eternia. Granamyr is the oldest of all dragons on eternia lets say 10,000 years old? from the somewhat quiet icy volcano of darksmoke. Granamyr has amassed hordes of treasures and items from all of eternias past. one of which is the second stone of protection which is used in she-ra's sword. the stone itself allows the person to wield the stone to talk to any creature. which then TA DAH! granamyr can talk. Granamyr would tell the secrets of the snakemens magic and give clues on how to turn man-at-arms back.

just spliting the paragraph. also Chadzar,Azdar,Belzar make a return as there group has been taken over by a new alpha of the group. Megator. later on megator would kill them but obviously would not show them being kill but show off the various items they wore on large dirt mounds.

but thats my idea. i like what you guys had.
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

Untold stories in MYP?

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but: Assuming the next plot line in the MYP cartoon would have dealt with the Horde/Hordak, what would you have liked them to tackle next? Unresolved plot lines, etc... I would have loved to see them tie Eternia to Earth via Marlena the space woman. And, perhaps most of all, a rematch between Skeletor and Randor. Those guys have some serious issues to work out!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    It is still painful that MYP 200x never gone any further than season 2. its also sad that the MV comics stopped too.
    All the time I think of what would have happened if 200x had continued. I play it out in my mind all the time when thinking of time lines or how characters would have looked if they got the 200x treatment.

- Man-At-Arms captured and turned into a Snakeman for good – giving Snake Men a new weapons master.
    [*Ian later corrected, that it would only have lasted 3-5 episodes]

glad to know it would have been only 3-5 episodes. It would not be right if thats how he would always remain

- Clamp Champ would have been next Heroic Warrior introduced.
    yeah I predicted he would be the next master. next maybe Rio then Snout Spout, Extendar & Rotar when the Horde enter the fray

- Story about how Clawful would gain intelligence via some brain tampering from Tri-Klops and almost overthrow Skeletor.
    It annoyed me that Clawful was so stupid. I would have liked Whiplash & Trap-Jaw to be smarter too.

- More exploration of Fisto and Teela relationship.
    this was a fun tease at who is Teelas real father is. I really want M@A to be Teelas real father after all.

- Faker was going to play an important role in the season 2 cliffhanger.
    Been wondering how they would introduce Faker. I thought something like this when looking at the 80s mini comics. the MV comics had a twist with the hint of He-Man from another dimension were he was a tyrant & everything is the opposite (kind of like Bizzaro world were good guys are bad & bad guys are good).

- Horde Armour to He-Man would have been finalized.
    If they are going to have Snake Armor you know there was going to be Horde Armor. during the 200x time I was anticipating this.

- More exploration on how Marlena is Half-Gar.
    a bit of a surprise. it would have worked well... maybe. after all nothing was revealed that she came from Earth in the 200x. but I cant help but think it sounds like crap Marlena keeping a secret like that. wouldn't that have made Adam & Adora half gar too?

- More exploration of Keldor and Randor being brothers. Keldor being the first-born.
    yeah, I been wanting to see more of this. best thing about 200x in my opinion is giving Skeletor an origin. as a kid I would wonder why Skeletor had a blue body & a skull head.
    having Randor & Keldor be brothers added a lot of depth into their characters & to the story. I loved this

- Mekaneck's origin possibly told (what is in DVD bio).
    I been wanting origins to be told for all the characters. Mekaneck, Man-E-Faces, Rio, Fisto & others needed exploring. a few of the other characters were explained in the MV comics. like Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops, Mer-Man, Beastman & Stratos.

- Evil Lyn and Skeletor would take over Eternia; banish Randor to Despondos.
    I felt the disappearance of Randor was coming. this would have been fun to explore having He-Man on his own. would have been very epic.

- Evil-Lyn would succeed in freeing Hordak
    most people seen this coming. but did she have help? and why? did she have a falling out with Skeletor?

- Hordak would be an extreme threat to Eternia
    yeah, the build up was killer! he looked like a big threat. Skeletor & King Hissss was terrified of Hordak. King Grayskull lost his life in his battle with him & Hordak still survived. How would He-Man deal with Hordak?

- Prahvus would return and Hordak would recruit him.
    I loved Prahvus & desperately wanted to see more of him.

- Skeletor would have jaw-dropping battle with King Hiss.
    yeah, you know Skeletor was going to get more powerful & eventually defeat King Hissss or out smart him somehow.
    also I thought maybe Skeletor & King Hisss would join forces like in the mini 80s comic. join most likely because of Hordak being released on Eternia.

- Masters would become renegades with Horde over Eternia.
    I knew this would happen when Hordak was released.

- Skeletor would come back at end of season 3 and defeat Hordak.
    I thought if 200x continued either Skeletor gained great mastery of his magic & power & eventually defeats Hordak or He-Man & She-Ra team up to defeat Hordak. the She-Ra/He-Man team up was more what I was anticipating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    Thats all good ideas. but i still think that season three will just be a 3 way war between the snakemen ,skeletor and the masters.cause in season 2 it was more focus to the snakemen of course.

now that the intro to the snakemen is done now a true war can begin. but if you remember that both the well of darkness and hordaks sanctuary were destroyed. which means there are only 2-3 things that can open a dimensional portal. 1. the sorceress. 2. the oracle. 3. Gwildor and the cosmic key. but i think that hordak coming back will be something of the end of season 3 or the start of season 4 like what evil lyn and cobra khan did in last stand about making an alliance.

Man-at-arms would be a snake man for 1 or 2 seasons just to prolong that story and it gives more and more time to build the relationship with fisto and teela, though fisto would be her real father that information would never surface in the series except outside the show to the fans. in the end Duncan would always be teela's father. the only time teela would know the truth is when she becomes the next sorceress of greyskull. but mainly keep duncan out as more of an act of redemption for fisto to prove to his brother he is not a coward. and when duncan returns all hard feelings between them will be gone.

Faker would make an appearance now after the start of this large scale war. faker would be used as an infiltraitor at first then over time i could see skeletor using him against he-man and the snakemen.

also in season three we will see more introductions from the classic line like mentioned clamp champ. maybe even ninjor or jitsu. for the gun nuts. Rio the snakeman hunter would make an appearance. Also in my personal opionion i think it would be a great time to bring in Granamyr. despite what the board knows of eternia. Granamyr is the oldest of all dragons on eternia lets say 10,000 years old? from the somewhat quiet icy volcano of darksmoke. Granamyr has amassed hordes of treasures and items from all of eternias past. one of which is the second stone of protection which is used in she-ra's sword. the stone itself allows the person to wield the stone to talk to any creature. which then TA DAH! granamyr can talk. Granamyr would tell the secrets of the snakemens magic and give clues on how to turn man-at-arms back.

just spliting the paragraph. also Chadzar,Azdar,Belzar make a return as there group has been taken over by a new alpha of the group. Megator. later on megator would kill them but obviously would not show them being kill but show off the various items they wore on large dirt mounds.

but thats my idea. i like what you guys had.
    I like your ideas.
    the 3 giants being killed by Megator is a little dark & unnecessary. also Meg is from the past. but still something to think about. I do like him being the new alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    The thousands of years thing I have no idea about BUT in the Q and A, I believe it was stated that Randor would have ended up stranded in Despondos.

MAYBE in the recent past Adora ended up in Despondos (via that well thing Keldor threw his remaining acid into as a tribute or payment to Hordak as stated in the DVD's) and the the only way to get her back was for someone to take her place. So, Randor offers himself up as a trade, not realizing that A) Adora has been brainwashed and B) She is possesed by an ethereal Hordak who hitches a ride as a two for one deal (well one body for one deal
    I figured either Prahvus, Batros or Keldor would have kidnaped Adora & sent her to Despondos with Hordak. I also see either Prahvus or Batros helping Evil-Lyn free Hordak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    finds out that they had been married and had a child but he lost his memory.
    I thought it would be a great to the plot to reveal that in fact Teela is Duncan's real daughter & that Duncan was the soldier the Sorceress fell in love with. The Sorceress & Duncan had a real romance, but the council of eldor's would not have this so the Sorceress had to give her daughter & her lover up. to complicate things more Duncan had to loose all memory of this. very sad indeed.
    Last edited by kylun flac; January 21, 2013 at 10:37am.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior

Where Were They Going With Season 3?

Is there anywhere I can find some info on where the MYP Season 3 was headed before the cartoon got cancelled? I know the Horde was involved and She-Ra was on her way, but that's about it. It was such an awesome cartoon, story-wise.

Heroic Warrior
    I heard from a few sources that the Snakemen were back. They changed MAA to a Snake permanently, and he was gonna be a main bad guy for the series and create vehicles for the Snakemen. I dunno too much about the Horde's involvement though.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Is there anywhere I can find some info on where the MYP Season 3 was headed before the cartoon got cancelled? I know the Horde was involved and She-Ra was on her way, but that's about it. It was such an awesome cartoon, story-wise.
    Merged this thread so you can read all the answers in first post from producer Ian Richter himself.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey thanks! I did a search and turned up bupkis. Oops!

Some really cool stuff there! I'm drooling at the thought of a Horde-occupied Eternia and the Masters being rebels. I guess that was one of the things I really loved about the PoP 'toon and story. I'm really really depressed now thinking about how cool a Season 3 and possibly 4 of the 200x cartoon would have been. So sad!
    Last edited by DVD; March 12, 2013 at 04:39pm.

Hey Jukka, thanks for the Gary Hartle interview! Always interesting to read new info about the MYP cartoon. I feel the story of Marlena being half Gar is bit too much. Even with the blue skinned She-Ra. I like what Gary did for the cartoon but I am happy that this particular idea got shut down.

The MYP cartoon is fantastic. I even like the idea of Man-At-Arms turned into snakeman ... well maybe not for good but I would like to see him like that more than 3 - 5 episodes. Maybe one whole season or something like that. This would give Clamp Champ the opportunity to shine as a weapons master and new Man-At-Arms. Also one idea that the creators of the MYP cartoon followed (based on the Ian Richter interview) was to keep the fantasy and sci-fi elements equal in the episodes. MAA being a snakeman is a good opportunity how to provide the Snakemen technology and weapons. Otherwise they would be the only faction without technology and would not stand a chance. It is a pity the story did not continue ... There are not that many Snakemen characters and this would be nice addition. Also it would give tha Snakemen more variety as Man-At-Arms is lot different than the rest of the Snakemen. Am I the only one who likes the idea of MAA being a snakeman?

... and yes, Snakemen are my favorite faction.

Btw. I think the jawdropping fight of Skeletor vs. King Hsss Ian Richter mentioned was in the script of Episode 40. When you read the script you can find a note there that that is the ultimate battle of Skeletor and King Hsss.

Heroic Warrior
    nope , me too ! I'm a big fan of Snake MAA as a character per se, he really brings classic storyline into a new direction and I was totally surprised to see him in motuc

on the contrary I'm not really convinced about Marlena, she'll always be from an astronaut from Earth in my canon and an interesting link between our planet and Eternia !

anyway Richter had really good ideas and personally I'd have been glad to see Clamp Champ appear in S3 (or S4)

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    nope , me too ! I'm a big fan of Snake MAA as a character per se, he really brings classic storyline into a new direction and I was totally surprised to see him in motuc
    From what I have seen, the MYP cartoon definitely got the best out of the Snakemen -my favorite MOTU villain faction. It was a bit pity IMO that all the Snakemen were treated as almost being all the same. I wish there was bit more variety. Unfortunatelly the show was cancelled before Snakeface appeared in action again. All we know is that Mer-Man wanted to have him as a statue in his under-water domain. Also I think it was bit missed opportunity to make Tung Lashor the only Snakeman capable of breathing underwater as he is obviously amphibian. It would make him bit more special and there would be more variety in the Snakemen. In the episode 'Second Skin' all the Snakemen are capable of breathing underwater. Snake MAA would also add to the Snakemen variety and he would be the way to introduce technology to otherwise ancient Snakemen. Perfect way to introduce Blast Attack IMO ... of course Duncan would come back in the end and would not die. But I would totally like to see him as a Snakeman for one whole season as I wrote above - to let Clamp Champ shine a bit in his role as Man-At-Arms.

on the contrary I'm not really convinced about Marlena, she'll always be from an astronaut from Earth in my canon and an interesting link between our planet and Eternia !
    Yes, well I would not like her to be half-gar (as the director Garry Hartle proposed), so I am happy that this idea was rejected. But in the Global-Masters podcast interview Dean Stefan said that they planned to make an interesting reveal about Marlena. I found it very interesting that in the script of episode 'Of Machines and Men' it is suggested that she recognized Battle Cat to be Cringer. Maybe this is the way they wanted to go - Marlena would know Adam's secret - maybe? After all this was the case in the Filmation cartoon too - right?

anyway Richter had really good ideas and personally I'd have been glad to see Clamp Champ appear in S3 (or S4)
    Oh totally! Clam Champ would be great Man-At-Arms. Would be nice if he had different personality than Duncan. It would show that the same position of Man-At-Arms can be handled by persons with somewhat different approach.
    Also I wish they made Dekker Clamp Champ's father. I like Dekker a lot! I am sure they planned to use him again. His presence in the episodes would open new possibilities in telling the story.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; June 10, 2013 at 05:48pm.

Reading this all again just kills me. Uhh to think would could have been....I so wish they could some how do a staight to DVD set to get this out. It would have been so good!

Darn just finished watching the series to much sadness. So this is NEVER gonna happen right...?
    Long live the King

Quote Originally Posted by SKYWARPTNI View Post
    Reading this all again just kills me. Uhh to think would could have been....I so wish they could some how do a staight to DVD set to get this out. It would have been so good!
    Straight to DVD continuation is my dream too. But I think MYP studios do not exist anymore - unfortunatelly. Also Ian Richter is no longer at Mattel. Dean Stefan and Ian Richter were a great duo IMO. Also as a Snakemen fan I like Steven Melching's contribution - writing those fantastic Snakemen episodes. I like that there was a lots of team play when creating the cartoon. From the interviews and behind-the-scenes it looks like every writer could choose a topic they liked best - Larry Ditillio chose an Orko story, origin of Skeletor and explored Evil Lyn's character. But it looks like he does not like the Snakemen very much so I am happy that Snakemen were handled by another writer. Steven Melching did them justice IMO. Pity the cartoon got cut at its best. 'Awaken the Serpent' jut asks to be a three-parter. And how it continues with the Episode 40 script - very nice.

Imagine 'Princess of Power' and 'New Adventures' in the MYP style. Wow! I would totally want Jack Olesker to be part of the writers team for NA MYP season just like Larry Ditillio was part of the writers team for the first season of MYP cartoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supersonicshion View Post
    Darn just finished watching the series to much sadness. So this is NEVER gonna happen right...?
    I watch the cartoon almost every day - just for fun I even started to write my own scripts. I try to use the same approach as the MYP writers team. But I am sure I am not as good as them .
    Last edited by Sabretooth; June 29, 2013 at 04:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    From the interviews and behind-the-scenes it looks like every writer could choose a topic they liked best - Larry Ditillio chose an Orko story, origin of Skeletor and explored Evil Lyn's character.
    Larry DiTillio didn't choose an Orko-story. He applied to MYP to write for them and then he was assigned to do an Orko-story. (he's even joked about it that it was not something he expected) But he did explore Evil-Lyn a bit and created the Faceless One. And in my mind "Lessons" is one of the best episodes of the series.
    Also based on the Skeletor-origin starting in "Beginning" by Dean Stefan, Larry wrote "the second part" of the Origin. Though I'm not sure how much was based on Dean's notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Larry DiTillio didn't choose an Orko-story. He applied to MYP to write for them and then he was assigned to do an Orko-story. (he's even joked about it that it was not something he expected) But he did explore Evil-Lyn a bit and created the Faceless One. And in my mind "Lessons" is one of the best episodes of the series.
    Also based on the Skeletor-origin starting in "Beginning" by Dean Stefan, Larry wrote "the second part" of the Origin. Though I'm not sure how much was based on Dean's notes.
    ok, thanks for the correction. Of course I do not know all the details. The point was that they at least tried to let the writers to write the stories / themes they liked despite the fact that there was some pressure from Mattel to include the toy designs such as the Dragon Walkers, or He-Man with the samurai armor or the robotic armor
    (which btw. I can understand as the company wants the exposure of their products. The fact that even these turned out to be great episodes just shows the incredible skills of the writers and the whole team)

... I love this cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    The fact that even these turned out to be great episodes just shows the incredible skills of the writers and the whole team)
    The freelance writers did a great job and Dean Stefan overseeing them.

With the largest line of MOTU action figures currently being made, it would be a good time for them to put the team back together and pick up where they left off. Of coarse they could leave out the Queen Marlena / Gar thing. It would give Clamp Champ, Rio-Blast, Scare Glow, Ninjor, Rotar, Dragstor, Extendar, Mosquitor and many others a chance to be seen in cartoon form. Now would be the best time. Just a little dream of mine.
    Last edited by Clawful94; January 20, 2014 at 01:22am.

Can't they make this now?

We can all dream.