Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filmation heads for Skeletor & He-Man possible?

Heroic Warrior

Filmation heads for Skeletor & He-Man possible?

After getting the Alcala head, do you think, we`ll get Filmation heads from He-Man & Skeletor?

And would you want them?

Are stylized Filmation heads more acceptable than stylized MYP heads?

*opens can of worms, walks away*

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post

*opens can of worms, walks away*
    Yes, Filmation always beats MYP.

So you want detail less heads? No thanks.

Keep Filmation style out of MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    After getting the Alcala head, do you think, we`ll get Filmation heads from He-Man & Skeletor?
    Nope, TG already said they wouldn't do that in one of the Q&A's.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr View Post
    let the war begin

Heroic Warrior
    Style is different than design. They'll do stuff that's actually different as opposed to drawn with more detail.

While He-Man's Filmation head would not be any different, Skeletor had a longer hood that covered his neck, and his jaw wasn't directly connected to the rest of his skull. It's different enough compared to the MOTUC head.

I REALLY hope so since I want a Filmation styled He-Man head to happen more than ANYthing else in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by I, Harbinger View Post
    Yes, to Mattel, I believe they are more acceptable. I'd be nice to get MYP heads, too, however it makes sense that we have a better chance of getting Filmation ones because Mattel just put out what I imagine to be a great deal of effort and money to be able to put things from Filmation into Classics, whereas they're clearly trying to distance MYP from Classics.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Why would we need Filmation heads in this line? They would look realy off when on the bucks used for MOTUC. Now if they cancelled the MOTUC and did go with a Filmation line that would be good. but FIlmation heads for MOTUC? No!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Nope, TG already said they wouldn't do that in one of the Q&A's.
    What he said. New characters enough with the variants.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Where's the "like" button? Where's the +1? Where's the thumbs up?!

#BlindedByNostalgia.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I don't understand the 'We don't want filmation heads'.
    Hello, we ALREADY Have them. Adora is a spitting image of her filmation Self. So is the mustached head of Bow. Swiftwind is also a straight filmation sculpt.
    So is Shadow Weaver! And so is Orko. And Cringer!

So they HAVE to give us a Filmation He-man and Skeletor. It DOESN'T mean there will be less details. Look at Adora's hair. It's more detailed than filmation but it's the same hairstyle with the hooked bangs on both sides.

They could do a long haired He-man with a face sculpt reminding us of the Filmation look. It doesn't have to be naive and cartoony. Again, I think everyone was pleased with Bow, Swiftwind or Orko!

This is really a no-brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Hello, we ALREADY Have them. Adora is a spitting image of her filmation Self. So is the mustached head of Bow. Swiftwind is also a straight filmation sculpt.
    Those are filmation characters, so of course they'll look filmation. As they should. Much like MYP, filmation characters should look like their cartoon incarnations.

He-Man and Skeletor are done in the classic style based on their toys and artwork. That's what the line is about. There should never be filmation or MYP He-Man or Skeletor heads in this line imo.

I think that aside from Skeletor, 'straight' interpretations of Filmation heads would look horrible.

The present He-Man head is good enough. I would say that it's also better than the 200X He-Man head and yet would also pass as a 'detailed' Filmation head. The same goes with other human characters in the line such as Man-At-Arms, etc which are detailed enough yet still look like the Filmation characters.

That was the excellent thing about the earlier MOTUC figures - They grabbed elements from all eras in their sculpts making them true 'classics'. I wish they had continued with that direction for Snout Spout, Grizzlor and Clawful.
    Last edited by kup; October 10, 2011 at 10:05pm.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Uh, no. He-Man's hair is terrible in Filmation but great in MYP.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I have ZERO interest in Filmation versions of characters we could have gotten already.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Honestly Id rather have the filmation heman and skeletor heads than the
    toy versions. So whether people like it or not most likely they are coming sooner or later. Not to mention there are 5 or more filmation characters and even more myp ones that need to be made too.

filmation

Hordak
    Heman
    Skeletor
    Leech
    Randor

myp

Heman
    Skeletor
    Randor
    Marlena
    Sorceress
    Teela
    Orko
    Whiplash
    Clawful
    King Hiss
    General

So they HAVE to give us a Filmation He-man and Skeletor. It DOESN'T mean there will be less details. Look at Adora's hair. It's more detailed than filmation but it's the same hairstyle with the hooked bangs on both sides.

They could do a long haired He-man with a face sculpt reminding us of the Filmation look. It doesn't have to be naive and cartoony. Again, I think everyone was pleased with Bow, Swiftwind or Orko!

Perfect (as usual) !!!

I remember when you were one of the earlier members to post about that awful hole in She-Ra's forehead...
    Again you were perfect in your post !

I actually dislike Cringer and Orko because they are so FILMation.

They likely will make Filmation heads. Some of us just don't want them. I think the heads we've gotten for them are perfect. I want a cohesive style to the line.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I dont think i will ever get the desire for a filmation he-man, pretty much the same version we already have and have always had.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I guess I dont really understand what the difference would be between the Filmation and the current HM face that we have. Is there a toy reference, like photoshopped Filmation head so I can see what everyone means?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I guess I dont really understand what the difference would be between the Filmation and the current HM face that we have. Is there a toy reference, like photoshopped Filmation head so I can see what everyone means?
    Well, think of Adora! A filmation He-man would have longer hair and would not look asian. Something akin to the battle armor He-man staction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I think they should give the next He-Man and Skeletor variants Filmation inspired heads
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm as big a Filmation fan as can be and I honestly don't need Filmation inspired heads. I'm perfectly satisfied with the figures classic inspired heads.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!