Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

If they get to leech, what do guys want his head to look like? In the 80's he basicly had a disc where his mouth was which was due to the action feature. Now there won't be any action features...

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Neo; September 5, 2008 at 07:50am.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    If they get to leach, what do guys want his head to look like? In the 80's he basicly had a disc where his mouth was which was due to the action feature. Now there won't be any action features...

Any suggestions?
    He should look like this IMO:

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    TBH I'm pretty sure that the Staction Leech was very similar to the vintage version and were no drastic changes. Can the staction be converted to an action figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    TBH I'm pretty sure that the Staction Leech was very similar to the vintage version and were no drastic changes. Can the staction be converted to an action figure?
    I wish, but that probably won't happen...

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    What ever they do I can't wait to see him once he has been sculpted. Leech is da man... leech... thing.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Agree.
    I second that.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I don't care as long as he's adequately girthy. Leech is the only guy who should be an utter hulking behemoth.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

He should look like this:
    A Leech that looks like that would be amazing! Although, truthfully I think that's out of the realm of possibilities because it looks strikingly like the Filmation Leech in PoP.

Heroic Warrior
    not a fan of the huge lips, because then it looks like his power isn't suction, but kissing.

I'd say similar to the Staction would be a better compromise.

Yeah that looks pretty spot on to me.
    Nice combo of the toy and cartoon Leechs.
    A mouth like the original toy would look a bit silly in this line, and I didn't like the way the staction's teeth were protruding from his lips.

The new Leech should definitely be bulky, as he was one of the chunkiest of the original toys.

I bet he'll have...2 heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I bet he'll have...2 heads.
    That makes me wonder how many characters will actually get two heads.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I don't care as long as he's adequately girthy. Leech is the only guy who should be an utter hulking behemoth.
    Grizzlor too, according to his mini-comic.

Is Leech really supposed to be so big? In Filmation, he was normal sized. The original toy had him pretty wide because of his action feature. And his mini-comic had him as a huge sea monster. MYP had him as a big dude. I don't own his staction, so I have no idea how big 200X Leech is supposed to be.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; September 5, 2008 at 09:51am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Mike Bock:

DEFINITELY like that. If they're making these bad boys without action features, this model would be perfect.
    chikarapro.com Loco Lucha Libre!!!

Heroic Warrior
    the Staction Leech didn't either, and I like what the 4HM did with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    That makes me wonder how many characters will actually get two heads.
    I can't stand the thought of several figures having multiple heads. That seems ridiculous to me. I think they should create one design and stick to that, instead of producing interchangeable body parts to appease every person. They should create variants to be sold at the same time if people want the different versions of each character.

I still think it's ludicrous that there are no action features on the upcoming action figures. So, not only will we have "snap-on" action features being suggested, but multiple heads too. It'll be like a big pile of Moduloks.

These things don't make me feel as if I'll be collecting real action figures, but "build-a-staction" figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    These things don't make me feel as if I'll be collecting real action figures, but "build-a-staction" figures.
    Weird, because interchangeable parts on action figures have been around for a long time and are considered by many a welcome bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Weird, because interchangeable parts on action figures have been around for a long time and are considered by many a welcome bonus.
    The Street Fighter line by Resaurus works this way and fans seem to like it. The figures usually come with two different heads so you get alternate expressions and also come with differently posed hands. Some figures also have snap on parts that simulate a special attack - for examle, Ryu has a clear blue "swoosh" that attaches to his fist so it looks like he is throwing his famous "dragon punch".

It is kind of a pain to keep up with all the parts but it does up the play value quite a bit. Withe the MOTUC I don't mind the additional peices because once I "build" the figure to my liking, the alternate parts will just go into storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
    It is kind of a pain to keep up with all the parts but it does up the play value quite a bit. Withe the MOTUC I don't mind the additional peices because once I "build" the figure to my liking, the alternate parts will just go into storage.
    Thats exactly what I do.

And Darkwolf you avatar is awesome. Is that a custom? And do you have any more pics? From what I can see its an incredible fig.
    This is me wishing Mattel didn't hate me.

Quote Originally Posted by the doctor View Post
    Darkwolf you avatar is awesome. Is that a custom? And do you have any more pics? From what I can see its an incredible fig.
    Thanks - and yes it is a personal custom of the character Darkwolf from the animated film, "Fire and Ice". I've been a huge fan of the film, since the 80's. It's sort of like Filmation MOTU for adults -which as a kid, made it unbearably cool. More pics of the Darkwolf figure can be viewed here: http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto...e.php?FID=7604

Heroic Warrior
    One like this would be great.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
    The Street Fighter line by Resaurus works this way and fans seem to like it. The figures usually come with two different heads so you get alternate expressions and also come with differently posed hands. Some figures also have snap on parts that simulate a special attack - for examle, Ryu has a clear blue "swoosh" that attaches to his fist so it looks like he is throwing his famous "dragon punch".

I thought of Street Fighter too when Mer-Man and Man-At-Arms were announced with multiple heads. I thought a second pair of hands would be awesome as well, so you could have them look all 80's toy like, or make it so they can actually hold all their weapons.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I can't stand the thought of several figures having multiple heads. That seems ridiculous to me. I think they should create one design and stick to that, instead of producing interchangeable body parts to appease every person. They should create variants to be sold at the same time if people want the different versions of each character.
    Cost-effectiveness is something that I'm very mindful of this time around, mainly because it means that there's a chance more MOTUC characters can be made.

As a PoP fan this may seem pretty biased, but I think PoP figures are the best candidates for an extra head with rooted hair. I say this because, on one hand, millions of dollars were spent in the 80s marketing them with the rooted hair, for girls, but then on the other, a lot of fans will only settle for sculpted hair. Including an additional rooted head would maybe help to bring in more collectors who are nostalgic over the classic line. Plus, it would solve any problems with head movement due to the sculpted hair. Perfect scenario for the extra head.

Mer-Man is another scenario that I think was deserving of an extra head, as the version on the back of the cardback was obviously very different than the final result.

So my view on the inclusion of an extra head is this:

Only give a character an extra head if it makes sense. Don't waste resources on molding extra heads with minor differences/variations, when they can be channeled into something else.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Well said Tallstar.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah