Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

His head will definitely NOT look like the 80's version. If it does, the 80's head would be an EXTRA to the better one in which he actually has a FACE.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Leech is actually a pretty tricky case since his actual figure head was so limited by the need to have that big cup be tight enough to create a vacum. His cardback art ALSO depicted him with that head, and isn't any help either. So really, what we have to fall back on here is the style guide head or mining for some more obscure mini-comics look.

I'm kind of antsy to see how they do Leech, really.

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I actually really liked the 200x head.
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

The Horsemen will make it work!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    If we get a flat mouth with tampo'd cartoon teeth, that will be horrible.

If we can't get two heads, I want one head with as much 200x hybrid-izing as possible.

I'm hoping they make 2 sets of hands for him. Regular and the suction cupped ones.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

I see him being relesed with 2 heads. One of them having his mouth open, and a 2nd one with his mouth closed. If that's the case, IMHO they'll be mainlly based on the original, perhaps with some minor 200x details.
    The decision on cutting the MYP based alternate heads, doesn't bother me at all, becasuse i'm mainly a classic fan. Of course I like the MYP series, and I support the release of characters from that era, like Marzo, but so far I I've seen no real utillity, on those heads. Take Whiplash as an example, How many of you are choosing the 200X head instead of the classic one?

You know, maybe Leech would be a good candidate for an alternate faceplate. One vintage, one 200X. The same could almost be said for Kahn, one open mouth one closed.

I mean sure this feature was obviously designed for MEF and they're using it on Grizzlor (even though now without the second plate it makes no sense) there has to be more figures they'd use this design for. Conceptually they could use it for Double Trouble, but it wouldn't really count because it's for the female buck.
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

The style guide would be perfect. But I also think the 4Hm could do well enough using his look from this mini-comic cover alone; couple that with his other looks availble, and I'm sure the 4hm will do him justice!

If there are two heads, it would be cool if the "classic" head could recreate the suction-feature by fitting it wholly into the head. I'd imagine they could, so long as the head is big enough (it will undoubtedly be bigger than the standard heads.)
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    The style guide would be perfect. But I also think the 4Hm could do well enough using his look from this mini-comic cover alone; couple that with his other looks availble, and I'm sure the 4hm will do him justice!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...e0112_full.jpg

If there are two heads, it would be cool if the "classic" head could recreate the suction-feature by fitting it wholly into the head. I'd imagine they could, so long as the head is big enough (it will undoubtedly be bigger than the standard heads.)
    So basically no matter what they do with Leech, there will be a high probability he will in fact "Suck".

*** Please be sure to remove images when quoting a post, thank you! ***
    "I will not rest until the last Autobot is crushed to nothing and Decepticons rule!"
    Clench: Decepticon Syndicate Director

Demonicfirefly: Is a pleasure to do business with.

Heroic Warrior
    I think, he will get a new designed head with influence of 200x.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Dire View Post
    So basically no matter what they do with Leech, there will be a high probability he will in fact "Suck".
    He will undoubtedly suck, regardless!

Here's a cool Filmation-looking image of him if they can use it...

And here's his Filmation look...

– No comment.

And 200X staction, which isn't that different

Just less lips
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; August 16, 2010 at 05:39pm.

I agree that the style guide head would be perfect.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

More teeth, over less teeth/big lips IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mike bock View Post
    he should look like this imo:
    exactally! The big lipped creature head. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    I'm hoping they make 2 sets of hands for him. Regular and the suction cupped ones.
    Agreed. They could produce it with the switchable hands like roboto & Trapjaw.

Mind you, I actually dont really want suction cups. I always loved the action features, but I always wanted figures to have a definative non action feature look, which works great in this line.

But again, I like nods to the action features as aditions. LIke Mekanek's neck is going to work.
    Last edited by baronterror; August 16, 2010 at 05:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The amazing Steph did this concept for Leech and I think it represents a masterful blend of both vintage and modern aspects.

PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I don't care as long as he's adequately girthy. Leech is the only guy who should be an utter hulking behemoth.
    Anybody else think that since his vintage figure was "wider" that the MOTUC will be...and probably use the buck they're going to make for Ram Man? It would give them a reason to use a "bulkier" buck for the reusability factor.

I'd much prefer they take cues from the staction with the "suction lips" inside his mouth which is surrounded by teeth rather than just having giant lips.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the "crocodile-like" teeth...they should be sharp and be "IN" his mouth...not outside his mouth.

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    The amazing Steph did this concept for Leech and I think it represents a masterful blend of both vintage and modern aspects.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...on13/leech.jpg
    That looks awesome
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Anybody else think that since his vintage figure was "wider" that the MOTUC will be...and probably use the buck they're going to make for Ram Man? It would give them a reason to use a "bulkier" buck for the reusability factor.
    It would be really cool if they could make a "wide" buck that they could finagle some vintage "big" characters out of. Going with examples like Optikk, it may be possible to make a buck that you can cover with armor to make both Ram-Man and Leech.

I'd like it as close to the style guide as possible:

It's pretty close to the Filmation look without stepping into the Filmation rights territory

I was never a fan of the 200x staction. Far too bulky and I didn't like the teeth and the bent over head. Leech was the only Horde staction I skipped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    I was never a fan of the 200x staction. Far too bulky and I didn't like the teeth and the bent over head. Leech was the only Horde staction I skipped.
    Funny, that's one of the best Stactions as far as I'm concerned.

It's been awhile since anyone has posted in this thread..

I was wondering what two weapons he would come with.. a crossbow and.....?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    This is one instance where I definitely want them to rework the head a bit away from the style guide head. The lips are way too big, and the overall look is just a bit too "cartoony" for me. The staction head is just down right creepy and threatening, and that's how I want all of my Horde figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    This is one instance where I definitely want them to rework the head a bit away from the style guide head. The lips are way too big, and the overall look is just a bit too "cartoony" for me. The staction head is just down right creepy and threatening, and that's how I want all of my Horde figures.
    Yea, if they put the vintage head of Leech on his MOTUC figure it'd look goofy.. and I doubt Mattel would do such a thing..... err.. wait... I forgot about Clawful