Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    The amazing Steph did this concept for Leech and I think it represents a masterful blend of both vintage and modern aspects.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...on13/leech.jpg
    Love that concept and I would love a similar MOTUC Leech or also one like this FAB custom.

Leech has a great colour scheme and the filmation colour stands out a mile rather than the dark green vintage one.

What do you think of this?

More Staction, less Vintage toy head for Leech, please!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    More Staction, less Vintage toy head for Leech, please!
    Judging by the latest batch I wouldn't hold your breath for that.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I know it won't happen... but I'll take ANYTHING over the Vintage Toy head...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I don't like the Filmation colors at all, way too muted and pastel. I loved Leech being a dark green.

I also don't care for the 2002 design because it looks too much like a dinosaur or a reptile and not like an actual leech mouth/head at all. Doesn't look unique at all for Leech.

The vintage figure actually looks like an actual leech's mouth. I'm not going to gross anybody out by posting a pic, but look online at pics of leech or lamprey heads...they look like the vintage Leech's face. I hope the 4H can base the sculpt on the vintage toy, but improve it by making it 3 dimensional with nasty teeth inside. Honestly, if you aren't bothered by nasty stuff, check out pics of lampreys or leeches....that is how Leech should look and it is downright nasty and creepy.
    Last edited by DarthBrett; February 20, 2011 at 08:42pm.

I think we'll get a second head for this one for sure because the toy head looks too out there for today's standards for a single look. I can see them sorta sculpting a second head based on the 200x design.

I don't know how worried they are about making Horde members look goofy as Grizzlor's ferbie head attests. Unless one head comes with a sucker cup like the toy and another is the Style Guide, I don't think they will give Leech a second head, much less a 200X inspired one. I think we just have to hope they will do a good job within Mattel's restrictions.

Yeah, he needs to be dark green. And I don't mind a vintage inspired head as long as the proportions are straightened out and the ring is removed. Very interested to see how it looks. I could swear i remember TG saying something about leech getting a second head but I dont remember where and it may just be wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Analog Jote View Post
    Figured I raise this old thread instead of starting a new one. I'm for Staction Leech, he looks perfect, like he'd fit right in with MOTUC. He just needs to be fully articulated, but that's basically how I want them to do him.

Check out the custom paint job by fellow orger He-Boy. Is perfect: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=175091
    Cool! Thanks for the nod. Iíll have to re-load the pics because itís looks like I might have taken them down. The main reason for the repaint was because he was too much of the same green. I thought that giving him black armor broke things up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I can't stand the thought of several figures having multiple heads. That seems ridiculous to me. I think they should create one design and stick to that, instead of producing interchangeable body parts to appease every person. They should create variants to be sold at the same time if people want the different versions of each character...
    Interesting. What if the first version they release is NOT the one you want and you have a subscription. Are you happy to pay $40 to have the version you want?

The funny thing is that the system currently in place suits you perfectly. If you only want one look, throw the other parts in the bin. I can understand people being bothered by not receiving pieces they would like, but I donít often read about people being negatively affected because they were given too much choice.

I just think he'll get a "modern head" like Mossman got a "modern head" and not a 200x one.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
    Love that concept and I would love a similar MOTUC Leech or also one like this FAB custom.

Leech has a great colour scheme and the filmation colour stands out a mile rather than the dark green vintage one.

What do you think of this?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3051/...fa34b61f6a.jpg

HATE the color of the one on the left. Speaking as a color blind person... I want the green to be a 'REAL' green like the one on the right. Paint the armor all you want, but keep the skin green.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Interesting. What if the first version they release is NOT the one you want and you have a subscription. Are you happy to pay $40 to have the version you want?

The funny thing is that the system currently in place suits you perfectly. If you only want one look, throw the other parts in the bin. I can understand people being bothered by not receiving pieces they would like, but I donít often read about people being negatively affected because they were given too much choice.
    Ironically that's the first thing I thought when I read that... With all the 200x vs Vintage debates going on... WHO gets to decide the 'one true head'...

ALTHOUGH... I DO believe the interchangable heads are a BAD idea. Structrually speaking...

First thing I thought when I saw the Pixel Dan review of King Hiss and the 'bobble head' problems... was 'What do you expect?!? You pop the heads off and now their loose!!!"

I'm not sure how peices can be designed to be removable... AND stay sturdy... I'm sure if the heads were firmly attached then a lot of THOSE problems would be resolved... THe knees,.. I have no answer for those

You do realize almost all ( original KG being the exception) of the standard MOTUC are designed to have their heads pop right off?

Although the staction was amazing, I don't think I want an all-green Leech.

I updated my custom pics. Click on Leech's picture to go there:

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Unless one head comes with a sucker cup like the toy and another is the Style Guide, I don't think they will give Leech a second head, much less a 200X inspired one. I think we just have to hope they will do a good job within Mattel's restrictions.
    Well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Leech would be a great character to get a second head since his original head was an "action feature" and I think doing both would be keen.
    I do see it being styleguide rather than 200X, though (which, looking at the statue, would not be a bad thing...)

I would prefer the darker green for Leech too. I had him as a kid and he was a favorite, despite the lack of articulation he had. I just never liked the pale bluish-green cartoon color scheme, the darker one just seems more suitable for a swamp-lurking monster.

See, second head.

I'm afraid of what they'll do with Leech after seeing Clawful's ONLY head

Heroic Warrior
    Since there won't be any action feature, I really don't see the need for Leech to have the 80's style "suction cup" head !

This is a figure for which the 4 Horsemen really have to dig some "200x influence" for Leech's head and face. It would look much better, and it would probably make the fans happier, given the opinions expressed so far. If Leech comes with 2 heads, that's great, but I have a feeling that's not what we'll get...

Don't get me wrong, I really like the 80's figure with its action feature and all, but there really is no way an 80's head only is going to please me with MOTUC.

Leech's head MUST be able to be turned left and right, and needs some articulation (just stating the obvious and saying this because, looking at Hssss's snake form, I guess it's useful to remind Mattel so they don't "forget" the important stuff ).

His colour scheme should be (and will certainly be) the vintage colours, maybe with some 200x influence mixed in there. I'd be very surprised to see the Filmation colour scheme, but if that's what we'd get, then it would definitely mean that Mattel really has bought the Filmation rights.

He should come with his crossbow, and the crossbow should be able to clip nice and tight on Leech's arm. If the Horsemen give him a surprise accessory, it will make him all the more interesting.

Of course, Leech's torso should be a bit wider (or stockier or "fatter") than the usual buck, but probably not as fat as the 80's version. The 200x torso looked pretty cool, in my opinion, and should be used as a base (of course, we'd get no 200x details, and the torso should be straighter than the 200x version).

It would be cool if Leech would get the ab crunch, so we can make him lean over his opponent, ready to suck his enemy's energy (I said his energy... now, don't go imagine obscene things there ) !
    Last edited by Prahvus; February 21, 2011 at 04:41pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well...

I do see it being styleguide rather than 200X, though (which, looking at the statue, would not be a bad thing...)
    Well What? Your quote confirms exactly what I said. We're sure to get the fat lips and likely to get the silly sucker mouth before we'd ever get a head based on the staction head. Obviously that'll make some people happy at least, but in many of our eyes, not being like the statue is a bad thing.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    neca ministatue is probably the best interpretation of this character, and it's clearly inspired by the styleguide, so i'm confident it will look like a good compromise of them, eventually.

i think he deserves to have articulated wrist (ŗ la bow), for a better simulation of his power.

for the "share parts or die" rule, i like the idea of him sharing a bulkier buck with ram man, and, hypotetically, using detachable suction cups, he could even share hands and feet with tongue lashor (well, maybe this could more expensive than unique tooling...).

Quote Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
    I'm afraid of what they'll do with Leech after seeing Clawful's ONLY head
    Me too. They really dropped the ball with Clawful. Why doesn't Mattel try giving the fans what they want for a while instead of just giving Mattel what it wants?

Clawful was in desperate need of two heads. Desperate.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I like Clawful exactly as he is, actually. I'm sure Leech will look good, and there's been some talk previously of him getting a Vintage style and a "Modern" head.

Personally, I don't like how Leech looked in POP, but if we get that and a (better) different head, I'll use the one and not the other.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    April 1st, 2011. Leech has made it to Classics!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar ē 200X Prince Adam ē 200X Sorceress ē Evilseed (MYP)

Any info on what month Leech will be? I'm assuming Hurricane Hordak is a bonus figure.

EDIT: Well I see after I made the post, Leech is the September figure.
    Last edited by J_Man; April 1, 2011 at 06:17pm. Reason: Saw the answer to my question
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    There needs to be an alternate (less goofy) head for Leech ASAP!

*raises fist*

Who's with me!?
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!