Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

His design is close to the mini comic iteration, which is fine by me. The mouth is different, but the figure does bear a striking similarity. He was also much less bulky in the comic, which I actually preferred to the fat slug we got in the vintage toy.

Overall, I really like this figure. He is going to be one of my favourites, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    These threads are so depressing these days, but I think Leech looks awesome.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...8/img_0186.jpg
    http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...8/img_0189.jpg
    I just saw the full review. I love those 2 pics in particular. The MTV Geek thread seems to have disappeared (?), so it might as well get posted in here.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/08/25/...m-your-wallet/

Leech looks very cool.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    He was also much less bulky in the comic, which I actually preferred to the fat slug we got in the vintage toy.

[url]http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp161/neal1972/Page01.jpg[/url
    i really wish they had used the standard buck for him, then the proportions would be fine & his armor would be removable.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    I have to get leech becuase he is another figure of the horde, but he looks like crap IMO.

I don't like the fact his head is so big and his mouth is wide open all the time...since they used this head...it should open and close at least (of course, it may...I don't know...but it should).

His body is too skiny...but amphibians should be skinny...so the head is the problem IMO...!!!

The picture on Matty also makes his left arm look more like a foot...I don't know...but I hate this figure. I will buy it though to complete my horde collection.
    Last edited by Eternianghost; September 12, 2011 at 02:07am.

Question about Leech's hands and feet

Please move this to another thread if i'm asking outside of where i should be asking... but... i gotta ask:

Just opened my Classics Leech today and i noticed that both his hands are one same mold, and both his feet are one same mold.

As in... if this were to happen in a human character, it would have two left hands and two left feet (or 2 right feet + 2 right hands).

With Leech, his hands and feet being symmetrical in design, and his body using a unique, one-time-use only new torso, maybe Mattel chose to save costs by using one mold for both hands and one mold for both feet.

OR...

i fear that i might have gotten a defective Leech.

Notice the small bumps and wrinkles on his hands and feet. Do they match on both limbs in the figure you have?

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Mine are the same. I asked a friend since I was wondering the same thing, and his were as well. The disks on the bottom of the feet are different, or at least spun around so that the holes match up.

Told you all that Leech was a botch job to save on costs. Now do you belive me?

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    Just opened my Classics Leech today and i noticed that both his hands are one same mold, and both his feet are one same mold.

OR...

i fear that i might have gotten a defective Leech.

Notice the small bumps and wrinkles on his hands and feet. Do they match on both limbs in the figure you have?

I have several Leech figures and all of them have the same hands. It's intentional.

/I'm fine with it by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    No. I think he's pretty great, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    Thanks for your replies guys.
    I'm okay with these same-mold hands and feet since they are pretty much symmetrical, only real difference it makes is in the angle of the wrist-disk where the hand meets the wrist.

The angle of this articulation is not vertical to the "axis" of the forearm, but is slightly angled. Therefore, when places in an "idle position" Leech's right hand is slightly angled forward and his left hand is slightly backward.

I think if they obviously took care in making the hands symmetrical so that they could use only one mold, they should have made sure that the articulation angles were the same.

But this is not a deal breaker IMO.
    The deal breaker for me is that horrible face: eyes and teeth should have been smaller, mouth way less open, and his stupid Goofy upper lips... i mean literally they look like the lips on Disney's Goofy.

Also i wouldn't have minded his body being a bit thicker from the side. Give him more volume and mass... he has a hollow torso after all.

Leech is no more a cost-cutting botch job than any other figure in this line. It's just that some end up looking better than others.

All in all Leech is waaay much better in person than what i expected. Which is better than the disappointment that for me was, say, Bikini Teela.
    Last edited by JOXE; October 11, 2011 at 12:09pm.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Goofy doesn't have an upper lip-technically it's a snout.

Leech is fantasmo to me.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I like Leech too. I think they did him perfectly. Although I'm pretty easy to please.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Is it me or does his crossbow look asymmetrical?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Check out my craptacular Photoshops of changes that would've gone a long way by me (AKA convinced me to buy Leech):

I like the idea behind that last one; pretty cool.

And dude, your photoshop jobs are never craptacular. I've always dug them.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

I think Leech--like Chief Carnivus--is one of those figures you have to get in hand to get a fair impression of. I wasn't blow away by the photos either, but he's so damn fun in person!

A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/