Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Guys I did another Leech comparison....this time with himself scales and here you can see the entire figure, not only the head....

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Slippery slope. HasTak are (so far) notoriously lenient about that sort of thing, Mattel is not. Anyone trying to sell 3rd party accessories of Mattel IP would likely find themselves sued into bankrupcy by Mattel's extremely vigilant legal team.
    That's too bad as this line could seriously benefit from such accessories.

Slippery slope. HasTak are (so far) notoriously lenient about that sort of thing, Mattel is not. Anyone trying to sell 3rd party accessories of Mattel IP would likely find themselves sued into bankrupcy by Mattel's extremely vigilant legal team.
    But there are groups already selling third party accessories and nothing has happened to them yet.
    While I agree characters heads may be a too blatant IP rights violation, I would hate Mattel going after people creating weapons and accessories compatible with their figures.

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    Guys I did another Leech comparison....this time with himself scales and here you can see the entire figure, not only the head....

http://gi85.photobucket.com/groups/k...mparison-2.jpg
    That look very nice and more "on model" with the image of Leech we're more familiar with, great job Ale!
    Of course that would probably mean no head articulation, as it would end up being a solid piece.
    I guess the 4H wanted to have the neck articulation. But we can always hope for a Filmation accurate head down the road
    Last edited by Emiliano; April 3, 2011 at 08:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    But there are groups already selling third party accessories and nothing has happened to them yet.
    While I agree characters heads may be a too blatant IP rights violation, I would hate Mattel going after people creating weapons and accessories compatible with their figures.

That look very nice and more "on model" with the image of Leech we're more familiar with, great job Ale!
    Of course that would probably mean no head articulation, as it would end up being a solid piece.
    I guess the 4H wanted to have the neck articulation. But we can always hope for a Filmation accurate head down the road
    Thanks Emi,
    I disagree about my idea compromise head/neck articulation, if they do the upper part of the neck like the hair of Adora he will have the same actual articulation.... see the red line on my picture...

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Movement would still be very limited, but hey, I woulnd't mind at all!
    To have that look, I could do without the articulation whatsoever

http://gi85.photobucket.com/groups/k...mparison-2.jpg
    THAT makes the head work.

Adding a Merman-style neck-bulker to look like that would make Leech instantly awesome in my eyes.

Well done!

P.S. It'd also be nice if Mattel could alter the crotch piece so Leech could crouch a little.

Movement would still be very limited, but hey, I woulnd't mind at all!
    To have that look, I could do without the articulation whatsoever

... I could do without head articulation, but in this way he doesn't miss totally the movement, he don't will have less movement than King Grayskull, Adora, She-Ra and Keldor...

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I would prefer a closeable mouth. The head is made from 2parts anyway.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    He just looks friendly and smiling.

Leech doesn't have to look like a humanoid leech, but he has to look threatening and dangerous.

The Staction seemed to me to take a couple of cues from more visceral designs like Flukeman from The X-Files (which incidentally had a figure sculpted by Chris Dahlberg who also sculpted the Leech Staction) instead of something that could be a chompy-chompy character from a Mario game.

I just got an answer regarding my photohoped pic from gentleman Hour Horsemen on fb:

You're seeing it from a bad angle in that photo, but we had to do the neck area the way we did so it wouldn't.
    Hinder movement of the head. Also, it looks as if they may not have the head pushed all the way down on that prototype.
    Badly posed there as well... Looks MUCH cooler in person.
    So lets hope to see correct pics of the head, from now I as they saying we can just imagine this:

Last edited by AlessandraF; April 3, 2011 at 11:22am.

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

To be perfectly clear, I was responding to the post about 3rd party companies making Filmation-accurate (or staction-accurate or whatever) heads and such for MOTUC. If they started offering heads directly based on designs owned by Mattel or Classic Media I don't know if Mattel would allow it. For example, if a 3rd party designer started manufacturing and selling a Filmation-accurate power sword in scale for MOTUC, would they be allowed to?

The context is that there are currently a large group of 3rd party designers who create "cartoon-accurate" add-ons for Transformers. Heads, weapons, etcetera. HasTak has yet to take any action against them... but you never know.

I just got an answer regarding my photohoped pic from gentleman Hour Horsemen on fb:
    I like that edit. Not sure how much the neck frill would limit movement, if at all, but it looks nice.
    Last edited by Sandman; April 3, 2011 at 11:24am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    The Staction seemed to me to take a couple of cues from more visceral designs like Flukeman from The X-Files (which incidentally had a figure sculpted by Chris Dahlberg who also sculpted the Leech Staction) instead of something that could be a chompy-chompy character from a Mario game.
    That's what he looks like! King Koopa!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar

So lets hope to see correct pics of the head, from now I as they saying we can just imagine this:
    Thanks Alessandra. From what we saw on the video that Judeh took that must be the case. Scott said he couldn't move Leech around too much because the head would fall off. That proves they must not have had him assembled correctly at the show.

I was thinking the other day about their fan appreciation tour. Maybe they should have tried to schedule one of the Horseman at the cons as well. I know they are busy guys, but I think their presence can help with things like this, making sure the prototypes are assembled correctly, putting the figures in better poses, and biggest of all would be to answer questions and greet their fans.

He does look better sitting lower on the shoulders. I'll try and reserve judgement until I have him in hand at this point.
    Last edited by Mr_Yuck; April 3, 2011 at 12:12pm.

To be perfectly clear, I was responding to the post about 3rd party companies making Filmation-accurate (or staction-accurate or whatever) heads and such for MOTUC. If they started offering heads directly based on designs owned by Mattel or Classic Media I don't know if Mattel would allow it. For example, if a 3rd party designer started manufacturing and selling a Filmation-accurate power sword in scale for MOTUC, would they be allowed to?

The context is that there are currently a large group of 3rd party designers who create "cartoon-accurate" add-ons for Transformers. Heads, weapons, etcetera. HasTak has yet to take any action against them... but you never know.
    Yeah, that what I meant too

Wow, I'm a hardcore 200X'er, but this Leech is seriously one of the best looking figs in the entire line thus far. I see what people are saying about how the head looks, as far as how it's attached to the neck/body, but I seriously don't mind.

This was was an A+ score for me. BRING ON LEECH!!
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

I'd be totally fine with the limited or no head articulation if we got the head/neck like on AlessandraF's picture.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Leech's Net Accessory

I love it...but now it just makes me want more!

I want something similar for Webstor!!!

Who's with me?

Leech - New "Beefy" Buck?

Leech looks like he has a whole new torso buck. His waist is clearly wider when compared to the figures next to him, and his legs look a little farther apart as well. The new ab section, which looks like it could be used for a lot of different characters, doesn't seem to join up with the upper torso section like the other figures. It too looks wider and bulkier.

The abs' themselves are very symmetrical, almost scaly like they're also intended for a snake man.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: well, that pic was waaay too big. I guess there are enough out there for you guys to get the picture.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Yes, I've been asking that very same thing since I saw it! Made a post in the Ram Man thread about that being the new buck, and I think the sculpted abs make it a clear candidate for Extendar, too!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'd be totally fine with the limited or no head articulation if we got the head/neck like on AlessandraF's picture.
    Me too but now I am happy to know that originally the head should be positioned lower down and no will be there a space among shoulder and head!
    Now I'm just curious to know his REAL NAME.... Lssssslchup!

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Me too but now I am happy to know that originally the head should be positioned lower down and no will be there a space among shoulder and head!
    "Robert Schlurp" is my guess. He just looked like a Robert to us.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    how much dose he need to turn his head anyway?

Norm is his name. It's on Leechpedia.

Dang i was out of pocket since Thursday (I was out in the field training with my unit) and I AM SO SHOCKED TO SEE LEECH!!! He was my total favorite toy when i was a kid. so far I am liking what i see. I would rather prefer the thicker neck but hey i dont mind it too much. Hell if i dont mind the muppet eybrows on Clawful (my 2nd fav He-man toy) then i wont mind that.

Woooo i cant wait to have Leech in hand!! (yes im totally excited! lol)
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm with you! Design over articulation...