Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    Me too but now I am happy to know that originally the head should be positioned lower down and no will be there a space among shoulder and head!
    Now I'm just curious to know his REAL NAME.... Lssssslchup!
    Absolutely ecstatic about good ol' leech! he looks 90% accurate to the staction, and it almost uses 85% of new tooling. While I favor looks over articulation, I'll take this guy anytime....JUST DON"T MESS ANYTHING PLEASE! (I.E reversed something, etc) now bring on MANTENNA!! As for leech's real name...hmm SLURP-OR!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Knight View Post
    Absolutely ecstatic about good ol' leech! he looks 90% accurate to the staction, and it almost uses 85% of new tooling. While I favor looks over articulation, I'll take this guy anytime....JUST DON"T MESS ANYTHING PLEASE! (I.E reversed something, etc) now bring on MANTENNA!! As for leech's real name...hmm SLURP-OR!
    What's the bet they reverse the hands and feet. Not just top to bottom, but right to left?

Just to **** with us. Dang! I'm giving them ideas!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Thanks for posting the pick with his head lowered to more of what the 4 horsemen said it should be AlesandraF. I can't believe how much better that looks.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Was off at the Joe con for a few days, then nursing the cold I picked up there, so I'm a bit late to the party here.

Very surprised at the reveal of Leech; given Hiss had so much new tooling, I wasn't expecting another figure in the same vein so quickly. I think they did a great job on him, taking the painted detail on the old suction cup mouth and translating it into a three dimensional horror. I really love the 50's monster movie vibe I get from him, which seems very appropriate to the Horde concepts (just like Hordikin's Nosferatu feel).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    I'm concerned that he has limited articulation at the hips like King Hssss & I come into this thread & people are asking for less head articulation.

If you want a statue, buy a statue.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    I'm concerned that he has limited articulation at the hips like King Hssss & I come into this thread & people are asking for less head articulation.

If you want a statue, buy a statue.
    I agree that hip articulation needs to be re-prioritised during figure design.

Hssss not being able to sit down is WRONG, and now Leech (seemlingly) wont be able to bend his legs either, is just a spit in the face of what the Classics line was supposed to be.

Where do you guys see the flawed hips?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    I agree that hip articulation needs to be re-prioritised during figure design.

Hssss not being able to sit down is WRONG, and now Leech (seemlingly) wont be able to bend his legs either, is just a spit in the face of what the Classics line was supposed to be.
    For me, these figures absolutely have to have to be able to pose into some approximation of that vintage figure-style crouch (because that's how I try to pose them all). It's been great that most figures have been able to do it thus far.
    For a bulky, hulking dude like Leech, that pose is soooo essential. That's going to be a real heartbreaker if he can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Where do you guys see the flawed hips?
    It's just an assumption that we're making between the fact that King Hsss has a similarly set up hip area, and the fact that he's posed in that goofy straight-legged pose.
    Last edited by TrimmTrabb; April 7, 2011 at 09:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I find it interesting, how important articulation seems to be...

I actually glue some of the weak angle joints or knee joints as I don't need leg articulation and glue figures to the Grayskull stands fo an optimal standing.

Heck, I even glued Hssss' human torso to his lower body

I was excited when I heard we're getting Leech but was underwhelmed when I saw him

I'm dissapointed that he doesn't have little mouths on his hands like the staction.

I'm struggling to see how his wrist articultation will help his poses (Bow's wrists seemed pointless to me too though)

I'm hoping that He-Man's head will fit in Leech's mouth

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    For me the staction leech is the best and will be the best leech we will have for a very long time.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

The problem with Hsss's hips are the pointy tips at the top of his thighs. Do you guys see something like that on Leech?

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by claw guy 3 View Post
    I was excited when I heard we're getting Leech but was underwhelmed when I saw him

I'm dissapointed that he doesn't have little mouths on his hands like the staction.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/7...valstaples.jpg

I'm struggling to see how his wrist articultation will help his poses (Bow's wrists seemed pointless to me too though)

I'm hoping that He-Man's head will fit in Leech's mouth
    MOTUC Leech does have small openings in his palms. There are no tongues though.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    love the 200x leech. but dont like the tongues on the hands but do like the claws on them.

i'd imagine leech must feed on very large pray on his home planet if he is a leech.
    Last edited by kylun flac; April 9, 2011 at 05:33am.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    love the 200x leech. but dont like the tongues on the hands but do like the claws on them.

i'd imagine leech must feed on very large pray on his home planet if he is a leech.
    I don't think he is a leech at all. He looks very amphibious with some reptilian traits (shape of head + teeth). His name is more like a nickname that only indicates his behaviour and abilities.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    look at those teeth! imagine that suction thing in his mouth he could simply suffocate someone by swallowing a persons head. scary. and teeth to hold on to them.

Heroic Warrior
    I asked a colleague and fellow collector what were his feelings about the new MOTUC Leech.

His reaction was astonishingly quick : "The body is OK, but the head is lame. He should have come with a head that was based on the staction".

I cannot agree more !

Articulation-wise, I'm really afraid Leech's hips/crotch will impair legs movement.

Leech doesn't look great to me aesthetically, but if he doesn't even come with decent articulation, I'll pass. He can be second or third in command in the Horde, but for all I know, if hes' not visually appealing and is flawed (movement impairment), then I won't dish a crazy amount of money for him.
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 25, 2011 at 06:36am.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    MOTUC Leech does have small openings in his palms. There are no tongues though.
    I see them now. I thought they were just how the plastic was molded

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Watch out Wonder Woman...Leech is eating you!

I came across this tonight while searching for pictures of something else. I couldn't believe how much MOTUC Leech looks like that! if anyone's wondering, that's from the 1970's.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Watch out Wonder Woman...Leech is eating you!
    Ha ha, maybe that is a sneak peek at the next MOTUC Vs DC 2 pack!

Does anyone else think Leech looks horrible?

Ok folks,

So I'm realy not one to post anything bad about the MOTUC line since I am as exstatic as everyone else that we have this line to keep our collections and our enjoyment alive, but realy.... does anyone else see leech and say, "Wow, that looks terrible"?

He looks like he is slapped together and ready, considdering the art the 4horsemen have given us before, the head looks like an amatuer sculpt.

I don't mind enough to not buy the figure; after all, it's part of motuc history now (and not all vintage or 200X figures were that great either) but if noone says anything, we can expect more lousy sculpts in the future.. right?

Anyway, this looks like just another opportunity for sculpters and customizers here on the site to make something better.

the 200x Staction Leech was realy the upgraded look leech needed to look great.

Heroic Warrior
    Nope, I disagree. I think that it's a great update on the classic figure. I really like the sculpt.

Leech's face does look off....amateurish! Like his teeth were scalped with silly putty by a kindergartener!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I wish the stomach section was the dark dreen of his chest, so he would be wearing a "one piece" (like 95% of the media he's been in) instead of the bikini...

About the head, I don't really like it. I never really liked the 80's figure of Leech because I thought his head looked ridiculous. His head looks good in the 80's comics, Filmation, the Style Guide, MYP and the 200X Staction. I LOVE the Staction. I'm very disappointed with his head. I really wish we got a second Filmation-style head (at least). I'll have to put Leech at the back of the display so I don't have to look at him so much.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar

Whose not happy with leech's suction cup hands

You know as a "collector line" one would think they'd make the figures a little more not kid friendly. I really thought for sure we finally get the non suction cup hands for this guy. I'm not happy with the way it looks at all they could have given him webbed fingers like a duck and that could have worked fine for me. I'm really not happy with this figure at all I don't even own him yet.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone