Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Leech Discussion/Speculation

The MOTUC Leech totally sucks. Ha.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Nothing to do.... nothing to do..... what we can complain about next? Hmmm......
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Well I love Leech and I can't wait to finally get him next month! Can't we all stop complaining hmm?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I like them and the ball jointed wrists are awesome! I can understand disappointment though. I preferred the staction's head and hands. This version is still nice though.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I agree, this figures hand sculpts could have been much more interesting without straying from the original.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Nothing to do.... nothing to do..... what we can complain about next? Hmmm......
    All I've you seen you do today is go from thread to thread complaining about the topics. How is this not trolling? If I posted stuff like this in "The Positivity Thread" you'd flip your lid.
    Last edited by BadVermin; August 23, 2011 at 08:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I like them and the ball jointed wrists are awesome! I can understand disappointment though. I preferred the staction's head and hands. This version is still nice though.

http://www.princessofpower.co.uk/pag...eech-front.jpg
    The stactions still rule !!! I'm going to skip on loose MOTUC Leech and instead I'm going to buy a second Leech staction to open
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

IMO the MOTUC Leech is without a doubt the worst version of him yet, and possibly the worst figure produced in this line.

Sorry but the 4HM and Mattel really dropped the ball with him. He needs a fatter buck, smaller head, smaller eyes, smaller sharper teeth and larger sucker which at moment looks less like a sucker and more like something else....

Basically the whole figure needs to be redone. The hands also need more detail. ATM He looks like an anorexic-green-hippo-facepalm.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I like them, but I think it would've been cool if he came with swappable hands, suction & non suction. Like in Filmation.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    Sorry but the 4HM and Mattel really dropped the ball with him. He needs a fatter buck, smaller head, smaller eyes, smaller sharper teeth and larger sucker
    NAILED.

Dare we ask for a variant?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Really don't get the hate for Leech. But lately there seems to be hate for every figure. I like him just like he is. He's not the staction...but he wasn't supposed to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Really don't get the hate for Leech. But lately there seems to be hate for every figure. I like him just like he is. He's not the staction...but he wasn't supposed to be either.
    Amen. I agree!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm starting to not like this figure more and more.

Sigh. I want a better updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    IMO the MOTUC Leech is without a doubt the worst version of him yet, and possibly the worst figure produced in this line.

Sorry but the 4HM and Mattel really dropped the ball with him. He needs a fatter buck, smaller head, smaller eyes, smaller sharper teeth and larger sucker which at moment looks less like a sucker and more like something else....

Basically the whole figure needs to be redone. The hands also need more detail. ATM He looks like an anorexic-green-hippo-facepalm.
    I feel the exact opposite. He looks awesome! Big head and teeth and all. He looks like a fun toy, not a statue! I like the way 4H went with this, truly classic. But then again I love the vintage line more than 2002. Like 2002 a lot, don't get me wrong... but if Leech was too much different he wouldn't blend in with the current look of the line.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I totally agree with you, AnthonyHall666, and I have the same feeling about Leech. This is due to the head, in my opinion. They should have based MOTUC Leech's head on the 200x staction figure. THAT head ruled ! To me, he current head is an epic fail.

Aesthetically, I prefer vintage Leech and, BY FAR, 200x staction Leech.

P.S. : the "tongues" in 200x Leech hands were a nice little touch, and I liked it. I'm not too saddened they're not featured for MOTUC Leech, but they could have allowed some "tongues add-ons" for his hands for those who really wanted to display him this way.
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 23, 2011 at 09:37pm.

I'd have liked to see a better design for the hands. Maybe shaped more cupped than flat. Aside from that, I think he's pretty cool looking.

I would have liked to have some kind of detail on the cup hands, but overall i really love the figure. I can't wait to get him.

Ok how many times does it have to be said, these are not the 200X versions on MOTU figures, this are updated 80s motu figures, even the 200X figures we get are done in updated 80s motu figure style.

I almost wish we had a separate forum for the Dislikes and hate topics, so the rest of us can focus on the good things we do have
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I like them, but I like the proportions in general, they're all alien weirdo lookin'

One thing I especially like about them it it looks like I may be able to suction the net to his hands as if he is going to cast it.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Ok how many times does it have to be said, these are not the 200X versions on MOTU figures, this are updated 80s motu figures
    Wrong ! We got more 200x influences at the beginning of the line (accessories and even colours - see Hordak or Whiplash, for instance). It's just since the "200x heads ban" that the MYP influences have diminished.

Personally, If they ever release Leech with his MYP/staction head, I'll buy him for sure !

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    Ok how many times does it have to be said, these are not the 200X versions on MOTU figures, this are updated 80s motu figures, even the 200X figures we get are done in updated 80s motu figure style.
    Sorry fball but I need to disagree MOTUC Leech does not look anything like the 80's version, I have the 80’s Leech sitting in front of me and his most prominent feature is his girth. He is big, round and fat. The MOTUC Leech is not round and fat. (have a look at him side on).

The MOTUC Leech’s head is massive by comparison to the original 80’s toys. The eyes are way too big. The picture on the 80’s mouth suction show small sharp teeth but MOTUC toy has big blunt goofy front teeth.

It looks like they took the worst parts of the 80’s toy (the head) and the worst part of the 200x toy (the body), this thing just looks rushed with no thought towards designing a great figure based on the 80's design.

MOTUC Leech should have had the 80’s body and something towards the 200x head, I bet someone on the org will do a custom which will show everyone how much this figure really sucks.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Yeah, he sucks alright, lol. In more ways than one, too.

I get that the limbs look stubby because of the parts reuse and that's alright, I guess. Would have preferred detachable tongues for the hands, but I'm not too bothered about that. The thing I just can't forgive is that whacked out head. It's just...wrong. Granted, all the details from the vintage figure are there, but the proportions are all weird. Those huge, blunt teeth are a real detractor, especially since they stand out so much.

Would have vastly preferred the inner sucker mouth thing from the staction to be inside the mouth too. Would have made it tons better. Blah.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I have to say that I really really really didn't like the proportions on this figure when I saw the photos. But when I had the opportunity to see it in front of me at the SDCC display, I was surprised at how nicer he looked in person!

I'm usually not changing my mind from my initial like/dislike of a figure, but yeah, Leech really won me over when I saw him. The only thing that still bugs me is the round teeth. They could totally have given him sharper teeth!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

These threads are so depressing these days, but I think Leech looks awesome.

i think he looks OK not the best in the line but not as bad as buzz off. i want to see hordak i think i'm going to hate him....damn vac

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    These threads are so depressing these days, but I think Leech looks awesome.

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...8/img_0186.jpg
    http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...8/img_0189.jpg
    Very, very nice pics SCB!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.