Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3 confirmed.

Ghostbusters 3 confirmed.

Who you gonna call? Columbia Pictures has apparently heard the fans call for a third film in the horror-comedy franchise GHOSTBUSTERS as they have finally, finally set the long-gestured sequel in motion. Even though a script is being written with the intent of bringing back all four original busters, the article reports that reaching an agreement is still going to be a factor. Read on for the story and watch for updates as soon as a draft of the screenplay is delivered.

Columbia Pictures is getting serious about scaring up a new installment of its blockbuster "Ghostbusters" franchise.

The studio has set "The Office" co-exec producers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write a script for a film designed to bring back together the original cast of Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson.

Studio would not comment on the development and has been mum on recent rumors that there was interest in making another installment of the franchise.

The scribes just wrote "Year One," a comedy that was directed by Ramis. Ramis with Aykroyd wrote the first two installments of the films. Ivan Reitman directed both the 1984 original and the sequel that was released in 1989. The close proximity between the writers and original Ghostbuster Ramis is evidence that the ghost chasers have sparked to the idea of returning.

"Ghostbusters" was Columbia's highest grossing film ever, until it was beaten by "Men in Black" and then "Spider-Man." An attempt to make a third installment of the franchise was stymied in the dealmaking stage. Sources said so much gross was pledged to the participants that it was next to impossible for the studio to make any money on a third installment.

No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is ready, but the gross percentage will certainly be an issue. Sony has a standing policy not to allow more than 25% of first dollar gross out the door.

The scribes, who are Emmy- nominated for their work on "The Office," just set up another picture at Columbia, selling their spec script "Bad Teacher" to the studio for Jimmy Miller to produce.

Source: Variety
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

hmmm... Bill Murray has always vowed never to do another one. Will keep an eye out to see how this unfolds (if at all.)
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hijinio View Post
    hmmm... Bill Murray has always vowed never to do another one. Will keep an eye out to see how this unfolds (if at all.)
    It was a big deal to get him signed to do the video game which he only would do if Ramis and Ackroyd wrote the script.

I highly doubt this movie will star any of them, they have indicated numerous times they are too old to reprise their characters which is why they were fully behind the video game.

Don't be surprised if they get a "new cast" to take the place, but you know we saw that animated already it was called Extreme Ghostbusters and it was not the same
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I won't hold my breath on this one.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Read this on Ain't It Cool earlier today. While I would definitely love a new Ghostbusters movie, I'm not holding my breath either. Movies have gotten a lot farther than just having a script written and still were never made. Once filming begins, then I'll start celebrating

It would be nice to see but I dont think it will happen.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    It would be nice to see but I dont think it will happen.
    Same here.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I think I'd rather see a remake of the original with new actors that could go on to become a series of movies, like a whole new Ghostbusters franchise.

Getting the old actors back would just feel too contrived now so many years have passed. Maybe if it was like on Extreme Ghostbusters with maybe one or two original cast members mentoring a younger group, it might seem more credible. As long as it isn't all kiddy like Transformers was
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I think it'd be good to see them as a team of unfit old guys running round the city trying to be young - plenty of opportunity for humour there. A bit like Indy, but better.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Hmm.. so what does this mean for the fate of the video game?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    They made a point to announce Ghostbusters III on Good Morning America today before I left for work.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I think I'd rather see a remake of the original with new actors that could go on to become a series of movies, like a whole new Ghostbusters franchise.

Getting the old actors back would just feel too contrived now so many years have passed. Maybe if it was like on Extreme Ghostbusters with maybe one or two original cast members mentoring a younger group, it might seem more credible. As long as it isn't all kiddy like Transformers was
    your opinion ....and that's cool.

IMO remakes are usually terrible .If you want contrived , soulless remakes are what's contrived.
    Movies like the orginal Ghostbusters are so unique and timeless .You can't just get a bunch of new actors and hope to capture the magic and chemistry between the actors & crew in the 1984 classic.

The Real Ghostbusters cartoon is the only spin off that has worked .It stayed close to the original movies energy. That did not happen with the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon.

I'd like to see a Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast
    Not some CGI crap or remake
    Last edited by HORDE TROOPER; September 5, 2008 at 11:27am.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Interesting, we have to wait and see.

Bill Murray's just messin. He wants to be involved really
    If there's a cool script that captures the heart of the Ghostbustes & gives a good direction after so long -I bet you money he'd be interested .

Walter Peck & the Mayor better be in'it too

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I agree. Its too late for another sequel. If any of the origional cast are in it, it'll probably be cameos only and we'll have a whole next gen thing.

A remake recasting the old characters could work better. Enough time has gone by to do that.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I agree. Its too late for another sequel. If any of the origional cast are in it, it'll probably be cameos only and we'll have a whole next gen thing.

Why too late ?
    maybe i'm missing something .
    There's been a new Indiana Jones .Rocky. Rambo.
    With orginal cast members .....

Another sequel ,with the original cast-handled properly could kick ass.

Lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by HORDE TROOPER View Post
    Why too late ?
    maybe i'm missing something .
    There's been a new Indiana Jones .Rocky. Rambo.
    With orginal cast members .....

Another sequel ,with the original cast-handled properly could kick ass.
    Do you really think they'll do a whole movie and not just appear in cameos handing over to a new cast of characters??

If they are planning to be in the spotlight, I'd be very happy with that, it just seems so unlikely. Especially Bill Murray.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    I can tell about how well a remake will go over with the fans. About as well as remakes ever go over. (ie. Godzilla 1998)

I can see the discussion threads now.

"But HE doesn't even look like Bill Murray!"
    "The old Ghostbusters said that Egon invented the proton pack!"
    "Sigourney Weaver's character would never have done that!"
    "They shouldn't have used CGI to make the Stay Puft Man! I want a guy in a suit!"

Ad Nauseum
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Sister Edith is in the hospital this week. She is having trouble sleeping and has requested tapes of Pastor Dave's sermons..."

so if columbia is suddenly gung-ho about ghostbusters 3, why not get aykroyd and ramis to write it? i know aykroyd has been bending over backwards trying to get another sequel made and from what i've heard, he's even got his own script. if they don't like his script that's one thing, but if they do want the same cast on this movie, why not have the decency to let the same winning formula from the original movies create the new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    A remake recasting the old characters could work better. Enough time has gone by to do that.
    Shut your mouth!

If they do it with the original cast I would totally love to see it!!

A new cast with some of the old members, would probably enjoy it if they do a good work with it.

A remake... please don't!

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

Hollywood knew exactly who they were gonna call. And Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd look like they're stepping back into their Ghostbusting gear alongside costars Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson for a third Ghostbusters movie.

Columbia Pictures is planning to reunite the stars and revive the 1980s story of Manhattan's valiant exterminators of supernatural foes, according a report in the trade journal Variety".

The new picture is to be written by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, who both worked on bringing Brit hit The Office to the small screen in the U.S.

There is no word on whether Canadian-born director Director Ivan Reitman, who made both the 1984 original and its 1989 sequel, would direct any third movie.

I figured they would do this film seeing the stars were up in Dallas over the summer doing voiceovers for the new video game
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Cool! Hope they also bring Weaver and Moranis to the new film.

[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    http://www.people.com/people/article...s-topheadlines

Hollywood knew exactly who they were gonna call. And Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd look like they're stepping back into their Ghostbusting gear alongside costars Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson for a third Ghostbusters movie.

Columbia Pictures is planning to reunite the stars and revive the 1980s story of Manhattan's valiant exterminators of supernatural foes, according a report in the trade journal Variety".

The new picture is to be written by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, who both worked on bringing Brit hit The Office to the small screen in the U.S.

There is no word on whether Canadian-born director Director Ivan Reitman, who made both the 1984 original and its 1989 sequel, would direct any third movie.

I figured they would do this film seeing the stars were up in Dallas over the summer doing voiceovers for the new video game
    cool

though i'm not gullible & will need more evidence that Bill is really down for this
    Last edited by HORDE TROOPER; September 5, 2008 at 12:08pm.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    remake ghostbusters bite your tongues, no one could replace the originals

sadly a new version will degrade into nothing but sex and fart jokes
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook