Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3 confirmed.

Heroic Warrior
    Ramis has put on a LOT of weight since he last portrayed Egon, he was the skinniest of the group.

As for Murray, he's gonna be the toughest one to convince, at least money wise.

lately he's been a bit of an egomaniac, and thinks he's Oscar Calibur funny (not disputing that, he really got snubbed on "Lost in Translation" as well as "The Life Aquatic".)

but a back to basics approach might be just what he needs.

I'd be on board for a sequel, but I just don't think this can pull together. I've been wrong before, and would be happy to be wrong again, especially if the script is good.

but then again, I don't want another Indy 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I think I'd rather see a remake of the original with new actors that could go on to become a series of movies, like a whole new Ghostbusters franchise.
    Such a shame. There ARE people in this world that would rather have a remake. Now I know who Hollywood is catering to.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    for some reason my original post didn't show up.

Ramis has put on a LOT of weight since he last portrayed Egon, he was the skinniest of the group.

As for Murray, he's gonna be the toughest one to convince, at least money wise.

I watched "Knocked Up" with Katherine Heigel the other everning & Ramis played the stoner main character's dad. Ramis , being a director/producer by trade, I assumed was doing that in this movie but he just had a cameo-but was not involved in the making of the movie. That was strange but cool.

Murray has always been a bit pretentious but that's part of his coolness and genius . Dude still perfomed in Garfield .
    Jesus Christ

Last edited by HORDE TROOPER; September 5, 2008 at 06:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    so if columbia is suddenly gung-ho about ghostbusters 3, why not get aykroyd and ramis to write it? i know aykroyd has been bending over backwards trying to get another sequel made and from what i've heard, he's even got his own script.
    I may be mistaken, but I believe that script is what turned into the video game.

Anywho, this had better freaking happen this time!

Oh, and no offense, but everyone who says that they should do a remake instead needs to be punched in the face. Repeatedly.
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

you can see a bit of akryod's reaction in a video on dreadcentral.com. He seems ok with it.

I think they should forward the story. Meaning if the ghostbusters had worked all this time after GBII. maybe Egon is finally married to Janine or maybe he will finally cave at the end of the movie. Peter is doing something else..who knows what etc. and they are limping along realizing they cant do this anymore cause they are old, which, frankly, they are. So they ahve to get a new crop of people.

I want a progression of the story.

But like others have said, I wont hold my breath!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I highly doubt they'd get Moranis, if they couldn't get him to reprise his role for the video game. Remember, he's rolling in the dough ever since he did those "Honey, I shrunk, etc" movies. So he retired supposedly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    Oh, and no offense, but everyone who says that they should do a remake instead needs to be punched in the face. Repeatedly.
    I think only one person thus far has said that (in this thread at least.)

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I highly doubt they'd get Moranis, if they couldn't get him to reprise his role for the video game. Remember, he's rolling in the dough ever since he did those "Honey, I shrunk, etc" movies. So he retired supposedly.
    $..........

Anyway, Moranis sucked in part 2 IMO.

whatever.
    Last edited by HORDE TROOPER; September 6, 2008 at 03:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I think I'd rather see a remake of the original with new actors that could go on to become a series of movies, like a whole new Ghostbusters franchise.

Getting the old actors back would just feel too contrived now so many years have passed. Maybe if it was like on Extreme Ghostbusters with maybe one or two original cast members mentoring a younger group, it might seem more credible. As long as it isn't all kiddy like Transformers was
    I agree. Especially since it's been nearly 20 years since 'Ghostbusters 2' was released. I've met Ernie Hudson at my local comicon, and he still looks like he's in good shape. However, i can't say the same for Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Raimis. I'm still amazed that a third movie is actually gonna get made since Murray said he wanted no part of it in the past, and i find the timing more interesting since the 'Ghostbusters' videogame is almost complete. While 'Extreme Ghostbusters' wasn't that well received by the fans, the premise behind it sounds like a more logical approach to revive the franchise at this point. Even the 'Ghostbuster' films made by the guys at Braxtonfilm.com could work, too if Sony isn't already aware of them.
    Last edited by mbaker; September 8, 2008 at 07:28am.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    Even the 'Ghostbuster' films made by the guys at Braxtonfilm.com would work, too if Sony isn't already aware of them.
    Hmmm... I only saw the first 5-10 minutes. Not the best acting, but pretty good so far. Will have to watch the rest of it later. Thanks for sharing!

This was just posted on dreadcentral. Part of an interview with Ramis
    from the Chicago Tribune

”Columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my Year One writing partners, Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg. Judd Apatow is co-producing Year One and has made several other films for Sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent.” He told the paper, ”Aykroyd, Ivan Reitman and I are consulting at this point, and according to Dan, Bill Murray is willing to be involved on some level. He did record his dialogue for the new Ghostbusters video game, as did Danny and I, and Ernie Hudson. The concept is that the old Ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. Not much else to say at this point. Everyone is confident a decent script can be written and i guess we'll take it from there.”

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    ”Columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my Year One writing partners, Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg. Judd Apatow is co-producing Year One and has made several other films for Sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent.”
    So i guess Seth Rogan will be one of the new Ghostbusters in training, huh?

The only comedic cast working at the moment that has the right chemistry and makeup to pull off a new set of Ghostbusters is the crew from The 40-Year-Old Virgin. So yeah, if it absolutely has to involve a group of new 'busters in training, hopefully Rogen will be one of them.

Or would you rather have that fat, no talent, annoying d-bag from Superbad?
    Continuing the story from where the new cartoon left off.
    Click here to check out The Continuing Adventures of He-Man!

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
    -Harvey Dent

Great people to deal with: TRAPPER, Oz-Scott, RacerX, Rmfd79emt, Paugh, vpbpi, Royalt1us, Buffdaddyjk, SpydeR, Dr. Smith, Lord Anubis

Quote Originally Posted by VaderLives View Post
    So yeah, if it absolutely has to involve a group of new 'busters in training, hopefully Rogen will be one of them. Or would you rather have that fat, no talent, annoying d-bag from Superbad?
    I never said i didn't want him in the new movie. I'm just making an observation based on his work with Apatow.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    So i guess Seth Rogan will be one of the new Ghostbusters in training, huh?
    there was a rumor going around that rogen and steve caroll were gonna be the new busters a few weeks ago.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    but then again, I don't want another Indy 4.

I'm with you on that one. I didn't even want a second Ghostbusters. I was 10in 1989 and even then I thought that movie was dreadful. I guess there's some nostaligia appeal with the first one, though. I just don't want to be celebrating my 50th birthday and look over at the television and see a commercial for Indiana Jones 10 or Star Wars Episode 19 or Ghostbusters 12. Lucas has soundly pounded the nail in the Star Wars coffin. Indiana Jones is drowning under his desire to remove all the pilars of acting from movies by making the perfomers feign emotion from a red X taped to the end of a boom handle on a green screen sound stage. (Well, that and his dreadful writing) I just can't see the Ghostbusters fighting off evil spirits while puttering along on their hover rounds. They're gonna have to film the thing in cinemascope to fit all three of those fat old white dudes in the frame. I just wish that hollywood would invest the hundreds of millions of dollars they throw away on tired old sequls to films from 30 years ago into something new. Ghostbusters 3, Beverly Hills cops whatever, Donnie Darko 2, Anchorman 2? Will Ferrel is a funny guy, but all of his movies are needlessly drawn out 10 minute Saturday Night Live skits that tank in the theater but somehow end up doing well on home release. How many millions of dollars could be saved by just releasing them directly to video? Can't we find new films to run into the ground and give the old ones their chance to just rest in peace?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm waiting to see how this goes. I'm hoping to see a sequal better than what I saw with Indy, Rambo, and Rocky. Those movies were alright I was just expecting better.

Heroic Warrior
    I Dunno, i thought "Rambo" was friggin' awesome and was the best sequel of the franchise so far and was a great comeback for an 80's movie icon as it succeeded where Indy 4 failed despite i enjoyed that one.

Maybe this one would be as good as "Rambo", i've been waiting for a third movie in a long time. Perhaps they should have both the original guys with a few new recruits in the tradition of "Extreme Ghostbusters" including Slimer joining the team like on both animated series.

Well I'm hoping it'll turn out great.

Heroic Warrior
    I really hope they don't have Steve Caroll in this, he's as funny as brick wall.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Edgar Wright should direct this movie, he's a genius filmmaker who gave us "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz".

Quote Originally Posted by Cropsy View Post
    I think Edgar Wright should direct this movie, he's a genius filmmaker who gave us "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz".
    What's wrong with Ivan Reitman ?

Heroic Warrior
    Well Ivan can be one of the executive producers with Wright as director.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropsy View Post
    I have to say that if they plan to have new guys to bust ghosts, they should at least consider adding Nick Frost or Simon Pegg(or even both) they are my favourite comedians out there.

I have to add that I still hope they have old gang there together, I think having old guys one last time fighting against paranormal forces would be awesome and would have plenty of opportunities for great jokes.