Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by wasted View Post
    I really hope they don't have Steve Caroll in this, he's as funny as brick wall.
    i liked him in 40 year old virgin. Don't care for the office at all.

Bill comments on a new Ghostbusters movie and feelings toward the franchise

Scrole down for his video

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/38496

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I got a text from my sister in law this morning, and she said that Dan was on the Today show and confirmed that GB3 is a go.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I got a text from my sister in law this morning, and she said that Dan was on the Today show and confirmed that GB3 is a go.
    I would love to see what they could do with todays effects. I can't wait. Bring on GB3 and make 4 while you are at it

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    So this a reality now? I was reading that the game was a sequel of sorts anyway. As the Fallen said with today's FX it should be awesome.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Quote Originally Posted by wolf-manj View Post
    i liked him in 40 year old virgin. Don't care for the office at all.
    I love The Office! Still, Steve Carell is not the first person I would think of to be in this. I could see Jim Krasinski, however... Certainly Rainn Wislon would be an interesting choice.

Ivan Reitman returns to direct.

joblo:

It's been hanging in the air for awhile, but now we have a 'yes' from Ivan Reitman that he will be returning to direct GHOSTBUSTERS 3.

MTV got the confirmation from the director, as well as a status on the script. Reitman says that he's received a finished draft from writers Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (YEAR ONE, THE OFFICE) and that they are currently hard at work on a second draft.

When it came to Sigourney Weaver's spoilers, he had little to say on the matter, “I’m not going to comment on what’s in the script and on what Sigourney may or may not have said. She’s been so busy on Avatar, I’ve not been able to find her. There’s some very cool things in the new draft, let’s just put it that way.”

Reitman also stated that they hope to begin shooting next year. Last month, Harold Ramis talked about similar plans for the film's shooting as well.

We've been suspecting that Reitman would direct the third installment, but it's good to hear something solid on it.

Excellent! I am very happy to learn this.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yeah thats definately good news as far as im concerned.

Update on Ghostbusters 3, not a major update. But still it seems to be going in the right direction.

3D Gremlins & Ghostbusters in the works.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

3D effects would be phenominal in a Ghostbusters film! Especially with the new technology. (Oh, and a big to a new Gremlins film if it has Billy and Kate.)
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

I dont think I want a 3d ghostbusters.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    if it's pointy stick 3d then no, but avatar depth of field 3d then it could work
    Last edited by the_ultimate_evil; January 25, 2010 at 05:46pm.
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    if it's pointy stick 3d then no, but avatar depth of field 3d then it could work
    i disagree, but not completely. with the humans and all the "real" stuff, i'd say to keep everything low key for the most part. but when you've got ghosts flying everywhere, i'd love for them to pop out of the screen.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    i disagree, but not completely. with the humans and all the "real" stuff, i'd say to keep everything low key for the most part. but when you've got ghosts flying everywhere, i'd love for them to pop out of the screen.
    Yeah, but gimmicky 3D like that is only good when watching it in 3D. What's going to happen when we get it on DVD/Blu-Ray and are watching it at home in 2D? It's going to look like crap and be overly obvious as being a gimmick meant for 3D.

Yeah, I know 3D TVs and Blu-Ray players are coming out, but they aren't exactly going to be cheap, so it will be years (at best) before most people can watch things in 3D in their homes (if it even catches on in a wide-spread way), so I'd rather have a movie that works and is appropriate for pretty much all viewing situations (both 2D and 3D) and isn't filled with a ton of gimmicks that only work in one of the two situations.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon

'Ghostbusters 3' not dead?

I could have sworn I posted in another thread concerning G3, but maybe that was beyond page 27 LOL

Aykroyd making progress with 'Ghostbusters' script
    Oct. 11, 2010, 10:19 AM EST
    WENN

The script for the "Ghostbusters" sequel is almost complete, according to star and screenwriter Dan Aykroyd.

All four of the original "Ghostbusters" -- Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson -- were said to have signed up to star in a third film, 21 years after the second installment hit cinemas in 1989.

Murray previously dismissed the speculation, insisting plans for a follow-up are "hogwash."

But now Aykroyd has spoken out to say the script is near completion -- and he's convinced even Murray will be pleased with it.

He tells Britain's Daily Express, "I think Bill was concerned that the writing on 'Ghostbusters 3' would not be up to standard but I'm working on the script now. And Bill has the comic role of a lifetime."

Aykroyd also said this could be the last film in the franchise for the original line-up: "My character's eyesight is shot, I've got a bad knee, a bad hip -- I can't lift the Psychotron Accelerator any more. We need young legs, new minds, new Ghostbusters."
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I remember that the talk at one point had the story for Ghostbusters 3 sounding an awful lot like Filmation's Ghostbusters cartoon. I don't remember how much substance there was too the talk though.

The Abominable Dr. Phibes Vincent Price's Avatar
    What it sounds like is a film version of Extreme Ghostbusters.

Blech.
    Old people used to annoy me at weddings by pinching my cheeks &
    saying that you are the next.
    They stopped doing that when I started doing the same to them at funerals.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I could have sworn I posted in another thread concerning G3, but maybe that was beyond page 27 LOL
    The search feature is your friend

I merged with another thread
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    The search feature is your friend

I merged with another thread
    Thanks Geo, where did you find it? I scrolled through like 27 pages before I gave up LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Ghostbusters III a go... awesome... love to see it and yes today's SFX could get stunning in GB III, but man why there wasn't a sequel somewhere in the 90's?
    Remember your first GB in a theatre? Did the SFX blow you away? Of course they did and I think they're still awesome. So no matter how good the next GB will be or how stunning those SFX will be it will never come close to your 1st GB experience...

Oh btw, European networks showed this GB commercial for a Citroën C3 last year, don't know if ya familiar with the brand, but did you see this in the US as well...

Here's the complete remix of the original GB song

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Price View Post
    What it sounds like is a film version of Extreme Ghostbusters.

Blech.
    My problem with EGB at the time was that they where exaggerating the age of the OGB's.. Now when they are in their 60's, it's not that big a deal...
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    My problem with EGB at the time was that they where exaggerating the age of the OGB's.. Now when they are in their 60's, it's not that big a deal...
    Actually they really weren't (if my exaggerate you mean making them older than they actually were).

I didn't watch EGB that much when it originally aired, but a few episodes were actually On Demand on my cable system not to long ago and I checked a couple of them out.

If I recall correctly, they actually made reference to Egon turning 40 on the show. But this series was in the late 90s. In reality, the actors playing these parts were all in their late 30s/early 40s by the time they made Ghostbusters II (hence them being in their early 60s now).

Of course, the specific age that the characters were supposed to be was never mentioned or explained in the movies. It's not that uncommon for the characters in a movie or TV show being a different age than the actors playing them (i.e. having actors well into their 20s playing high school students).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I can't lift the Psychotron Accelerator any more.
    Wait... what?
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Ghostbusters 3 was on yahoo tending now. I pulled up an article and it looks like Reitman wants to do it in 3d and the script is in Murray's possession for review.