Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ghostbusters 3 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Even if one only takes the two movies to be canon, there is the possibility for some legacy characters there. Dana Barrett had a child in GB2 who would now be in his 20's-30's. She could have children with Venkman too.
    Janine and Tully were getting pretty friendly, but she also could have gone back to Egon and had children with him.

We don't know much about Ray and Winston's family life - Winston could have been married for all we know. Any one of them could have had a chilld out of Wedlock. Even a descendant of Walter Peck could show up.
    Bite your tongue about Janine and Tully. ICK.

If the EGB is to be thrown in with the canon then there was no Tully(thank freaking god).

I dont mind the idea of say Egon's kid now in his 20s or so going through is father's notes n' stuff and deciding that maybe the ghostbusters need to be regrouped again. Ray could be there for Egon's funeral and encourage the young lad. Janine, of course is the mom and maybe Egon's kid gets the orginal ghostbusters kids together cause they are all friends or something.

I dunno. I dont mind a reboot, I guess...I suppose we shall have to wait and see....
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Bite your tongue about Janine and Tully. ICK.
    I didn't figure that would be too popular... Wasn't my favorite ship either; why they included in in GB2 was beyond me.

The others had some possibilities though.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Maybe this is too soon, but Egon's could still make a cameo, but this time as a computer graphic ghost. Imagine a ghost who used to be a buster.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Maybe this is too soon, but Egon's could still make a cameo, but this time as a computer graphic ghost. Imagine a ghost who used to be a buster.
    Perhaps, like his actor, Egon has passed on but returns from the afterlife to warn his friends about some new supernatural threat which must then be busted? What could be a more fitting tribute to Harold Ramis?

Heroic Warrior Mystical Musician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    Perhaps, like his actor, Egon has passed on but returns from the afterlife to warn his friends about some new supernatural threat which must then be busted? What could be a more fitting tribute to Harold Ramis?
    Agreed....

I think the way they need to do it is (and have been saying this for many years), is that Egon is unable to join the team (originally because he was in a mental ward, now because he passed away) and a younger "big fan" takes it upon herself to regroup the ghostbusters, because he uncovers a huge evil plot.

Peter is now famous, so he sends his assistant to help instead of being present at all. (bill murray wants no part in the film)

Ray is present, but doesn't go out in the field, more of a mentor back at the fire station, which he still lives in all alone.

Dana's son Oscar is brought into the mix as part of the plot, due to his paranormal past and being taken over by Vego.

Winston is present also as a reluctant mentor and one of his relatives takes his place in the field... son... nephew... whatever

Tully is still their lawyer. Janine can still answer the phones.

If I were to cast the replacements Jay Pharoah would be Winston's team replacement. Jonah Hill would be Oscar, reluctant ghostbuster. Jason Sudeikis would be a Peter's assistant who he ditches on the ghostbusters and Kaitlin Olson would be the obsessed fan who uncovers the plot.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    While I have my reservations about this project even moving forward, if it is going to happen...

I don't necessarily see why Egon has to be dead just because Harold Ramis is. They could just mention him and what he's been up to. He could be alive and well somewhere offscreen.

I wouldn't mind seeing Neil Patrick Harris as a Ghostbuster. I think he'd be sort of like the new generation's Venkman, but without trying to be an obvious and pathetic carbon copy.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I agree he doesn't HAVE to be dead... but my original thought of having Egon in a mental ward seems less tasteful now.

Also other people I think might make good ghostbusters:
    Charlie Day
    Seann William Scott
    or Steve Zahn

and Steve Buscemi as the new threat to the world lol
    Last edited by Rain; February 28, 2014 at 10:15am.

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Egon could be a big-time scientist like Stephen Hawking now too. I mean, if you discovered real honest-to-Gozer proof of ghosts existing and had a lot of data regarding how they work, plus a whole lot of captured ghosts that people could study - that would be a major scientific discovery. And while they did use it to make money, eventually it could have other uses. Mood slime could have all sorts of interesting applications. Maybe Egon is now so famous he can't go in the field any more, but sends his kid, promising research assistant, whatever, in his place. That would be another way to explain Harold's absence without killing the character off.

The problem with many great properties like Ghostbusters is that they are "lightning in a botttle". People like it, if you do it right. You want to use it to make money; nothing wrong with that. But what do you do with something like Ghostbusters or Star Trek when the original actors don't want to do it any more, or pass away. You know that a lot of fans will throw a riot if you reboot the franchise, like Star Trek tried to do. You know a lot of fans will riot if you recast one of the characters, or try to replace him or her with somebody else. But you want to make money from the property. Its kinda hard to strike a balance between these things.

I think the new Star Wars sequels will have a similar problem.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; February 28, 2014 at 12:23pm.

I doubt it will be as good as the original... I mean look at GB2... not exactly a "Great" movie... though I do still enjoy it. That being said I would enjoy an attempt at spawning off of the original films, while most of the cast is still available for at least cameos. I think Star Trek did fine with the remakes. Star Wars... they probably waited too long to make the prequel trilogy. Another movie that tried and failed was Dan Aykroyd's Blues Brothers 2000 film... I think part of Bill Murray's reluctance is Aykroyd's push to get it made... like he did with BB2000. I love John Goodman, but that was a bust all around. I love Aykroyd, but too me it seems like he would beat every ounce of blood out of the properties he is known for.

as for big time scientist Egon, sure that could work... but remember he wanted to drill a hole in his head according to the original movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    as for big time scientist Egon, sure that could work... but remember he wanted to drill a hole in his head according to the original movie.
    It would have worked if Venkman hadn't stopped him...

venkman wasn't there to stop him this time.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    The guys that could take on this comedy are Canadian acting comedians.

'The Kids in the Hall' ..talented.

or 'The Trailer Park Boys' ....cause

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    The guys that could take on this comedy are Canadian acting comedians.

'The Kids in the Hall' ..talented.

or 'The Trailer Park Boys' ....cause
    That's where Dan Aykroyd came up from... so yeah, that could definitely work.