Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Light hope & Sweet Bee arrival thread

Light hope & Sweet Bee arrival thread

Just received these in the mail today in the UK.

DSCF0054.jpg

meanwhile, i'm a subber in Florida so i should expect my figures sometime around Two Weeks From Forever.

Light Hope looks incredible, as always.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Mine arrived yesterday. Light Hope is awesome! I love how they handled that character. Very well done! Sweet Bee is also good.. I like the helmeted head but it is a bit tough to switch on and off. I fear the peg may snap.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Mine arrived this morning. Haven't had a chance to open them and enjoy due to work being busy, but come lunch... it's package opening time.

Light Hope looks fantastic and Sweet Bee looks better than I thought! Can't wait to see these in a Fwoosh feature!

Light Hope is hands down THE BEST figure of 2014. I'd like to put other figures into that category-- and obviously we have yet to see the remaining figures for the year-- but I doubt any other figure will match his degree of detail and excellence.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I got mine today and Light Hope is for me the best figure in the entire line. Stunning figure.

Sweet Bee is good enough, she will never be a favourite of mine. My least favourite POP figure so far for sure but she's not a bad figure by any means.

I can't wait to get mine! It should be here tomorrow

Mine arrived today as well!

photo IMG_1320_zps241f8348.jpg
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

No one's going to point out the fact they all seem to have glued the crest on Light Hope's head off-center?

Fine. I'll say it. This was the Club exclusive figure, the highlight of Club Etheria, and I feel like this part was messed up. Is the entire figure ruined? Of course not. But I'm not happy about the fact that the FACE of the figure has a very obvious defect, and judging from pictures of others' Light Hopes this is a problem on many of them.

Come on, Mattel, GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgarrus View Post
    No one's going to point out the fact they all seem to have glued the crest on Light Hope's head off-center?

Fine. I'll say it. This was the Club exclusive figure, the highlight of Club Etheria, and I feel like this part was messed up. Is the entire figure ruined? Of course not. But I'm not happy about the fact that the FACE of the figure has a very obvious defect, and judging from pictures of others' Light Hopes this is a problem on many of them.

Come on, Mattel, GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER.
    Isn't it just a one piece sculpt and the crown is painted not glued? I don't have one in hand so I can't tell if it's more than one part.

Got mine this morning! woohoo! Awesome month!!! Sweet Bee is the winner for me. But all 3 are fantastic!!
    Last edited by Firesoullove; October 17, 2014 at 06:31pm.

My POP sub items just arrived.

Sweet Bee is nice its the first time i have her in figure form even as a child i never got her and seeing her yellow hair i never really wanted her. Her vintage hair color always reminded me of cheap knock of dolls with yellow instead of blonde hair. I get why they gave her yellow instead of blonde hair but still that cheap image was branded in my head…even than.
    Now she has the more FILMATION ginger hair and im glad she has.

Im a little disappointed about the new ankles, i get why people are happy if the pins dont show but she lost the rocker ankle which means another articulation we lost for the female feet/legs. Double Mischief has the same sculpt but she has the pin and the rocker feet, it makes it easier to pose them and in Sweet Bees case she is very top heavy i fear for Peekablue now

Light Hope is amazing. He just looks fantastic and is an outstanding sculpt. Im really happy that we got this figure, i never thought i would want or need him but here i am really enjoying this amazing figure/character.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    My POP sub items just arrived.

Sweet Bee is nice its the first time i have her in figure form even as a child i never got her and seeing her yellow hair i never really wanted her. Her vintage hair color always reminded me of cheap knock of dolls with yellow instead of blonde hair. I get why they gave her yellow instead of blonde hair but still that cheap image was branded in my head…even than.
    Now she has the more FILMATION ginger hair and im glad she has.

Im a little disappointed about the new ankles, i get why people are happy if the pins dont show but she lost the rocker ankle which means another articulation we lost for the female feet/legs. Double Mischief has the same sculpt but she has the pin and the rocker feet, it makes it easier to pose them and in Sweet Bees case she is very top heavy i fear for Peekablue now

Light Hope is amazing. He just looks fantastic and is an outstanding sculpt. Im really happy that we got this figure, i never thought i would want or need him but here i am really enjoying this amazing figure/character.

Niki the problem with the female ankles has been they arrive very loose with the ankle pin. The new female boots with no anle pin will be more steady so even a top heavy figure will stand fine so long as the ankles are not weak.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Light Hope looks fantastic and Sweet Bee looks better than I thought! Can't wait to see these in a Fwoosh feature!
    If you're in Jersey City, then I should be getting mine today...hopefully.

I'm kinda ho-hum about this month, but next month? TUNG LASHOR!!!

POP of Power overload! I actually like both of these figure more than I do the MOTU offering (Eldor) this month.

First up...Sweet Bee.

I really like this character and figure for some reason. I think it's the colors.

The Good

The QC on the figure seems to be good. Paint apps and sculpt are also nice.

I love Sweet Bee's color scheme. The pink, black, and yellow help her stand out nicely.

The fact sculpt is quite nice.

I love her two accessories. The bee gun looks really neat to me. The repainted shield looks very eye catching in yellow and gold, one of the best POP shields so far.

Sweet Bee luckily has a waist twist and swivel thighs.

The alternate helmeted head is very nice too.

The Bad

Limited articulation. Sweet Bee has very limited head articulation. Some of that was unavoidable with the wings, but it is still unfortunate. Thankfully the waist swivel helps compensate.

The swivel thighs are awesome...but then they give her no rocker ankles. *Sigh*. Mattel what are we going to do with you?

Overall her articulation isn't bad, it's just not as good as it could be. The head movement isn't really a problem, but the ankle articulation is unforgivable.

Final Grade: B+

A colorful solidly designed and sculpted character with two weapons and an alternate head make Sweet Bee very good. She has decent articulation but the lack of rocker ankles really hurt her. All that aside, Sweet Bee is still a very fun toy.

---------------

Light Hope also arrived and he's quite cool.

The Good

The sculpting on this figure is great.

The overall design of the figure fits in quite well with MOTU and POP.

The one accessory he comes with is also quite nice. I like the translucent staff and the top piece as well.

Light Hope's articulation is very good and he can be posed nicely.

The cape has enough give that it doesn't interfere with his posing.

Light Hope compliments the other spectral/ghostly figures we've gotten in the line so far - Scare Glow, Spirit of Hordak, The Faceless One, Goddess, and the upcoming Spirit of Grayskull.

The Bad

My Light Hope's joint are a little loose. Specifically the ab crunch. It's not a big deal, but it was readily apparent.

The staff is also a bit warped, again not a big deal but noticeable.

The bright white paint on his cape also has some smudging on it. Thankfully it's on the back of the figure and not the front.

Final Grade: A-

A very cool design, transparent plastic, good articulation, a nice looking staff make Light Hope a solid figure. If he had an alternate head, or one more really cool accessory he'd probably an A+ figure, however he's still really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Mine arrived today as well!
    Great picture!!
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Got mine last night All of them (including Eldor) are perfect---Excellent month for Motu figures

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    If you're in Jersey City, then I should be getting mine today...hopefully.

I'm kinda ho-hum about this month, but next month? TUNG LASHOR!!!
    Yup, mine arrived this morning, keep checking yours should be arriving today too if you chose Fedex!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Sweet bee is awesome in person - very bright. It's a shame she can't move her head though but overall she's amazing.

Light hope is pretty spectacular - a little too detailed but still a very special figure. Not my favourite exclusive but he really fits well in this yeas POP sub.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Got my figures today.

Eldor: Awesome figure and I don't mind the hood as much as I thought I would.A+

Light Hope: Good figure but he just doesn't do it for me that much.B+

Sweet Bee: Didn't even take it out of the brown mailer..Threw it in the scrap figures bin.

Pretty pumped about this month's sub figures.

15543909161_9866a48e57_z.jpg

15366361367_488ffe6274_z.jpg

With Light Hope's arrival I no longer need to print out a copy of how he appears on the cartoon and can finally take the photo of She-ra and caption it with "Only a few others share this secret"

15553224442_738e20c688_z.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 36441 View Post

With Light Hope's arrival I no longer need to print out a copy of how he appears on the cartoon and can finally take the photo of She-ra and caption it with "Only a few others share this secret"

Great pictures man!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Got them in today (eldor got ordered day of). Sweet Bee's hands look similar to Entrapta's though. I also wish her wings would move a bit more foreward but that mean's she more likely a back display figure.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by 36441 View Post

Such great shots! Love the tinting, the lighting, etc...