Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: motuc gigantisaur?

Like other there so many figures they can put the tooling dollars to the I would prove that happening. Espically after the scare we just had.

Heroic Warrior
    Gigantisaur is probably THE concept figure that "never made it until now" that I'd like to get the most !

Unfortunately, we probably won't get many vehicles in MOTUC, let alone playsets. Heck, even Castle Grayskull is not sure to be made...

Mattel's total lack of faith and ambition for MOTUC is a real sad thing to behold.

If a gigantic item like Gigantisaur was made into a MOTUC beast, it would certainly be the crown jewel of my collection ! The same goes for the Eternia playset.

I'd like for us to get ALL the Preternian dinosaurs : Gigantisaur, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Bionatops, Turbodactyl + Battle Raptor (MYP cartoon) and maybe Battle Bones.

Preternia is the PREHISTORIC Eternia, and prehistory without dinosaurs is an absurd thing. We have Tytus and Megator, we have He-Ro, we have King Grayskull, we even have Preternia Disguise He-Man... I say now bring on Eldor and the preternian dinosaurs !

The reason we didn't get any dinosaurs yet (or Monstroid or Mantisaur, for that matter) is because those beasts use a lot of tooling, and that Mattel made it compulsory to reuse any tooling. Once again, it comes down to Mattel's mistrust and lack of faith in MOTUC, and also to their stinginess. I don't think we'll be able to change that, but I still keep the dream that someday we might get some of these items in MOTUC. Who knows ? After all, all it could take would be a change in Mattel's management, and the presence of someone who really likes toys (unlike the current directors and CEO, who come mainly from the food sector and from the oil industry) and who would feel the nostalgia and remember the initial grandeur of the Masters of the Universe franchise...
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 13, 2012 at 08:49pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Gigantisaur is probably THE concept figure that "never made it until now" that I'd like to get the most !

Unfortunately, we probably won't get many vehicles in MOTUC, let alone playsets. Heck, even Castle Grayskull is not sure to be made...

Mattel's total lack of faith and ambition for MOTUC is a real sad thing to behold.

If a gigantic item like Gigantisaur was made into a MOTUC beast, it would certainly be the crown jewel of my collection ! The same goes for the Eternia playset.

I'd like for us to get ALL the Preternian dinosaurs : Gigantisaur, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Bionatops, Turbodactyl + Battle Raptor (MYP cartoon) and maybe Battle Bones.

Preternia is the PREHISTORIC Eternia, and prehistory without dinosaurs is an absurd thing. We have Tytus and Megator, we have He-Ro, we have King Grayskull, we even have Preternia Disguise He-Man... I say now bring on Eldor and the preternian dinosaurs !

The reason we didn't get any dinosaurs yet (or Monstroid or Mantisaur, for that matter) is because those beasts use a lot of tooling, and that Mattel made it compulsory to reuse any tooling. Once again, it comes down to Mattel's mistrust and lack of faith in MOTUC, and also to their stinginess. I don't think we'll be able to change that, but I still keep the dream that someday we might get some of these items in MOTUC. Who knows ? After all, all it could take would be a change in Mattel's management, and the presence of someone who really likes toys (unlike the current directors and CEO, who come mainly from the food sector and from the oil industry) and who would feel the nostalgia and remember the initial grandeur of the Masters of the Universe franchise...
    Prahvus, well said, heres to hoping. I am actually surprised Bionatops hasnt been made yet, I dont think he would be much bigger or more expensive the cats. Plus with Preternian He-man not having his ride, I think this one might be on tap sooner than later.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iumma View Post
    Prahvus, well said, heres to hoping. I am actually surprised Bionatops hasnt been made yet, I dont think he would be much bigger or more expensive the cats. Plus with Preternian He-man not having his ride, I think this one might be on tap sooner than later.

At this point with so many characters left to be made with such a limited budget, I'd be surprised to see Bionatops. That said, Gigantisaur ain't going to happen.

I do have hope we'll see the Battle Ram since the 4H have already made the protoype, but even that is a longshot.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Castle Grayskull instead, please.

....This....

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    IF this was made, I would guess it would be a bit smaller than the proto, since Mattel don't like making "one shots" (as mentioned in many Windraider Q&A's) they'd likely use Granymars body, and possible his thighs, add new arms, feet, tail and head/neck (see the last pic posted where gigantisaur has reared up on it's hind legs, there's some similarity I think
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Reguardless of what I would like to be made or what any one else also would or would not like to be made into MOTUC, the fact is as long as the lines popularity stays where it is or lesson's, we all probably won't get all that is wanted! The thing with MATTEL is they nare not laying alot of money out for this if it is'nt farely populair it needs to be put out there more in news, internet, any means possible! Mattel has a site for the sales but no real advertisement! I recently stumbled upon the line by peering into the org I started telling others I know that like the masters and now they to are getting into it, and I make sure that they pass that on and on so as to gain some momentum! But truth be told if this line doesnt pick up there is no chance for my GIGANTISUAR that was mentioned and talked about when the other 3 dino's came out! I would love for it to happen as with all other dinos and my never made up-scaler, Rattlor Trap and so on and so forth! We have the power to make this greater than ever before we need to stand proud and tall for our line and make it known every where! we almost lost it I do not want to ever feel like that again!

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    It would be ridiculously ridiculous to see Gigantisaur in Classics, but I want him in the line.

gigantisaur.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Gigantisaur would make for an incredible SDCC item.

Hasbro is always offering these huge exclusives, like the aircraft carrier, or Multi-figure packs. It's time Mattel jump on that and offered something BIG and spectacular.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Was Gigantasaur a robot? Cyborg? How does he have a person with a gun platform pop out if his guts?
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Was Gigantasaur a robot? Cyborg? How does he have a person with a gun platform pop out if his guts?
    The techno-organic virus works in mysterious ways.

Heroic Warrior
    All of the PREternian dinosaurs were part animal, part machine. In the Masters Classics Canon, this has been explained by the "Techno-Organic Virus" which was brought to PREternia from Horde-World by He-Ro, and then left to infect the drinking water by Eldor. In the Original MoTU storyline it just WAS: these Dinosaurs are cooler than ones were in Earth's prehistory, because they are Cyborgs! [^)

Heroic Warrior
    I liked it better when it wasn't explained and that's just how it was; Preternia has cyborg Dinosaurs. I mean, it's Preternia...does it really need an explanation?

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I liked it better when it wasn't explained and that's just how it was; Preternia has cyborg Dinosaurs. I mean, it's Preternia...does it really need an explanation?
    I'm with you on this. Not everything needs to be explained. Eternia should be full of mystery. That's the fun of it all. Techno-virus...smh.

I would happily pass. There's no way that they'd make that figure worth while. And we all know it'd cost way too much. And honestly, how many of us would really have anywhere to put that huge thing, other than in a box, down in our basement?

As impossible as it would be to ever do, if they did I would spend however many hundreds it would cost to buy it...something like that in a toy room would just make everything else worthless...it would easily become a legendary toy...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    They haven't given us Snake Mountain (the most iconic playset ever) or Shadow Wing (from Granamyr's parts).

You ain't getting this big silly dinosaur kid.
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.

Maybe it would be a good idea to release this as an exclusive in a vintage style size. That way it needn't be as big as Classics and it would be a way to finally get this prototype.

I'm sure many fans would like a 'commemorative' vintage Tytus, Megator, Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor too. Maybe that could be something for after Classics... But thats a discussion for the Vintage forums...

I kinda have a feeling that the movie talks were in the works when Classics were being considered so they wanted to have a unified "story" to give the movie writers a basis (keeping the direction of the property in Mattel's control). So, an easy way to flesh out "why" some things are like this is to create a techno-virus which would play out well in a big Hollywood movie.

I want to see a Gigantisaur in scale with the new MOTU Giants figures
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Gigantisaur would make for an incredible SDCC item.

Hasbro is always offering these huge exclusives, like the aircraft carrier, or Multi-figure packs. It's time Mattel jump on that and offered something BIG and spectacular.

That would be very awesome.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Living in a reality where MOTUC goes on forever and ever and ever.....
    From what I have seen of the technology, Gigantisuar could totally be done via 3D printing. If we had the original specs and a good designer, it could be done, although it might be pricey. Since it is still a new technology that has been the issue with larger things getting this treatment. It seems the original was essentially a hollowed out, rotocast type figure. If the third party market continues to grow, I think we can have anything we would be willing to pay for in the next five years.