Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: They should make Evilseed into a figure.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I want Evil Seed as well, just not a fan of the Filmation version. I'm sure the 4H will do the figure justice.

Heroic Warrior
    I also prefer the 200X version of Evilseed, he would seem to fit the MOTUC "buck" much better than the Filmation version, who if done right would probably need to be a completely new tooled figure. Unless they just used the regular buck for the Filmation version, but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a Filmation version?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm in the camp for the Filmation version. He was a far more interesting character; the 2002 version fell into the common trap of "generic big bad who wants to capture Grayskull and is majorly powered up." Filmation's Evilseed was a bit more dangerous to my mind, as he was actually trying to begin a plant revolution, which likely would have meant no more animal life. A fanatic with a cause he sees as right can be a trully powerful foe. As far as the look goes, the 2002 version reminds me way too much of the animated version of Swamp Thing, so he feels way too derivative. Filmation's asparagus head was a pretty unique look.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Evilseed Filmation's asparagus head es more creepy. The MYP version is more generic in my opinion.

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation Evilseed was one of the creepiest villians of the old cartoon. I would prefer that version (who'm I kidding? I want them both, eventually ).

this is one of the characters where I hate the fact that we now have Filmation rights

If we get an Evilseed I hope it's the Filmation version. I find his design to be much more interesting than his MYP counterpart which to me has always felt like a bland anime villain.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i'm getting antsy for evilseed.
    myp evilseed is the choice to go with. myp's is like a demon plant abomination & way evil. filmation is such a clown.
    i'd like to see some cool accessories to go with him maybe blade hands or vines that attach to his hands that reach out as though they are growing at his command.

Ideally because there designs are so different, they will make both. Just please make the 200x one first!

200x could be the regular Evilseed, and the Asparagus head one could be a power up/demon version, complete with the vines under the robe.

I was thinking the same for Marzo. The 200x is the "normal" one (because of the bio), his Filmation version could be "Royal Marzo" or "Court Disguise Marzo". He could implimate a plan where he uses his Royalty connections to hatch a plan. If Eternians are fool by He-man's disguise of Tan/no tan, Marzo can easily disguise himself with un-brushed hair/ combed hair.

I like the 200X design better, but I thought his presence in Filmation was something more unique and menacing (though to be honest I did not remember him until I saw his death again on DVD--to go by my memory Shokoti, Masque, Queen Elmora, and King Helios should all have been in 200X long before Count Marzo, Evilseed, or Hawk).

I really think they'll go with a second head for Evilseed. If they do more and add a clip on robe like they did for Marlena, I think they will take as many liberties with the Filmation costume as they did with Captain Glenn's space suit.

But the 200X Evilseed ought to make one awesome MOTUC figure all by itself. Any Filmation elements will be gravy.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I also prefer the 200X version, but I have full confidence in the 4 Horsemen's abilities to make the figure awesome no matter which version they use as a template. I've loved every release and repaint so far as far as the look of the figure goes - myonly issues are with scale not matching up with the vinatge line in the case of the birds and the giants. Bring on Evilseed I say!

The question will be, which version?

The 200X Evil Seed was terrific!

The Filmation one may be highly demanded, but I'm not a fan of his design there.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

If he comes I prefer the MYP version. They can add the Filmation head.

The best way to deal with this is to make him as the 200x version using the MOTUC buck, then giving him the filmation head and brown cloak (similar to Marlena) to cover up his body, in the filmation series, you never even see his body under the cloak, that way if you want to make him the the filmation version, give him the cloak and filmation head and if you want the 200x version just take off the cloak and give him his new head, maybe a a shoulder pads to give him that high collar around his neck. Its the easiest way to give you both versions in one figure, u choose how to display him. No need to make 2 versions, just takes away from different figures.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    The best way to deal with this is to make him as the 200x version using the MOTUC buck, then giving him the filmation head and brown cloak (similar to Marlena) to cover up his body, in the filmation series, you never even see his body under the cloak, that way if you want to make him the the filmation version, give him the cloak and filmation head and if you want the 200x version just take off the cloak and give him his new head, maybe a a shoulder pads to give him that high collar around his neck. Its the easiest way to give you both versions in one figure, u choose how to display him. No need to make 2 versions, just takes away from different figures.
    A great idea! Would Evil Seed have any other weapons or accessories? I could see extras being a reason why they wouldn't do something like what you've suggested.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...Given a choice, MYP/200X version FTW! The Filmation version looked rediculous and unthreatening. But, If they can cost it out to include a robe (soft goods is the only plausible & remotely accurate way to do it) and a "Filmationesque" head. That way, everybody gets to be happy!

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    I'm for Filmation myself, its a unique look, and his episode was one of the best episodes. He pretty much took everyone down, good and evil, and it took both He-man and Skeletor putting aside their differences to stop him, he was that much of a threat. I would be down with them doing 200x, I'd probably use those as his foot soldiers.

Give him a waist like hsss. He could be myp version, minus collar, but come with a film head, lower body, and cloak.

He doesn't have weapons so I think it's plausible, best of both worlds.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Was just about to post this very thing. Excellent idea.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Nailed it!!! I want both, really, though the Filmation version is far more interesting to me.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    this is one of the characters where I hate the fact that we now have Filmation rights
    Same.
    However, I'd say just do two heads on an amalgamated body. That should make everyone happy.
    As for accessories, give him interchangeable hands/arms in various plant weapon shapes. Hmm, that gives me an idea for a story.

200x please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

however the 200x version has the spikes on his legs and arms which would be harder to cover up with his cloak.

I'd only be interested in a 200x/modern Evilseed figure in MOTUC.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    He is a popular character with many fans so yeah I think Mattel should make him! Again the Filmation version would be off limits But the 200k version sculpted as though he had an original 80's figure that was updated for the MOTUC line would rock! A Moss Man vs Evil Seed two pack would be amazinng!
    Absolutely signed!

I hope that if they do make Evilseed he will be more 200x than filmation.