Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 148

Thread: They should make Evilseed into a figure.

  1. #51
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,772
    was thinking about accessories for evilseed.
    detachable/swap-able vine hand, plant blade hand & thorny vines to entrap his enemy's.

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior Neal1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    563
    I wouldn't mind both versions, but if push came to shove I'd prefer the 200x version by some distance.
    Anyway, it's cool that we'll be getting him at some point.

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,839
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I'm in the camp for the Filmation version. He was a far more interesting character; the 2002 version fell into the common trap of "generic big bad who wants to capture Grayskull and is majorly powered up." Filmation's Evilseed was a bit more dangerous to my mind, as he was actually trying to begin a plant revolution, which likely would have meant no more animal life. A fanatic with a cause he sees as right can be a trully powerful foe. As far as the look goes, the 2002 version reminds me way too much of the animated version of Swamp Thing, so he feels way too derivative. Filmation's asparagus head was a pretty unique look.
    Bingo!..........
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  4. #54
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,700
    I'd actually like to see a mix of the two designs if that's possible.

    Love the more monster body the Filmation version had.
    Love the spikes and tendrils of the MYP guy. I tend to like more his head design a little better too.

    Maybe the Classics version is his own thing? "As though he were produced in the 80's!"

    So with that last sentence, it'd be cool if he had two pairs of legs, a reverse if you will of Hiss, more like Mermista, where his legs could be switched out for vines and stuff?

    I'm just ramblin' don't mind me.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,839
    I think we need two dolls:

    EvilSeed
    and
    SeedofEvilSeed

    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  6. #56
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    I wouldn't mind both versions, but if push came to shove I'd prefer the 200x version by some distance.
    Anyway, it's cool that we'll be getting him at some point.
    I'm definitely pulling for the MYP Evilseed. It looked bad@$$!!! The walking vegetable wasn't my cup of tea even when I was 8 years old.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 11, 2011 at 09:20pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    85
    200X all the way.No contest

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior Rassilon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    175
    Yup 200x for sure! But we never seen the Filmation body so couldn't we just make an interchangeable head? What if they looked the same underneath? Also he should come with an extra hand shooting those purple vines AND a little baby killer plant!

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    1,955
    200x all the way absolutely

  10. #60
    Queer Sorcerer Telkan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    The best way to deal with this is to make him as the 200x version using the MOTUC buck, then giving him the filmation head and brown cloak (similar to Marlena) to cover up his body, in the filmation series, you never even see his body under the cloak, that way if you want to make him the the filmation version, give him the cloak and filmation head and if you want the 200x version just take off the cloak and give him his new head, maybe a a shoulder pads to give him that high collar around his neck. Its the easiest way to give you both versions in one figure, u choose how to display him. No need to make 2 versions, just takes away from different figures.
    This is the same thought I have--I think this is one of those rare cases where Matty can easily meet the wants of both Filmation and 200X fans in one-shot. As far as accessories go (in addition to the second head and robe): maybe a "bag" of magic seeds (Filmation) and some bendy vines to "shoot out" from his hands and feet.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

    Zoar28, Facebook


  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,862
    200x Evil Seed for the win !

  12. #62
    Heroic Warrior He-Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    2,865
    200X for sure! IMO Filmation is tragic by comparison – fish lips on an asparagus head.

    Evilseed isn’t A-list enough to warrant two releases. I wouldn’t mind an extra Filmation head (to keep others happy) and maybe a cloak, but the design needs to be 200X IMO. He is one of the characters that I’m really looking forward to.

  13. #63
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    200X for sure! IMO Filmation is tragic by comparison – fish lips on an asparagus head.

    Evilseed isn’t A-list enough to warrant two releases. I wouldn’t mind an extra Filmation head (to keep others happy) and maybe a cloak, but the design needs to be 200X IMO. He is one of the characters that I’m really looking forward to.
    Yeah, seeing what inspiration the 4H can bring to an Asparagus headsculpt is frightening!

    I think they should save the Asparagus for a spin-off line called Filmation Classics.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  14. #64
    Our Universe a Sunder! Veebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    722
    FilMation version is much cooler design, he would be like nothing else in the display. That is the Evilseed that I want, original first. Plus, as some have already noted, his characterization was much better than the MYP version.

  15. #65
    Musculation Master Jokubas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    168
    Personally, I think both of their heads look utterly ridiculous. He was still a memorable character, though, that deserves some figure or another.

  16. #66
    Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    727
    I'm a big fan of the '80 cartoons and toys and I always like to see many vintage feats in the Classics line. However, Evilseed is one of the few exceptions. Although I like his part in the original toons as well as in the new ones. As far as the design goes, I guess 4H is confronted with a real challenge here: if they could succeed in mixing some part of the original Evilseed (his toon version I mean, since he was never released as a toy) with the new one, that could be one hell of a figure. BUT, if I had to vote: a) 100% old school or b) 100% new school, I would most definitely go for the latter. 100% old school is just to silly, imo.
    Further more I agree with Kylun Flac: give us vines and stuff :-)
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

  17. #67
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,105
    200x for sure never cared for the Filmation Evil Seed.
    But what accessories do you think? Would a mini-evil seed be too much? I mean it would only be like getting a torso with Hssss. A thorned staff and sword would also be cool.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  18. #68
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    200x for sure never cared for the Filmation Evil Seed.
    But what accessories do you think? Would a mini-evil seed be too much? I mean it would only be like getting a torso with Hssss. A thorned staff and sword would also be cool.
    i would dig a 2-pack like that

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior THE RAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    420
    i so want to have an Evil-Seed
    i really like the character
    would prefere the MYP-style
    something like this:


  20. #70
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    FilMation version is much cooler design, he would be like nothing else in the display. That is the Evilseed that I want, original first. Plus, as some have already noted, his characterization was much better than the MYP version.
    Well, to each their own. Although I grew up on filmation, it isn't the end all be all for me.

    For example, the filmation Roboto was a duck-billed robot who walked and talked with the characterization of a 1950's b-flick robot. Being from a place called Robotica didn't help any. Some would say that this filmation background story is superior to MYP's Chess playing strategist. I'd strongly disagree, but there are those who would say it.

    Obviously, I disagree with your stance on filmation's Evilseed. I never liked the Asparagus headed character or his story but I did like the way they animated his demise. I think it was some of the best animation in the He-Man series.

    Quote Originally Posted by THE RAW View Post
    i so want to have an Evil-Seed
    i really like the character
    would prefere the MYP-style
    something like this:
    Getting an Evil-Seed like that would ROCK!
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 12, 2011 at 07:44pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  21. #71
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,811
    How about the MO2K body with a removable Filmation cloak, and interchangeable heads?
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  22. #72
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,659
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    How about the MO2K body with a removable Filmation cloak, and interchangeable heads?

    I'd be all for it! In the past, I have noticed that there were some on these forums who had a problem with Mattel including the additional Mer-Man or Whiplash head because they didn't like it.

    No one was forcing them to use the head, they weren't being charged extra for the additional head, and it wasn't even on the figure in package but there were still those who were upset it was included at all. It seemed pretty selfish to me.

    Hey Mattel, quit giving us additional AND OPTIONAL stuff for free!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  23. #73
    Elder Councilman
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Sandusky, OH
    Posts
    3,811
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I'd be all for it! In the past, I have noticed that there were some on these forums who had a problem with Mattel including the additional Mer-Man or Whiplash head because they didn't like it.

    No one was forcing them to use the head, they weren't being charged extra for the additional head, and it wasn't even on the figure in package but there were still those who were upset it was included at all. It seemed pretty selfish to me.

    Hey Mattel, quit giving us additional AND OPTIONAL stuff for free!
    Glad I could find a solution everyone liked!

    I personally prefer his Filmation look simply due to the symbolizing of it being from one of my all time favorite episodes.

    I can see why people like the MO2K look though; so let's combine the best of both worlds; the Horsemen have shown fully capable
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

  24. #74
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by facet
    The best way to deal with this is to make him as the 200x version using the MOTUC buck, then giving him the filmation head and brown cloak (similar to Marlena) to cover up his body, in the filmation series, you never even see his body under the cloak, that way if you want to make him the the filmation version, give him the cloak and filmation head and if you want the 200x version just take off the cloak and give him his new head, maybe a a shoulder pads to give him that high collar around his neck. Its the easiest way to give you both versions in one figure, u choose how to display him. No need to make 2 versions, just takes away from different figures.

    didnt even occur to me. very nice idea for keeping it a single figure.
    i do hope matty get would about these ideas.

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior AmericanLegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina, Earth.
    Posts
    302
    That's a great idea, I'd be down for that. Though I gotta say when I first saw the 200x version I immediately wanted a figure with a removable shell like when he first appears, that would rock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •