Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: They should make Evilseed into a figure.

200X Evil seed would only need 5 New pieces:
    Head, Torso "Armor" and "Loincloth, and Weapons
    Using the Clawful base Troso, Snakeface shoulders, King Hssss Biceps and Thighs, whiplash forearms, Skeletor's right hand,Spikor's left hand,Demo man shins and feet.
    Having the vine-based weapons plug into his left arm a la Spikor would give him a sort of action feature as well.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    200X Evil seed would only need 5 New pieces:
    Head, Torso "Armor" and "Loincloth, and Weapons
    Using the Clawful base Troso, Snakeface shoulders, King Hssss Biceps and Thighs, whiplash forearms, Skeletor's right hand,Spikor's left hand,Demo man shins and feet.
    Having the vine-based weapons plug into his left arm a la Spikor would give him a sort of action feature as well.
    Right no!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Snappy Threader
    Surely Evil Seed will come sooner than later....right? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Surely Evil Seed will come sooner than later....right? Maybe?
    Maybe, but likely not until 2016 and beyond.
    Anything is possible, but no plans right now.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Evilseed is one of my biggest hopes in the line and for me it should be the MYP version. I know he has a lot of Filmation support, but I loved him in the 200X show and want to be able to recreat the masters Of Evil group. The onion-headed scrawny dude just isn't the same to me. I have seen a lot of people say we can get two heads for him but I am unsure if they will be able to make that mesh.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

TG already said if and when they get to him, he is the perfect candidate for two heads.Since you never see his body in Filmation (except for a Model Sheet) They would include him with a Brown Cloak (similar to Marlena' Green one) for his Filmation look, (Later could be used for Master Sebrian), then underneath the cloak, give him his 200x body. I think the horse will do an amazing job on him and this will definitely be one of those figure everyone will love.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    TG already said if and when they get to him, he is the perfect candidate for two heads.Since you never see his body in Filmation (except for a Model Sheet) They would include him with a Brown Cloak (similar to Marlena' Green one) for his Filmation look, (Later could be used for Master Sebrian), then underneath the cloak, give him his 200x body. I think the horse will do an amazing job on him and this will definitely be one of those figure everyone will love.

That would be a huge mistake and shows why Scott shouldn't be making design decisions when it comes to figures. The Filmation version and MYP version have completely different body builds. The Filmation version isn't muscular, it's slender. Having the Filmation head on a muscular body wouldn't look right at all. On the flip side, putting a full cloak over the MYP body, which is more muscular, would look really bad also. To do either design justice, they NEED to be separate figures. Since we most likely won't see a Filmation variant of Count Marzo, they should give us the Filmation version (Filmation only, no hybrids) of Evilseed.

It seems like the line has always chosen to release the more popular version of any figure. In this case I would think Evilseed's Filmation look is more widely known.

Yet my guess is that they would release a MYP style figure because I can't think of any other buck they could use to create him and I can't imagine they will create a new buck just to release him. They could reuse a female's buck...
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I'm really hoping Evil seed is the 200x character for this year.

The 200X prison i think look like the vintage Evilseed!
    But the 200X design is much better and made more sense as the vintage cabbage

...but maybe can the 4H made a vintage Version big head posible...

i would love a 200X Evilseed as MOTUC with his prison as extra armor
    Last edited by ˛He-Ro; April 17, 2013 at 11:21pm.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

I think EvilSeed can easily be done by doing new head legs and arms pieces with vines but the main thing would be using the trap-jaw buck with removable arms, his chest would have armor to represent his 200x look. then remove his armor arms and head, then for the filmation look new head, arms and cloak

Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post
    I think EvilSeed can easily be done by doing new head legs and arms pieces with vines but the main thing would be using the trap-jaw buck with removable arms, his chest would have armor to represent his 200x look. then remove his armor arms and head, then for the filmation look new head, arms and cloak
    That's practically 2 whole figures what's easy about that! New pieces -head legs arms new armor for chest then head arms and cloak for filmation? Lets have two figures and be done with it. BUT lets test the waters with 200x please because he's cooler looking. All other opinions on this matter are wrong .
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Evil Seed is essential and he does make up the all star line-up for '14-'15. I would believe the best way to go about him is with his MYP design with some Filmation add-ons (head and cloak). They can use Modulok's parts as a base buck as he is slimmer than the standard buck and a great reuse of those parts. Tool any new pieces necessary. Make him mostly 200x with a spiked vine weapon, add in a slip on cloak (like SW Black Darth Maul) with an alternate Filmation to recreate both looks and voila! Ultimate Evil Seed is done to make both versions.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Come on, this is ridicules! Why have we not gotten ES yet?

one of my very top wants from the begining, still waiting.

I feel like he is a Major (minor) character and is being held for precisely that reason.

So 2014, it must happen. It must.

Look at how the clothes fit over Seahawk's chest. It's bulky, because it is trying to fit over that male buck torso. Now imagine a whole cloak doing that over the 200X Evilseed...it wouldn't look right.

If they are going to make Evilseed, they need to choose a version and be faithful to it, without trying to get both in one design. Do a straight MYP Evilseed or a straight Filmation Evilseed. Not both.

OR, do a 2-pack with both full versions, so everyone is happy.

They are in a lose-lose situation with this guy. People are going to be very angry no matter which version is made.

If 200x gets both Marzo and Evilseed, I know I'll be pretty annoyed.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    They are in a lose-lose situation with this guy. People are going to be very angry no matter which version is made.

If 200x gets both Marzo and Evilseed, I know I'll be pretty annoyed.
    I agree, but I am more willing to have a straight translation of MYP Evilseed than some bad attempt to mix the two versions together.

It is only fair for us Filmation fans to receive the Filmation version of Evilseed first, since we most likely won't see a Filmation Count Marzo.

OR, they could offer a SDCC exclusive Filmation variant multi-pack, which could have a combo of Count Marzo, Clawful, Evilseed, Tung Lasher, or Hordak. That would ROCK! I'd by a 3-pack, 4-pack or even a 5-pack of those.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    It is only fair for us Filmation fans to receive the Filmation version of Evilseed first, since we most likely won't see a Filmation Count Marzo.
    This year we received 2 Filmation figures in Club Eternia and 6 Filmation figures in the Club Filmation sub. Compare that to Lord Dactys, the only MYP figure we're getting this year. An 8 to 1 ratio isn't fair either so I think getting an MYP Evil Seed is more than a fair trade off since Filmation is getting A LOT more figures.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Have to agree with MasterCollector. It does seem a bit lopsided in Filmations favour at this point. Evil Seed would make a great 200X addition imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I agree, but I am more willing to have a straight translation of MYP Evilseed than some bad attempt to mix the two versions together.

OR, they could offer a SDCC exclusive Filmation variant multi-pack, which could have a combo of Count Marzo, Clawful, Evilseed, Tung Lasher, or Hordak. That would ROCK! I'd by a 3-pack, 4-pack or even a 5-pack of those.

I am a huge fan of Filmation but I agree with Mattel when they choose 200x version of Count Marzo to be the MOTUC figure....on the other hand, I hope they choose Filmation Evilseed since that's by far the best incarnation of this character IMO.

Unfortunately 200x Evilseed is a generic villain and will be a generic action figure...the Filmation one has style and is a wonderful character...and he has an artichoke head !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg:3345338

I am a huge fan of Filmation but I agree with Mattel when they choose 200x version of Count Marzo to be the MOTUC figure....on the other hand, I hope they choose Filmation Evilseed since that's by far the best incarnation of this character IMO.

Unfortunately 200x Evilseed is a generic villain and will be a generic action figure...the Filmation one has style and is a wonderful character...and he has an artichoke head !!!
    I love all the Filmation characters we're getting, I'm still pulling for more Filmation PoP and another Filmation mini-sub. With Evil Seed though, you can't get more generic than a cloaked figure with no detail on him other than a uniquely styled head as the only best part of him. One giant robe and a head will look pretty bland, even if the head sculpt would be cool. The MYP version has much better detail all around, a more menacing vibe to him and I believe he'll fit much better among the rogues gallery of He-man. He's the better representation of that character along with Miro which surpasses Filmation design.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    But as "generic" as you saw him, MYP Evilseed was in 4 episodes of MYP as opposed to the one and done appearance of Filmation Evilseed. Looking at it from that perspective, Filmation Evilseed was no different than any of Filmation's other independent villains.

Watching that episode again recently, I realized that Skeletor, not Evilseed was the star of the episode. Some of Filmation Skeletor's best lines of comic relief come from that episode. So even in his own Filmation episode, Evilseed took a back seat to Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    With Evil Seed though, you can't get more generic than a cloaked figure with no detail on him other than a uniquely styled head as the only best part of him. One giant robe and a head will look pretty bland, even if the head sculpt would be cool. The MYP version has much better detail all around, a more menacing vibe to him and I believe he'll fit much better among the rogues gallery of He-man. He's the better representation of that character along with Miro which surpasses Filmation design.
    Agreed. The MYP Evilseed design would lend itself much better to the MOTUC aesthetic.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    But as "generic" as you saw him, MYP Evilseed was in 4 episodes of MYP as opposed to the one and done appearance of Filmation Evilseed. Looking at it from that perspective, Filmation Evilseed was no different than any of Filmation's other independent villains.

Watching that episode again recently, I realized that Skeletor, not Evilseed was the star of the episode. Some of Filmation Skeletor's best lines of comic relief come from that episode. So even in his own Filmation episode, Evilseed took a back seat to Skeletor.

Agreed. The MYP Evilseed design would lend itself much better to the MOTUC aesthetic.

The fact Evilseed is an independent villain (like Batros for example) works very good in my book ! I love the one-shot Filmation characters like Strongarm, Fang Man, Batros, Chopper, Icer, Shokoti and...Evilseed. He is very cartoony character and, as I said, I am a huge fan of old cartoon...

'Evilseed' episode is among the fan-choice top 10 episodes because of its pretty good animation of Evilseed and Skeletor...some scenes are memorable like Evilseed's death and the He-Man, Sorceress, Orko and Skeletor team-up on the top of Castle Grayskull...and I really don't need to spell the name of the episode !

In the MYP episode where Evilseed was first shown, I think the star is Moss Man (or at least, ES tied with him) !
    But I really liked the way that story was written...both Moss Man and Evilseed are great in that show. My problem with 200x ES is his design ! Much generic to me...an ordinary figure !
    The other 3 episodes are not independent episodes...so, it's not wrong to say he appears in only two different stories....

Years ago, I remember ToyGuru saying when or if Mattel release Evilseed, his (TG) preference would be MYP version....
    Even if Mattel do a contest (like they did with the colors of Swift Wind and Granamyr), the MYP version would be eventually (unfortunately) the winner !

The only way Filmation Evilseed be released as MOTUC is Mattel decides to do both versions, IMO !
    That's the only way for us, Filmation fans....

'Evilseed' episode is among the fan-choice top 10 episodes because of its pretty good animation of Evilseed and Skeletor...some scenes are memorable like Evilseed's death and the He-Man, Sorceress, Orko and Skeletor team-up on the top of Castle Grayskull...and I really don't need to spell the name of the episode !
    I'd agree that the death scene of Filmation Evilseed was nicely done. The teaming up part wasn't that memorable for me because the amount of water they needed to turn into snow would barely fill an Olympic sized swimming pool. What was memorable was all of the good(funny) lines Skeletor had in the episode.

In the MYP episode where Evilseed was first shown, I think the star is Moss Man (or at least, ES tied with him) !
    But I really liked the way that story was written...both Moss Man and Evilseed are great in that show. My problem with 200x ES is his design ! Much generic to me...an ordinary figure !
    The other 3 episodes are not independent episodes...so, it's not wrong to say he appears in only two different stories....
    Since the name of the MYP episode was "Orko's Garden" and not "Evilseed", I'd say it was meant to serve as an introduction for both Mossman and Evilseed, so having them both share the spotlight seemed appropriate. Whether you consider the two "Council of Evil" episodes and the "Last Stand" episode as only one appearance, doesn't negate the fact that in MYP, Evilseed was considered important enough to have more than one appearance, which makes him a standout villain in MYP.

I always find it interesting that the words "generic" and "bland" are used to describe MYP Evilseed even though we saw a full figure design as opposed to a large cloak with a head. The unique artichoke head aside, what's not bland or generic about a cloak?