Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: They should make Evilseed into a figure.

I don't think going for a 2-for-1 can work with Evil Seed.

I'll lean towards the 200X design because it looks more like a killer plant being than the plain robe wearing plant flasher from Filmation.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I'll lean towards the 200X design because it looks more like a killer plant being than the plain robe wearing plant flasher from Filmation.
    This is the same way I see 91% of the design of Filmation Evilseed. A large brown robe is not unique or even interesting as a design element. The head is the only part of the design that's unique. That said, I've had many artichokes on the dinner table in my life and nothing about them ever seemed evil, sinister, calculating, or deadly. Had I thought otherwise, I'd get professional help for my lachanophobia.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I think you underestimate the uniqueness of the Filmation Evilseed and the generic look of the MYP Evilseed. Honestly, 200x Evilseed is completely unremarkable.

The Filmation episode is also one of the best of the series. It would be a shame to not have the figure to mark that quality.

All that said, it's up to Matty. I hope they stick to their word on 200x, but they've demonstrated repeatedly that MYP designs are going to creep into this line from time to time.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I think you underestimate the uniqueness of the Filmation Evilseed and the generic look of the MYP Evilseed. Honestly, 200x Evilseed is completely unremarkable.
    Fair enough, but I see a full head-to-toe designed MYP Evilseed as being less generic than a large brown robe with a head. I don't think you can get any less remarkable than a large brown robe. There is nothing unique about a nondescript brown robe, even when worn by an artichoke.

I hope they stick to their word on 200x, but they've demonstrated repeatedly that MYP designs are going to creep into this line from time to time.
    It was MYP King Grayskull that started the Classics line. Even the first "bonus" figure in the classics line was MYP Zodak. How can MYP designs OR characters creep into a line that was started with an MYP character with MYP design elements?
    Last edited by MasterCollector; October 6, 2013 at 11:44pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

This is memorable !

Evilseed without his cloak (thanks to James Eatock and his wonderful blog!)

Evilseed sem manto.png

Evilseed's death (again, thanks to James Eatock)

Evilseed's death.jpg

Mysterious being

Evilseed Filmation II.png

The Great Evilseed

Evilseed Filmation III.png

Memorable Animation

Evilseed Filmation.png

Evilseed Filmation I.png
    Last edited by Monteeg; October 7, 2013 at 07:09pm.

Matter of opinion. For me the Filmation is the bland design whereas 200X has more going on and is more interesting. All I can see Filmation Evil Seed has going for him is his bud-like head and a plain brown robe. 200X has a more varied design and is more unique imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

? what is SO generic about 200x? I think he stands out quite well. Now you add the FHM adding a sculpt to that and he's gonna surprise you in a OMG that's awesome!! kind of way. As for people thinking the Filmation version is so great... well... your WRONG!!! the end. The episode itself was awesome and clearly a favorite by Many here myself included But if I get a filmation Evilseed and not an MYP one. I'll be miffed even more so if they put them together because I don't know what I'd customize the old one into. because I NEED 200X EVILSEED!!!
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    This is memorable !

Evilseed without his cloak (thanks to James Eatock and his wonderful blog!)

Evilseed sem manto.png
    This wasn't on the show... so it's not Memorable if you can't see it.

Evilseed's death (again, thanks to James Eatock)

Evilseed's death.jpg
    Again, having to go to Mr. Eatock's site doesn't make it memorable. If it HAD BEEN on the show, then we'd sing a different tune
    Mysterious being

Evilseed Filmation II.png
    It's a dude in a cloak, there's so many things that it could be. Sith Lord, Jawa, a REALLY Old Eldor, Obi wan before revealing himself... sorry, but this Extremely Plain look makes Dekker look Special...

The Great Evilseed

Evilseed Filmation III.png
    If Filmation had shown us the Naked Evil Seed, I'd agree. Right now it's an Artichoke head on a robe. what makes the Artichoke on a robe worthy of being an action figure. If he had been a MOTU toy in the 80s what would have been his action feature?

I have to agree with that point. this episode had some great animation.

I'm not criticizing people liking the Filmation Evil Seed more than the 200X version. I'm just criticizing the opinion that a Generic brown robe is more interesting and less generic than an anthropomorphic Thornbush.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

For me it's not close.

The Filmation version looks more mysterious, more interesting, and a lot more unique.

The MYP version looks like a failed version of the Floronic Man or a henchman of Poison Ivy. MYP's design could have appeared on a dozen different shows. Filmation's is uniquely He-Man.
    WTB:

The Filmation version had character to it. I agree with jscott about the MYP design. It feels uninspired.

For the people that don't like Filmation Evilseed because of his robe, how do you feel about Shadow Weaver and her entirely cloaked body? Sure, you can call it a dress, or a robe, or a shroud. But, in the end, it covers her up just as much as Evilseed. If you're saying it is boring compared to the design of Shadow Weaver's clothing, sure. But that doesn't mean the sculpt would be. The 4H could rock this design.

Now, instead of having a debate over which version is better, why not support the idea of making both as separate figures, so everyone gets what they want? How about a multi-pack that has the Filmation version in a thin cloaked body, the 200X version in the more muscular thorn body, and then the concept cartoon body, with vines and bulb-like lower torso; which can have the Filmation head attach too? That would be the ULTIMATE and best way to do Evilseed.

You'd cover the Filmation fans, the MYP fans, and even those that love the concept characters.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    ? what is SO generic about 200x? I think he stands out quite well. Now you add the FHM adding a sculpt to that and he's gonna surprise you in a OMG that's awesome!! kind of way. As for people thinking the Filmation version is so great... well... your WRONG!!!
    I can totally understand someone preferring a design because they like it more or maybe just see it that way due to nostalgia so I'd never try to change anyone's opinion. It's when someone knocks the MYP Evilseed as being "bland" or "generic" while at the same time heaping praise on the amazing detail and unique style aesthetic of a large brown robe that makes shake my head.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a dude in a cloak, there's so many things that it could be. Sith Lord, Jawa, a REALLY Old Eldor, Obi wan before revealing himself... sorry, but this Extremely Plain look makes Dekker look Special...
    It could also be a monk from the local monestary. The one thing that can be agreed upon by most people worldwide, is that a large plain brown robe is NOT unique, exciting, flashy, visually stimulating, or interesting.

Now the death of Evilseed was nicely animated but that doesn't make his design any better.

I'm not criticizing people liking the Filmation Evil Seed more than the 200X version. I'm just criticizing the opinion that a Generic brown robe is more interesting and less generic than an anthropomorphic Thornbush.
    This is EXACTLY my position on Evilseed. If 90% of a characters design is a nondescript brown robe, the argument that its design is superior to a fully designed AND SHOWN version has very little foundation to stand on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    For the people that don't like Filmation Evilseed because of his robe, how do you feel about Shadow Weaver and her entirely cloaked body? Sure, you can call it a dress, or a robe, or a shroud. But, in the end, it covers her up just as much as Evilseed. If you're saying it is boring compared to the design of Shadow Weaver's clothing, sure. But that doesn't mean the sculpt would be. The 4H could rock this design.
    In regards to Shadow Weaver, we have only been given one option so I just accept Shadow Weaver as is. Evilseed is an entirely different story. That said, I can not imagine how the 4H could "rock" a Filmation Evilseed when he's just a cloak. It's not like Shadow Weaver is considered one of the best sculpts of the Classics line. She doesn't even have legs so I place her pretty far down on my list of sculpting favorites.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; October 8, 2013 at 12:56am.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I can totally understand someone preferring a design because they like it more or maybe just see it that way due to nostalgia so I'd never try to change anyone's opinion. It's when someone knocks the MYP Evilseed as being "bland" or "generic" while at the same time heaping praise on the amazing detail and unique style aesthetic of a large brown robe that makes shake my head.

- - - Updated - - -

It could also be a monk from the local monestary. The one thing that can be agreed upon by most people worldwide, is that a large plain brown robe is NOT unique, exciting, flashy, visually stimulating, or interesting.

Now the death of Evilseed was nicely animated but that doesn't make his design any better.

This is EXACTLY my position on Evilseed. If 90% of a characters design is a nondescript brown robe, the argument that its design is superior to a fully designed AND SHOWN version has very little foundation to stand on.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to Shadow Weaver, we have only been given one option so I just accept Shadow Weaver as is. Evilseed is an entirely different story. That said, I can not imagine how the 4H could "rock" a Filmation Evilseed when he's just a cloak. It's not like Shadow Weaver is considered one of the best sculpts of the Classics line. She doesn't even have legs so I place her pretty far down on my list of sculpting favorites.
    This is not amazing detail.
    Evilseed2000.jpg

It's rather simplistic, actually and angular. The Filmation version will translate better in figure form and "fit in" with the rest of the MOTU characters, where is the MYP designs have always stood out; Faceless One's armor, Count Marzo's Armor and hair, Chief Carnivus' hair, Lord Dactys' armor, etc. Don't get me wrong, the 4H did perfect translations of the animation designs to figures, but it's all angular and lacking the details the vintage figures have. These have been comments made by many collectors over the years. The only figures this isn't true with is King Grayskull and Zodak, thankfully. But, it helps when the majority of the figure, including armor, is a reuse of the vintage figures. At least with the Filmation version of Evilseed, the robe can have a nice cloth texture to it, and the hands can be skinny and root-like, and the head details are way more intricate. The MYP version, if they follow how they handled other MYP characters, will be smooth with angular brown veins and spikes. It won't look like it belongs in this toy line. At least, that's how I feel.

But regardless, you are stating one design is worse, because the character wears a cloak. It's the overall design. The cloak works with that character. He has such a wild, unique head and thin fingered hands that the cloak balances it out. They work perfectly together as a whole. That's what makes for a good character design; balance. To say he is boring because of it is simply your opinion, not fact. As is my opinion that I find the MYP version to be a generic plant monster. But opinions, one way or another, shouldn't try to prevent one collector from receiving a character they want.

At this point, you're just arguing to argue, and it's just so you can make one version look bad so you can get the version you want. We get it.

That's why I have always suggested we should get both as separate figures. I want everyone to have what they like. If they can't come in a 2-pack, then at least let the full Filmation version be released first, and here is why; the MYP fans have already received their version of Count Marzo. So, let the Filmation fans have Evilseed. Especially since it is likely we won't see a Filmation Count Marzo any time soon. I just think it would be fair, since they were used in both cartoons - give us one version from either series; we already have a MYP Count Marzo, now give us a Filmation Evilseed.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; October 8, 2013 at 01:46am.

It's rather simplistic, actually and angular. The Filmation version will translate better in figure form and "fit in" with the rest of the MOTU characters
    It may not be amazing detail but nevertheless, it is more detail than a large brown robe. MYP Evilseed could be made using the standard buck with armor so I don't agree that the skinny hands and over-sized head on a large brown robe will translate better OR fit in with the Classics collection. If you think Count Marzo's hair stands out, but and over-sized artichoke head wouldn't, there is no possible way we could even find a middle ground on this subject. Again, MYP Evilseed can be easily made with the standard buck with standard hands.

But regardless, you are stating one design is worse, because the character wears a cloak. It's the overall design. The cloak works with that character. He has such a wild, unique head and thin fingered hands that the cloak balances it out.

At this point, you're just arguing to argue, and it's just so you can make one version look bad so you can get the version you want. We get it.
    I don't think you get it. Using the words "bland" or "generic" to describe an actual head-to-toe design like MYP Evilseed while at the same time stating that a design that is 90% brown robe is less bland or generic is unjustifiable.

Every time I see the words "bland" or "generic" in regards to MYP Evilseed, I look for a rational explanation from these very critics of how a figure that is almost entirely a nondescript robe is a more superior or interesting design.

So, let the Filmation fans have Evilseed. Especially since it is likely we won't see a Filmation Count Marzo any time soon. I just think it would be fair, since they were used in both cartoons - give us one version from either series; we already have a MYP Count Marzo, now give us a Filmation Evilseed.
    So getting an 8 to 1 figure advantage over MYP in 2013 doesn't go into this equation of fairness I'm guessing? To be fair, Filmation fans should get their own 6 figure sub, plus 2 additional Filmation figures in the regular sub, AND Filmation Evilseed first? Yeah, that seems fair!

Now if they drop any possible 2014 Filmation inspired sub and give us a Club MYP(Veena, Prahvus, Calix, Hawke, Ceratus, Stingrad) as well as two additional MYP figures in Club Eternia(Queen Andreeno and Kulatak warrior), we'll be able to talk "fair" in MOTUC. As it stands now, saying it's "fair" to get a Filmation Evilseed first is having your cake and eating it too.

I'm okay with your suggestion of giving fans both, but with the overabundance of Filmation wants being satisfied, an MYP Evilseed should be first.

Let's also not forget the 4 to 1 results of which one is preferred if ORG fans have to choose between the two.

And let's also not forget the poll conducted by the ORG on favorite 200X characters that had over 1000 votes where MYP Evilseed dominated the polls as the top potential MYP character. In Filmation, Evilseed has NOT been the most requested character, that would be Madam Razz.

Taking all of this into account, it looks like MYP Evilseed is clearly the most wanted of the two here at the ORG and should be released first.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; October 8, 2013 at 03:37am.

The Filmation version had character to it. I agree with jscott about the MYP design. It feels uninspired.
    Really? A Brown robe is far more inspired than a Living thornbush?

Apples to oranges. Shadow Weaver's design is rather plain, but the thing that makes her desirable is her Character appearanceS. (and the rarity of being a Sub-Exclusive). The thing is that it's not about how much clothing the character is wearing, but what do the clothes tell you about the character. You look at Batros' clothing, you see Bat Dude, you look at Icer's few garments and they say Ice dude, Nepthu = Egyptian Pharaoh...I want to know how Full Body Robe = Plant man? Yes, the Horsemen can make a nice robed body, but again: Does Brown Robe = Plant Creature?

Now, instead of having a debate over which version is better, why not support the idea of making both as separate figures, so everyone gets what they want? How about a multi-pack that has the Filmation version in a thin cloaked body, the 200X version in the more muscular thorn body, and then the concept cartoon body, with vines and bulb-like lower torso; which can have the Filmation head attach too? That would be the ULTIMATE and best way to do Evilseed.
    You'd cover the Filmation fans, the MYP fans, and even those that love the concept characters.
    Didn't Neitlich say: No more 3 packs... Also, variants are taking a back seat right now. If we get Evil Seed, we're getting just ONE Version. The MYP version is more "Action Figure-like" than the Filmation one. Again, what makes the Artichoke on a robe worthy of being an action figure. If he had been a MOTU toy in the 80s what would have been his action feature?

Evilseed2000.jpg

It's rather simplistic, actually and angular.
    The Animation Style is Angular. Classics does soften up the angles a little bit.

an Idea of what 200X Evil Seed could look like while sharing a LOT of Parts. By reusing some parts you get the added details. (Sorry for the crude drawing)

The Filmation version will translate better in figure form and "fit in" with the rest of the MOTU characters, where is the MYP designs have always stood out; Faceless One's armor, Count Marzo's Armor and hair, Chief Carnivus' hair, Lord Dactys' armor, etc.
    No, it would not. It would be. Figures using Filmation designs ALSO Stand out for being UNDER-DETAILED...

Don't get me wrong, the 4H did perfect translations of the animation designs to figures, but it's all angular and lacking the details the vintage figures have.
    Where are all those "Extra Details" on Filmation Evil Seed... A Robe is not that detailed. Or Where are the details on Eternos Palace Randor, Shokoti, Icer, Batros, Marlena, Shadow Weaver?

These have been comments made by many collectors over the years.
    The same collectors that complain about POP not Fitting in because they are under detailed or NA not fitting because they are too sci-fi...

The only figures this isn't true with is King Grayskull and Zodak, thankfully. But, it helps when the majority of the figure, including armor, is a reuse of the vintage figures.
    And that's the problem. You're comparing the Unique characters to "variants". King Grayskull's look is pretty much "87 Movie He-Man" and Zodak is just a "Zodac repaint."

At least with the Filmation version of Evilseed, the robe can have a nice cloth texture to it, and the hands can be skinny and root-like, and the head details are way more intricate. The MYP version, if they follow how they handled other MYP characters, will be smooth with angular brown veins and spikes. It won't look like it belongs in this toy line. At least, that's how I feel.
    Like the nice Cloth Texture that Preternia Disguise He-Man, Shadow Weaver and Eternos Palace Randor have? Again, the "veins" or in Evil Seed's case, vines and THORNS are appropriate for a PLANT CREATURE THAT IS EVIL!!.

But regardless, you are stating one design is worse, because the character wears a cloak. It's the overall design. The cloak works with that character. He has such a wild, unique head and thin fingered hands that the cloak balances it out. They work perfectly together as a whole. That's what makes for a good character design; balance. To say he is boring because of it is simply your opinion, not fact. As is my opinion that I find the MYP version to be a generic plant monster. But opinions, one way or another, shouldn't try to prevent one collector from receiving a character they want.
    It's not BECAUSE HE WEARS A CLOAK... It's because he doesn't work as an ACTION FIGURE... The cloak makes him seem even MORE Generic... Once Again, What makes Filmation Evil Seed WORTHY of Being an Action Figure? IF He HAD BEEN A TOY in the 80s, what would have been his Action Feature?
    His proportions work as well as putting Ram Man's head on Shadow Weaver.

He's going to stand out MORE than Dactus, Carnivus, Marzo AND a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Figure on a MOTUC Display...

Also, if the design worked perfectly, we wouldn't be discussing this.

This quote can be applied to Team Robed Artichoke as well.

That's why I have always suggested we should get both as separate figures. I want everyone to have what they like. If they can't come in a 2-pack, then at least let the full Filmation version be released first, and here is why; the MYP fans have already received their version of Count Marzo. So, let the Filmation fans have Evilseed. Especially since it is likely we won't see a Filmation Count Marzo any time soon. I just think it would be fair, since they were used in both cartoons - give us one version from either series; we already have a MYP Count Marzo, now give us a Filmation Evilseed.
    Again, Variants are taking a back seat... The 2-in-1 Approach won't work due to the differences in size on the figures. WHY should the Filmation Evil Seed be released First (or as the ONLY Evil Seed since the Variants are being reduced greatly in classics)?
    Let's see:
    King Grayskull, Zodak, Carnivus, Marzo, Generic Snakemen 2 pack, SMAA, Griffin, Dekker, Dactus, Battle Lion. 11 figures since 2008 versus
    Adora, Shadow Weaver, Marlena, Shadow Beast, Eternos Palace Randor, Fangman, Octavia, Plundor, Icer, Batros, Shokoti, Nepthu, Sea Hawk, Strongarm, Scorpia and Possibly Huntara. (Not counting the Star Sisters, Horde Prime, the Palace Guards, or the POP figures based on their Filmation Looks: She-Ra, Bow, Castaspella, Catra, Frosta, Nettossa, Glimmer, swift wind)... Again, which faction is the one that is underrepresented?

Ignoring the "Fairness in the Factions" thing. What makes Filmation Evil Seed WORTHY of Being an Action Figure? IF He HAD BEEN A TOY in the 80s, what would have been his Action Feature?

Really? A Brown robe is far more inspired than a Living thornbush?

Ignoring the "Fairness in the Factions" thing. What makes Filmation Evil Seed WORTHY of Being an Action Figure? IF He HAD BEEN A TOY in the 80s, what would have been his Action Feature?
    In answer to your first question, yes, the Filmation Evilseed is much more inspired than the generic, spiky plant MYP design. MYP Evilseed will end up like Chief Whats-His-Name, Faceless One, and Marzo -- available for 10.99 on eBay.

As to your second point, why on Earth do you keep asking that? Who cares?

We should get the Filmation Evilseed. It's a key episode of the series. He's a memorable character. He stands out as unique (regardless of what people think of one aspect of his design). There's nothing to prevent 4H from doing a Marlena-type figure and having his Filmation body under the robe (which I think is much cooler looking than any aspect of the generic MYP design).

200x should be underrepresented. We've had it straight from Scott's mouth numerous times that Mattel would prefer it not be represented at all and just a quick search on eBay for 200x characters will show why.
    WTB:

In answer to your first question, yes, the Filmation Evilseed is much more inspired than the generic, spiky plant MYP design. MYP Evilseed will end up like Chief Whats-His-Name, Faceless One, and Marzo -- available for 10.99 on eBay.
    HOW is a Robed body more inspired? Where's the Originality in a brown robe? Can you explain that?

As to your second point, why on Earth do you keep asking that? Who cares?
    Why do I Ask? Simple: That's the only way you can judge a new Character entering MOTU. Photog has the telescoping Lens. Sir Laser-Lot would have been very likely similar to the Laser Figures. Cy-Chop would have been very likely to have spring-loaded scissors, Draego-Man would have either mimicked Saurod's feature, or flapping wings action. Spector had the popping blade action (like the ancient star wars figures). Most of MOTU is defined by Gimmicks. Battle Armor, Stinkor, Thunder Punch, Terror Claws, Smash Blade, Perfuma, Scareglow, FLIPshot, Rattlor, etc. Mattel should care. They are in the business of selling toys. A bland design such as Filmation Evil Seed NEEDS a Gimmick, otherwise he'd be a peg-warmer. (or Slow Seller if we use Matty terms) If you can't answer that, then you proved that Filmation Evil Seed is not Toy-Worthy. Simply appearing on a Filmation episode is not reason enough. (Otherwise you open the door to things like christmas Special kids, crackers the clown, chef allen, stanlan, etc.)

We should get the Filmation Evilseed. It's a key episode of the series. He's a memorable character. He stands out as unique (regardless of what people think of one aspect of his design). There's nothing to prevent 4H from doing a Marlena-type figure and having his Filmation body under the robe (which I think is much cooler looking than any aspect of the generic MYP design).
    I'll only concede that the Episode is memorable. Yes he stands out in the cartoon. He would stand out as a toy, but not in a good way... See my Ram man Head on Shadow Weaver Body as a reference on why the Filmation ES's proportions would look OFF as a toy. It's not one aspect. The proportions of the Character AS SEEN ON THE CARTOON simply do not work as a MOTUC Figure. The Robe just accentuates the "Generic" factor on the character. Icer, Batros, Strongarm, now those guys are more "unique" and scream ACTION FIGURE! Something that Filmation Evil Seed cannot do. BTW You're relying on an unused idea for Evil Seed to make him cooler., but I'll humor you. OK, so Filmation Evil Seed would need a brand new lanky buck that can detach at the waist, head and the shoulders, a brand new oversized head, a brand new "Robed Torso", brand new robed Lower body, brand new robed arms, brand new "naked arms" New Giant Plant Butt. That's a lot of tooling for the less popular version of Evil Seed. Wasting a Large Scaled Beast Slot on him would deny fans their Mantisaur, Stridor, Nightstalker or Sagitar.

From July 2, 2009 until January 8, 2013 Evil Seed only got 34 requests on Toyguru's If we could do Filmation characters thread. 3 /12 years for only 34 votes? The Evil Seed poll has 200X look beating the Filmation look 4:1 and some of the 2-in-1 votes lean to 200X if they have to choose one or the other.

200x should be underrepresented. We've had it straight from Scott's mouth numerous times that Mattel would prefer it not be represented at all and just a quick search on eBay for 200x characters will show why.
    He's also said that MOTUC is an ALL ENCOMPASSING Line... All Encompassing includes 200X. what has been "Retired" is the 200X Style... Excessively detailed and Angular bodies. See "Classicizer Machine Explanation".

Funny that you use ebay to gauge since there are some vintage characters for under $20... Does that mean that they shouldn't make Vintage characters?

200X Evil Seed makes more sense for Mattel to make:
    -Can be made with minimal new Tooling
    -Has an Action Feature/Gimmick that can be used in the future toylines (and it can be made in Classics too!)
    -It screams "Action Figure"
    -Had Multiple cartoon Appearances

There's a list of Toyguru's 20 Filmation characters floating around and Evil Seed is not on that list.

The argument is a bit laughable. I see a lot of people using incredibly vague and subjective words to explain why one design is clearly superior. I honestly don't see an argument past "this is what I prefer and really really want". Also people keep throwing the word 'generic' around these days, yet rarely do I agree with its use. All I see is people inflating their opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...roportions.jpg
    That picture is HILARIOUS!!!

Let's see:
    King Grayskull, Zodak, Carnivus, Marzo, Generic Snakemen 2 pack, SMAA, Griffin, Dekker, Dactus, Battle Lion. 11 figures since 2008 versus
    Adora, Shadow Weaver, Marlena, Shadow Beast, Eternos Palace Randor, Fangman, Octavia, Plundor, Icer, Batros, Shokoti, Nepthu, Sea Hawk, Strongarm, Scorpia and Possibly Huntara. (Not counting the Star Sisters, Horde Prime, the Palace Guards, or the POP figures based on their Filmation Looks: She-Ra, Bow, Castaspella, Catra, Frosta, Nettossa, Glimmer, swift wind)... Again, which faction is the one that is underrepresented?

Why should we ignore being "fair" about this? After all, the list of names you've mentioned is fairly lopsided in Filmation's favor, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    The argument is a bit laughable. I see a lot of people using incredibly vague and subjective words to explain why one design is clearly superior. I honestly don't see an argument past "this is what I prefer and really really want". Also people keep throwing the word 'generic' around these days, yet rarely do I agree with its use. All I see is people inflating their opinions.
    I think you're right. If it stayed in the "this is what I prefer" explanation, it's end of story because it's subjective. I like the MYP Evilseed design more than the Filmation design I grew up with.

Unfortunately, I continually see the words "generic" and "bland" in regards to the MYP Evilseed design. When someone who uses these words to seemingly knock MYP Evilseed can actually explain(nostalgia aside) how a design that is 90% nondescript brown robe is so much more interesting and superior in design to the fully realized head-to-toe MYP design, I'll quit asking the question.

I'm guessing you didn't know that it was Scott who decided to make MYP King Grayskull the first figure in the line just in case the Classics line had failed early on.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; October 9, 2013 at 03:33am.

I think that Evil-Seed Filmation would be a hard sell as hes mainly sticks... no pun intended.

But 200X is completely Do-able. Either way I collect them all so I for one look forward to him.

Myp Evilseed has a much more evil look and personality. He is by far superior to the filmation version. Evilseed is my most wanted figure but he comes as filmation I would devastated. He wsa also a main Character is MYP. He even appeared in the "World of He-man" video that did the character bios when the 2002 figures were released.

Widget
    1. Are you telling me that they haven't done it YET!?
    2. I think a 2-for-1 can work if they use the 2002-03 version, then add in (for the Filmation version) a second "asparagus" head, and a cape, that could rest on his shoulder thorns. Problem is, they may have to use a middle-ground green (like that of a steamed broccoli stem/trunk, or 1989's TMNT Raphael) rather than the paler green used in the 2002 cartoon, or the rich, leafy green of the Filmation version.

I don't think going for a 2-for-1 can work with Evil Seed.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/do4m/evilseed.jpg

I am most certainly more partial to the Filmation version, but if they release ES without the ability to display both versions, I will mark it as an overall failure. The robe can overlay a la Marlena and his arms can be swapple, one set bare one set robed. This will help solve the possible engineering issues involved with overlay sleeves. If he is packaged in his Flimation look, the other arms and head would have no problem fitting in the package. Sure, he would be on the more expensive side, but his base body could made up of existing parts so he would still have fewer needs than say, Mantenna.

Like I said, I MUCH prefer the Filmation version, but I would buy at least 5 of these with the potential to make both. One for Flimation, I would make the MYP version one of his "thugs" (since that is all he was on MYP) and use the others for customs I am planning that need the robes, which, could also get more use later on down the line if you consider characters like the Council of Elders and Norwin the Wizard.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    They're some of them. Others include He-Ro, Eldor, Marlena, Adora, Garn....
    (Princess) Adora didn't have a (vintage) PoP figure? That's just wrong!
    That's like doing G.I. Joe (cartoon, comics) without a Cobra Commander figure, or Transformers (cartoon, comics, etc.) without Optimus Prime (some countries managed w/o Megatron, but still...).

- - - Updated - - -

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...roportions.jpg
    That is one image that will take a good while to Delete from my head!
    *shudders*