Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Clawful Speculation and Discussion

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC Clawful Speculation and Discussion

A character I'm a little worried about is Clawful. Hopefully he won't look like a human wearing a crab costume. That human torso, arms and legs looks strange...

Maybe the 4H will make his crabby skin more like a gradient between the caucasian parts and the crap parts. On the old figure, the crab parts just ended suddenly as if it was a costume.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I definitely hope they try to bring more of the 2002 vibe into him. At least with the supersized claw part. But you're right, the human-wearing-a-crab-costume look - not intimidating! Reminds me of the Crab People from South Park. (Looks like crab! Tastes like people!)
    Last edited by Kevenn; December 21, 2010 at 11:11pm.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think classic Clawful will look fine. He should NOT have the Skeletor legs though, he NEEDS the bumpy ones, like this:

It makes him look more like a creature. I also like the 80's big claw MUCH better than the 200X big claw:

The designs aren't terribly different. Maybe they can give the 80's brown skin the "scaley" appearance? If they make him like the 80's pic I posted, but with the "scaley" appearance on his arms, I'll love him.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It'll be interesting to see how they handle him. The 200X version was definitely much improved from the original. I think he could be really cool either way though, or even something in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    or even something in between.
    This is what I'm hoping for! Combine the best of both worlds!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

He is my favorite villian in Skeletor's crew so i really hope they make him awesome. I am still bitter we never got the 200X figure.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I love 200x Clawful, but after seeing MOTUC Stratos, I have my doubts...

Edit: meaning if they abandon the 200x look, and stick with the original figure design that I will be unimpressed.
    Last edited by BlueStreak; September 15, 2008 at 09:03pm.

I wish we could blend the Filmation version into it all...that Clawful was the best that he's ever been, especially with Lou voicing him with that echo voice.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I love 200x Clawful, but after seeing MOTUC Stratos, I have my doubts...
    I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wish we could blend the Filmation version into it all...that Clawful was the best that he's ever been, especially with Lou voicing him with that echo voice.
    Clawful was always a character I like more his cartoon style than his toy version.
    I am sure 200X version is cool but does not resembles with the rest of the MOTUC collection. I can not imagine 200X Clawful next to new Mer Man or Beast Man.
    Despite Filmation Clawful was very different from his toy released, Clawful IS a true MOTU character( itīs not happend with Fangman nor Strong Arm) .
    So I hope his Filmation version (the best in my opinion) should be release in MOTUC line.

Keep 200x elements as far away from Clawful as possible please.

200x Clawful was probably the worst travesty the line committed. And if they couldn't keep awesome 200x elements, say for example, Skeletor's head sculpt, then I sure as hell hope they keep the bad ones out.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I hope Clawful looks like the classic figure with the whiplash/Buzz-off legs.
    I love that figure.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I hope Clawful looks like the classic figure with the whiplash/Buzz-off legs.
    I love that figure.
    Me too. I always loved that guy!!
    I'm confident the 4H will do a great job on him!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post

200x Clawful was probably the worst travesty the line committed.
    Whoah! I can't believe my eyes. You really hated it that bad? What makes you hate it so much?

I think the 200X Clawful was the best redesign of them all.

I don't know how well it'd work on this line though, if he's using a standard buck, then he's going to look a bit weird anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Whoah! I can't believe my eyes. You really hated it that bad? What makes you hate it so much?
    Becuase I feel that they removed any character from him by trying to turn him into a generic scary monster. I feel the same way about Tunglashor and Beast Man, but Clawful also has the added handicap of reminding me of MYP's handling of the character which I didn't like. Clawful is about the only 200x character I can honestly say I hate in every way, shape and form.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

I definitely agree with you in regards to the stupifying of Clawful (ugh, that voice..) as well as the generification of Tung Lashor from his amphibian-looking roots to "big pink monster". However I really didn't mind the Beastman redo; Infact I quite prefer it. He changed to a somewhat more simian build (think, gorilla) and so maybe he was dumbed down a bit - but the Filmation version wasn't about to win any Nobel prizes either. Anyway, the MYP Beastman was much more capable in a fight than the "run up to He-Man and get flipped/pushed/kicked out of the way" fall guy that was the original. Indeed, the updated version at least had battle cunning to his credit.

PS: I feel certain characters should never be remade. *ducks rock*

Oh, I'll agree that Beast Man was pretty cool in the MYP cartoon, but the design just never worked for me. If Beast Man in 200x had looked like the MOTUC Beast Man, and if the MYP design had mirrored that, Beast Man would've been perfect all around, imo.

PS: lol

Vintage Clawful please.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Becuase I feel that they removed any character from him by trying to turn him into a generic scary monster. I feel the same way about Tunglashor and Beast Man, but Clawful also has the added handicap of reminding me of MYP's handling of the character which I didn't like. Clawful is about the only 200x character I can honestly say I hate in every way, shape and form.
    While I like MYP's physical appearance of Clawful, his characterization was terrible. The voice acting was awful IMO. I liked Beast-Man in MYP, although I could see where he was dumbed down, which does take away from him.

The best Clawful, ever IMO, is Filmation Clawful.

Beast man was dumbed down? I thought he was even more capable in MYP.

As for Clawful, I think Filmation did him the best and 200X did him the worst, at least in personality. The look is another matter. 200X got rid of the human/caucasian elements from the vintage figure and made him more crab like. While I'm not suggesting Clawful to be the 200x version, I would like it if they tried to make those human parts look more inhuman. I think he looks like He-Man wearing a Clawful costume..take away the Whiplash legs and you think a guy is wearing a Clawful head, gloves, boots and armor.

Filmation Clawful was always my favorite figure!

I didnīt like the 200x approach!

The perfect Clawful figure was never made!I think that a Filmation Clawful mande into a toy would be the best figure!Just exacly like the Filmation Cartoon, red and yellow!More lizard than crab!

This is the correct time to Mattel to honor this great and important MOTU character!

"The young Warrior with the Grip of Evil"

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Junior View Post
    Filmation Clawful was always my favorite figure!

I didnīt like the 200x approach!

The perfect Clawful figure was never made!I think that a Filmation Clawful mande into a toy would be the best figure!Just exacly like the Filmation Cartoon, red and yellow!More lizard than crab!

This is the correct time to Mattel to honor this great and important MOTU character!

I think Filmationīs Clawful is the best ! He would be great next to evil warriors from MOTUC... Please, just see custume section in this site !
    As Clawful is a legit MOTU character ( not Filmation creation ), can Mattel sculp his cartoon version ?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    As Clawful is a legit MOTU character ( not Filmation creation ), can Mattel sculp his cartoon version ?
    No. Same reason we won't be getting a Filmation She-Ra, or Hordak. Filmation designs are still as off-limits as Filmation-created characters.

As for Clawful, he's one of those truly crappy figures in the original line that made me gag. The Lucadore mask looking head, the shell that looks like armor... it just reeked of "we have this idea, but the molds available don't do it justice. Screw it, 5 year olds won't know the difference!"

Clawful is another Classic figure I'll happily pass up. If Mattel actually makes it to the 2002 designs, *then* I'll get the character looking how he should.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    I think Filmationīs Clawful is the best !
    This I have to disagree with. I think Filmation's Clawful is another example of Filmation taking unnecessary liberties. Something they did too much of IMO.