Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will we get only repainted accessories, or new ones?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar

Will we get only repainted accessories, or new ones?

Will Fisto have a purple Tri-Klops sword or a retro-styled version of his 200x sword?
    Will Moss Man's weapon merely be Mekaneck's club or a new, tree-inspired weapon?

Maybe this should be asked of Toy Guru?

I think I'd be OK either way but if they HAVE to reuse accessories, it would be cool if the 4H have that in mind before designing those weapons so that whatever small tweaks they'd like to do to make them more "universal" can be planned ahead of time instead of an afterthought as it was in the Classic line.

Not sure exactly how that would work, but one suggestion would be for the Tri-Klops sword to have that eye design on ONE side, but then flip it over and the other side has a small fist etched into it. Or something like that.

Any other ideas?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    It is my understanding that for the immediate future, everything will be based upon the 80's figures.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    It is my understanding that for the immediate future, everything will be based upon the 80's figures.
    Let's do the time warp again!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'm gonna guess it'll be repainted accessories.
    Which I'm fine with.

Then again you just never know with the 4HM involved. They often love to surprise.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Will Fisto have a purple Tri-Klops sword or a retro-styled version of his 200x sword?
    200X Fisto didn't come with a sword.

Repainted accessories are most likely, and that's fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    200X Fisto didn't come with a sword.
    he was designed to have one though. can't remember if the cartoon ever showed him with the sword, been a while since i've watched it

mightybuck beat me to it!
    Last edited by Lay Ze-Man; October 7, 2008 at 05:25pm.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Wouldn't they just be cast in a different color plastic, rather than painted? That's what I hope they do! I think they'll do a great job with them the first time, so maybe we'll never get tired of seeing them.

That being said, nobody on the "8-back" had the same weapon (He-Man and Skeletor's were opposites), and that would leave Faker if you count him just because he came on an 8-back card, but his whole purpose is to have the same weapon. So, it doesn't really matter for a long while to come I guess.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Wouldn't they just be cast in a different color plastic, rather than painted? That's what I hope they do! I think they'll do a great job with them the first time, so maybe we'll never get tired of seeing them.

That being said, nobody on the "8-back" had the same weapon (He-Man and Skeletor's were opposites), and that would leave Faker if you count him just because he came on an 8-back card, but his whole purpose is to have the same weapon. So, it doesn't really matter for a long while to come I guess.
    Of course they'll be molded in different colors and not painted... the term "repaint" is just a simple generalization despite being a misnomer.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Of course they'll be molded in different colors and not painted...
    I would say "of coarse" too, but they actually did paint Evil Lyn's accessory in the commemorative series (they have their reasons beyond it not glowing I'm sure). We'll never know for sure until we see the final product, or like I was saying, way down the line when they actually need to use the same weapon again. But I'm totally fine with whatever they do.

Of course, I'm referring to THIS.
    I forgot about that.

I'm cool with "repaints" as it were. It never bothered me when I was a pup, and I'm really digging the retro-kitschy feel of this line. (Is that how I spell Kitschy?)
    The question remains, though: Will Lyn's staff glow this time out?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Instagram & Snapchat: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I forgot about that.
    Wasn't really trying to be rude either. Sorry. Post edited as mightybuck beat me to the punch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    I would say "of coarse" too, but they actually did paint Evil Lyn's accessory in the commemorative series (they have their reasons beyond it not glowing I'm sure).
    Not sure but I think they sometimes mold different figures in unique color plastic so they don't get mixed up with other figures.

Merman is getting his Trident.. He didn't have that in the 80's so who knows. I hope there will be original weapons...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Actually... didn't the Tri Klops art on the back of the classic figure feature a silver sword that looked different from the sword the figure came with? I don't have a picture to post, but I remember it being silver and gold with a different handle. It is possible that Fisto and Tri Klops could come with different swords because of this. Fisto's sword I would imagine would be like the classic sword that he came with.

Good memory dude!!

TRI-KLOPS CARDBACK

I asked this in one of the WTWTKs. Toyguru said all the figures would come with what they had in the 80s. Fisto will have a purple Tri-Klops sword, Faker will have an orange Skeletor sword, Prince Adam will have a magenta He-Man sword, etc.

If they come with other stuff too, that's cool, but they WILL come with their original accessories in the 80s colors.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I asked this in one of the WTWTKs.
    Is this the question you mean?

7. Will accessories match the original classic colors, or will they be changed to be more realistic? (like Prince Adam's magenta sword, Faker's orange sword, etc)
    The colors will match the vintage release, the sculpting and detail work will be all new.

Is this the question you mean?
    Yeah, that was it. I also asked a few others about matching up to the 80s figs in terms of packaging but they didn't get picked.

Putting that together with Toyguru saying if it was shared in the 80s, it'll be shared here as well, I'm sure we can expect to see Tri-Klops and Fisto come with the same sword in green and purple, respectively, which I'm fine with.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

While not exactly the same question (color instead of mold reuse) I agree that his answer covers the basic gist of it.

Honestly, I'll just be glad to see Fisto at ALL, regardless of what sword he comes with.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    For the longest time I thought that was the case too, but then Toyguru threw sort of a curveball in that last Q & A session when he said there was a possibility that Prince Adam would be on a different body than He-Man.

That's not doing it like the 80s.

So, like Mattel always says, 'anything is possible.'
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Good memory dude!!

TRI-KLOPS CARDBACK
    I don't think that's the cardback pic he is referring to. I think he means this one:

It also looks like he'll be getting King Grayskulls feet.

the mossman cardback shows tri-klops with his traditional sword, only with a silver blade. i'm guessing no matter what, we'll get a sword with a blade colored differently from the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    the mossman cardback shows tri-klops with his traditional sword, only with a silver blade. i'm guessing no matter what, we'll get a sword with a blade colored differently from the handle.
    Like I said... When the horsemen said they used the cardbacks as a reference they meant the little pictures like I posted earlier. The 8-back styled characters.