View Poll Results: Would you BUY this sub-line?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

51 41.80%
  • NO.

38 31.15%
  • Mmmmm... Maybe just a few figures.

18 14.75%
  • Not interested/Don't care either way.

15 12.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC "Down the Road..." MYP Cartoon-Style Sculpts as a Sub-Line?

MOTUC "Down the Road..." MYP Cartoon-Style Sculpts as a Sub-Line?

I'm asking this because this is what many of us had wanted during the 200x run, especially in terms of characters like He-man whose "scrawny" 200x figure bore little resemblance to his "bulky" MYP cartoon counterpart, and Skeletor even to a degree, with his fossil-white bone face in MYP, compared to his Yellow&Green black-washed face of his 200x figure, and so on....

Basically if you look at Mattels "The Batman" line, you will see that the figure sculpts are practically identical to it's WB cartoon counterpart's animation-stylings, the main reason for this being that the sculpts were actually based on the cartoon designs, as opposed to MOTU's 200x figure-line and cartoon where the reverse is found: the cartoon's designs are based off of the re-imagined figure-sculpts done by the Four Horsemen....

I ask this to everyone since I believe MANY fans want these cartoon-based designs sculpted into action-figure form, just as many have expressed their desire to have the classic Filmation MOTU cartoon character designs sculpted into action figures. That however, at this point anyway, is NOT even a possibility, since Mattel does NOT own the Filmation rights (Entertainment Rights does).

BUT. Mattel does own the rights to the MYP cartoon, which thus makes an MYP cartoon-styled sub-line under the MOTUC title, a possibility!

So I am quite curious, at this point in time, or in reality, a bit "down the road" if the MOTUC line is successful enough, would this be a sub-line wanted by the He-fan community?
    – No comment.

Sounds good to me! MYP worked wonders with Moss Man
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

No thanx. The established Classics style is plenty for me.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Ya but Im pretty much going to buy anything they put out.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy these in a heart beat, not sure how well they would do though.

Making more streamlined animated versions of things is all the rage these days. If not in figure form than in statue form. Even going with original designs. Look at the "animated" versions of Star Wars.

Also Pirates of The Carribbean got like an animated style cartoony figure line. Even though there weren't really cartoons.

But basically, I like that JLU is continuing as a DC animated universe series, hopefully. But we still get the general modern comic style in DC Heroes. And the infinite Heroes series which is like inbetween.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would like MYP/200X designs, sculpts like the mini-statue/staction line, but with articulation like MOTUC (ball jointed head, shoulders, elbow, wrists, hips, knees and ankles). That would be perfect because some mini-statues, like Snake Face and Webstor were just perfection. Especially the paint. So beautiful.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Of course I'll buy whatever they make, but rather than revisit a cartoon that's over, I'd much rather see a brand new cartoon done the way you mentioned with cartoon designs done first and then a cartoon accurate toy-line. Right now I'm not holding my breath for either scenario, but who knows what will happen right?

Maybe if there would not have been the MOTUC line.

Now I'm waiting for the MOTUC line much more than anaything else.

I like different versions of characters. I've got so many Batman figures that are so cool & while they are all Batman, they don't all look alike. From a Golden Age Batman, to Silver Age to modern to animated, etc. I'm for different styled Masters Of The Universe.

If Mattel do this I hope they will help 2k fans for finish out there 2k collections. I would also love it if they carried on with POP redesigns in the 2k style.

Something like this!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...os/daa6re2.jpg

I think this was made by an artist on our boards.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    If Mattel do this I hope they will help 2k fans for finish out there 2k collections. I would also love it if they carried on with POP redesigns in the 2k style.

Something like this!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...os/daa6re2.jpg

I think this was made by an artist on our boards.
    WOW! They ALL look amazing!
    – No comment.

Um, did everyone forget about the 200X toyline that the MYP cartoon was based on? I'll buy whatever they make, and sure, the toys weren't exactly like their 'toon counter parts, but they were close enough for me. Besides, I am SO OVER anime He-Man and ready for him to return to his bulky roots!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like the MYP characters to have the look and feel of MOTU classics. Who knows if it's successful they might re-do MOTU200x. I'd love a MOTUC Carnivous.

Yes, I think so...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

was considering maybe some. bt no. any cartoon things i need like adora or shadow weaver i got. i dont believe the toon designs are all that different from what we are getting. now with filmation figs...well what would be the point. filmation hordak being a different case but the only exception. but even then id prefer classicized to fit with the rest. his head would be new sculpt hopefully.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Absolutely I'd buy it. I'm a newcomer to this line, only started collecting in April 2012 and I'm only missing 12 figures now. 2013 was my first sub and I've ordered the Filmation sub, so any additional subs would be more than welcome in my opinion. The figures I'd love to see in an MYP subline are:

Lord Dactys
    Illumina (she counts, right?)
    Ceratus
    Battleground Marlena
    Horde Wraiths - they could even release a Battleground Shadow Weaver (based on Gbagok's version)
    Calix
    Odiphus
    Ice Armour/Snake Armour He-Man
    Sorceress
    Ambrosia Webstor
    Veena
    Battle Lion
    Hawk(e?)
    Prahvus
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Um, did everyone forget about the 200X toyline that the MYP cartoon was based on?
    A lot of fans may want the generous articulation and neutral poses that the MOTUC line offers. The 200X line often had characters in 'fixed' poses that not everybody prefers. Just my opinion.

And a 200X ROBOTO would be a lot different than the Classics version. A few other characters would be pretty different, too.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Nope. Been there, done that...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Exactly. This was already done ten years ago. The style of MOTUC is it's own thing, it isn't going to change, and it shouldn't. The only characters I want from 200X are the new characters, like Lord Dactys, Veena, Calix, and Prahvus. If we are gonna get a variant, let it be something that looks completely different. There isn't enough changes to make a 200X regular He-Man, IMO. But, I would be open for a Snake Armor or Ice Armor He-Man. Captain Randor, King Miro, Siren, and Battleground Marlena would be good too, because their look is completely different. All other characters, like Skeletor, Teela, Beast Man, are the same thing with angular designs and larger/skinnier proportions; but essentially, they are what we already have.

I didn't like 200X MOTU when 200X MOTU was new, I sure wouldn't buy any now, I'm already getting the only figure I though looked decent in MOTUC, and that's Mantenna....so no 200X for me. Besides....200X already had it's day. What's the point of a new sub line with the same style that was retired, 200X is not MOTUC, so it's not happening anyway, maybe Classisized 200X characters, but not the style, not in MOTUC, so then what's the point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    A lot of fans may want the generous articulation and neutral poses that the MOTUC line offers. The 200X line often had characters in 'fixed' poses that not everybody prefers. Just my opinion.

And a 200X ROBOTO would be a lot different than the Classics version. A few other characters would be pretty different, too.
    But it's just like Filmation He-Man & Skeletor, Roboto is already in Classics, I have seen 200X Roboto, there's not much different aside from some colors and a new head, not enough for Mattel to pop him a variant.

The variant I see as truly having enough differences to be made is Filmation Clawful, the differences are so great, they might as well be totally different characters, nothing is the same, except the left claws.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Anything in classics style I will buy. specially 200x myp characters. I want more of them.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    i would love the main characters in the different syles at least but i also want filmation style dc comic style and movie style make them guardians of the sword, son of he-man characters just give us the alternate looks!
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I would sub up just to get Evil Seed and Lord Dactys and Calix. I would probably prefer a trial mini sub like the filmation sub, and I don't even care if they are in the more cartoony style, the slim 200x toy look, but would probably prefer sticking with the classics bucks to keep sculpting, tooling costs down.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Exactly. This was already done ten years ago. The style of MOTUC is it's own thing, it isn't going to change, and it shouldn't. The only characters I want from 200X are the new characters, like Lord Dactys, Veena, Calix, and Prahvus. If we are gonna get a variant, let it be something that looks completely different. There isn't enough changes to make a 200X regular He-Man, IMO. But, I would be open for a Snake Armor or Ice Armor He-Man. Captain Randor, King Miro, Siren, and Battleground Marlena would be good too, because their look is completely different. All other characters, like Skeletor, Teela, Beast Man, are the same thing with angular designs and larger/skinnier proportions; but essentially, they are what we already have.
    We could say that about the Vintage designs being done all over again in Classics. Didn't we have that already?

Since there are 200X or MYP versions of characters that fans want in Classics (Buzz-Off, Snout Spout, Sy-Klone, Clawful, Teela, Prince Adam, WMD Roboto, etc.), I say go for it. Use the Classics bucks for consistency, along with all new parts. If it's a bonus subscription, any who aren't interested can simply not subscribe and move on.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 10, 2013 at 03:38pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Big fat YES!