Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should MOTUC Ninjor be Jitsu's head on Skeletor's body again?

Heroic Warrior

Should MOTUC Ninjor be Jitsu's head on Skeletor's body again?

I never thought of it, but I was just looking at pictures of the the 80s Ninjor figure and always thought he looked like Jitsu, but that I realized he was using Skeletor's body. Now, I don't have a problem with his hands because they are painted to make them into gloves. But I do have a problem with his 3-toed feet. Ninjor is definetly "too human" to have 3 toes IMO, but some might make the case that Ninjor came from another dimension, according to the "Search for Keldor" mini-comic, so it's not hard to believe that that he can justifiably have 3 toes. Well, I would like to see him in the regular strapped boots, like He-Man, Man-At-Arms, and hey, even Jitsu himself. Now, it's just a matter of resusing whose parts, not making a new boot for him or anything like that. So, would you all like to see Jitsu use Skeletor's body, or make some changes like I mentioned above?

I think he should just have the same body as the 80's figure. Also I think Mattel has stated that they are going to re use molds as much as possible to keep the cost of the line down.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

It probally will be the same. But I wish it would be different.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Ninjor and Jitsu's heads are different. The easiest way to tell is by looking at them.

Really don't care much for the Ninjor character.

But if I pretend to care about Ninjor, I'd probably like the three toed Monster version of him over a more human version.
    To me that make's him feel like he's a part of MotU and not a part of some other property that happens on earth, and deals with four turtles.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I never thought of it, but I was just looking at pictures of the the 80s Ninjor figure and always thought he looked like Jitsu, but that I realized he was using Skeletor's body. Now, I don't have a problem with his hands because they are painted to make them into gloves. But I do have a problem with his 3-toed feet. Ninjor is definetly "too human" to have 3 toes IMO, but some might make the case that Ninjor came from another dimension, according to the "Search for Keldor" mini-comic, so it's not hard to believe that that he can justifiably have 3 toes. Well, I would like to see him in the regular strapped boots, like He-Man, Man-At-Arms, and hey, even Jitsu himself. Now, it's just a matter of resusing whose parts, not making a new boot for him or anything like that. So, would you all like to see Jitsu use Skeletor's body, or make some changes like I mentioned above?
    I think, making him different from the old figure is 200X territory. For MOTUC, he must be a new head on a Skeletor body. That's what came before. MOTUC has to follow the designs of the old toyline, maybe not to the letter, but pretty close.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Ninjor and Jitsu's heads are different. The easiest way to tell is by looking at them.
    Glad I didn't have to be the one to say it, but it's pretty obvious if you've ever seen either figure.

Actually, with Ninjor, wouldn't he be the one who should definitely have the feet that Stratos has? I mean, he's got to be wearing some streamlined padded footwear if he's a ninja and is all about sneaking around...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Actually, with Ninjor, wouldn't he be the one who should definitely have the feet that Stratos has? I mean, he's got to be wearing some streamlined padded footwear if he's a ninja and is all about sneaking around...
    You'd think that, but this is the vintage line. Ninjor has the red Skeletor/Evil Warrior feet. It's not going to change.

Now if it were 200X, the 4H would brobably put ninja tabis on him or some other change. But MOTUC so far isn't a line to institute any great changes to the vintage characters no matter how much sense it might make.

And how come this is being questioned?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    And now to totally hijack this thread- Should his clothing be a part of his sculpt or actual cloth?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Ninjor's cloth uniform should be replaced by plastic armor, similar to the rest of the line. Cloth is the kind of like an "action feature", in that it was something unique that would drive the cost of the figure higher. If Mattel's dealing entirely in plastics, bringing a textile factory into things is going to eat up budget.

A rubbery-plastic mask, and whatever kind of plastic they're using for the regular armor... nice and easy.

I agree 100%, and I would love to see NINJOR with anything but the 3 toed Monster boot. But, I have to assume that they will just go with how he looked originally.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

3 toed.

Well I'm not sure about the cloth. Still debating.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Ninjor's cloth uniform should be replaced by plastic armor, similar to the rest of the line. Cloth is the kind of like an "action feature", in that it was something unique that would drive the cost of the figure higher. If Mattel's dealing entirely in plastics, bringing a textile factory into things is going to eat up budget.

A rubbery-plastic mask, and whatever kind of plastic they're using for the regular armor... nice and easy.
    And then, it will not be like the 80's figures.

Ninjor is one of the figures I am very much looking forward to.

And he never had the same head as Jitsu.

I don't care either way about the boots. I just want this character.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I'm not too familar with this particular character, but as long as its well made like the SDCC KG line, I'm all for it!

I always imagined the three toes were actually blades in his boots for when he ninja kicked people.

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait to see Ninjor released in this line. I am still conflicted as to whether he should have cloth or sculpted armor.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I know that Jitsu and Ninjor are not the same head, but that doesn't mean they don't look like each other. Hey, Sy-Klone looks like He-Man, Scare Glow looks like Skeletor, and the Sorceress looks like
    Teela. Not the same heads, but that don't mean they don't look like each other.

Also, if you want Ninjor with reptilion feet, why not go with the Whiplash/Buzz-Off feet instead. They look my "dragon-like" and goes better with Ninjor's motif, plus the dragon emblem on his costume.

Also, not to get off topic, but since some tried to hijack this thread, I guess I can hijack myself...lol. But, what about an all black Ninjor variant. No red gloves, boots, or even dragon emblem. You can even have his 3 weapons be black instead of silver. It makes him look more stealth/shadow warrior like.

With Ninjor, I always got the impression that the designers gave him "Skeletor" feet to make it look like he had spikes on the front of his boots. He had alot of weapons, and I figured this was an extension of that. I always figured his feet were "normal" underneath.

As for the head, although it looks similar to Jitsu, they are different in many ways.

1. Different skin complexion. Ninjor is fair, while Jitsu is tan.

2. Jitsu has a full goatee, while Ninjor has a moustache and soul patch on his chin.

3. Ninjor has a red band in his hair.

4. They have different eyebrows.

5. They have different eyes.

6. They have different cheek bones.

7. Ninjor has large ears, while Jitsu has small ears.

8. Although both have "M pattern baldness" on top, they have different hairlines.

9. Jitsu has thicker, curly hair, while Ninjor has sleeked back hair.

10. Ninjor has wrinkles on his forehead and cheeks, while Jitsu's face has a smoother look.

11. From the back, Jitsu's hair is a staight line cut, while Ninjor's is a triangular cut.

12. Jitsu has jagged teeth, whle Ninjor has smooth teeth (obvious which one goes to see Mo-larr the Eternian dentist more...)
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 28, 2008 at 12:50am.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'm a bit torn here...

I think it's obvious that Ninjor isn't a creature-like space-man character like Zodac, rather, I think the creature-feet he's got, is actually faked, they're boots that will make it look like an animal has been stalking around. With the added plus of making it easier for him to climb, as well as make vicious kicks.

That's my take on it.

So, I'd probably like him to have creature-feet, but NOT the same feet as Skelly. Rather, I'd like some different creature-feet, perhaps an all-new set of feet, or Beast Mans feet. If you can't give him new feet in the name of saving a buck, then let's put on some paint-details that make it seem like he's wearing creature-boots.

And Baena: Shame on you. Surely, you must feel the same about Jitsu? He's got the exact same vibe, dude.

I think I'd feel almost a bit offended if you didn't.. I demand you publicly denounce Jitsu, Mr. Baertsch!

If you say MOTUC is about going back to the vintage style instead of making new versions (like 200x), then there are but two conclusions:

Ninjor will have the Skeletor feet.
    Ninjor should come with fabric hood.

I think Ninjor should have the 3-toed feet.
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

Although I agree with Baena on the "concept" of Ninjor... I have always loved the figure! I think he looks awesome! I hope he has the more creature-like arms and legs cos it sets him apart from the "human ninja" stigma.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Actually the old Ninjor has a really great head sculpt. One of the best I remember!
    He is a bit silly but I loved playing when I was a spud!
    And yes, he needs to be more creature than human.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com