Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should MOTUC Ninjor be Jitsu's head on Skeletor's body again?

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    use the Stratos feet and He-Man hands. Ninjor is a human, the skeletor arms and legs look good when painted to be like gloves.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Actually the old Ninjor has a really great head sculpt. One of the best I remember!
    He is a bit silly but I loved playing when I was a spud!
    I agree. Some of my own favs are the later characters, Snout Spout, Extendar, Ninjor. Sadly they don't have many fans, because everybody else was older than me at the time, so they weren't as into the later char's.

I'm one of the last of the kids that got into MotU, you know. Born in 84, probably got me first fig around late 86, 87, when MotU was on the ropes.

And yes, he needs to be more creature than human.
    Oh, tosh you!

Just look at the card-art! It's obvious that the hands are gloves, and not like on Zodac and Skelly.

And if he's got human hands, why would he then have creature-feet? I say they are fake-feet mate. He's wearing them in order to strike fear into his enemies, so they think some kind of monster is stalking them.

Way I see it, he and Jitsu comes from the same civilization on Eternia. One that has focused on Martial arts in an asian-like way. Just like He-man and Extendar is from one that has focused more on combat in a way similar to Mideval Knights.

I still dont understand how people always pigeon-hole characters into the "human" category if they have "human features"... This is Eternia! Why cant he have "human looking hands" and creepy creature feet!? Sheesh
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Isn't he supposed to look exactly like the 80's counterpart?

When people ask about 200x elements, that is the standard answer they/we get. So why should Ninjor be any different?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Isn't he supposed to look exactly like the 80's counterpart?

When people ask about 200x elements, that is the standard answer they/we get. So why should Ninjor be any different?
    I havn't really seen that as an answer... "heavily based on" sure... but "exactly"? I dunno. Until we hear an official statement from the 4H we shouldn't take any fans' answers as gospel... (in my opinion)
    Last edited by oICEMANo; September 30, 2008 at 04:58am.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I havn't really seen that as an answer... "heavily based on" sure... but "exactly"? I dunno. Until we hear an official statement from the 4H we shouldn't take any fans' answers as gospel... (in my opinion)
    I agree.... I meant it as a kind of cynical remark though.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ninjor is a being Skeletor conjured up from another dimension. Like Zodak, he doesn't need human feet, because he isn't human at all. All of Ninjor's race probably has feet like that.

Now, Jitsu has human He-Man feet. He's a different race than Ninjor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    ...Some of my own favs are the later characters, Snout Spout, Extendar, Ninjor. Sadly they don't have many fans, because everybody else was older than me at the time, so they weren't as into the later char's.

I'm one of the last of the kids that got into MotU, you know. Born in 84, probably got me first fig around late 86, 87, when MotU was on the ropes.

Oh, tosh you!
    I think the problem with these later characters is that they didn’t have decent storylines. Many of them only had mini comic appearances and even then they were pretty much supporting roles.

Someone like Ninjor is such a generic-looking Ninja, and therefore he needs a kick a** story. Who is he? What’s his purpose? What’s his connection to the heroic masters? The same goes for characters like Snout Spout, Extendar and Rio Blast. They all have the potential to be great characters, but they are too two-dimensional.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Well, most of them did have a story in the European comics. Especially Snout Spout is a high-note, where they really took advantage of his gruesome cyborg-visage, and the depression that comes from that.

Heck, even Rio-blast had a decently interesting story.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I think the problem with these later characters is that they didn’t have decent storylines. Many of them only had mini comic appearances and even then they were pretty much supporting roles.

Someone like Ninjor is such a generic-looking Ninja, and therefore he needs a kick a** story. Who is he? What’s his purpose? What’s his connection to the heroic masters? The same goes for characters like Snout Spout, Extendar and Rio Blast. They all have the potential to be great characters, but they are too two-dimensional.
    There's Star Comics. They focused on the 1986-1988 characters and gave them personalities.

Issue#4
    Rio-Blast and Snout Spout were a duo who fought and bickered, but were a great team. Rio Blast hates snakes and Snout Spout hated Rio Blast's chilli bean breath.

Issue#5 had Extendar, but I don't remeber his personality.

Issue#7 introduced mad characters...
    Ninjor was a generic ninja, from what I recall. I DO remember one panel where Skeletor curses Ninjor for sneaking up on him while he's plotting and Ninjor explains that he knows no other way, but to sneak up on people.
    Don't recall Scare Glow's personality...
    Blast-Attack was a cyborg. He was beyond rowdy, took no crap from anyone and fought with his own teammates.
    Clamp Champ was King Randor's bodyguard
    King Randor was older, but he wanted to prove that he still had what it takes, so he snuck off to battle evil, behind Marlena's back.

Issue#8 had Mosquitor, but I don't recall his personality.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Ninjor I think is one of the characters in MOTU I just never got a feel for. I like the idea, but have never had one in my hands to study/play with. (I believe) I only saw his appearance in the Search for Keldor MC. I think he could be pretty awesome-who doesn't like ninjas?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    Ninjor and Jitsu's heads are different. The easiest way to tell is by looking at them.
    I was thinking the same and am glad someone said it haha!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Cloth is the kind of like an "action feature", in that it was something unique that would drive the cost of the figure higher. If Mattel's dealing entirely in plastics, bringing a textile factory into things is going to eat up budget.
    Mattel already has access to a place that uses fabric, as the Dark Knight figures' fabric capes attest. And anything plastic is going to cost FAR more than using fabric; the metal molds needed for the parts mentioned would cost tens of thousands of dollars and likely only be usable once.

I think it's a pretty good bet we'll see Ninjor with a cheesy polyester mask and tunic, just like the old days.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I really do hope this figure comes out in the first year. I love NInjor!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!