Thread: Dose anyone have info on authenticating prototypes ?

Widget

Dose anyone have info on authenticating prototypes ?

Dose anyone know how common PRE-PRODUCTION SOFT PROTOTYPES are for the 1982 motu line ?

I was sold what seems to be a two bad soft prototypes and am trying to get it authenticated by CIB :COLLECTIBLE INVESTMENT BROKERAGE , but the web site is weird .
    dose anyone have experience with this or any information on prototypes in general ? 1981 MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE HEMAN SKELETOR TWOBAD Experimental PROTOTYPE FIGURE 3.JPG
    Last edited by misterebond; December 13, 2014 at 01:43pm.

what on earth is that!? What's it made of? regular production plastic?

Widget
    yes , mattel took some of there existing figures to experiment with , in this case to see how two torsos would fit together for their TWO BAD figure .
    have you guys see anything like it ?

I don't think i have, the prototypes usually have actual clay parts and are always hand painted.

Do you have any documentation to go with that?

Widget
    no it didn't ,but i'm in the process of getting it authenticated with the original designers .

I am curious, is there any country mark and year left on the back of the He-Man part of the figure?

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I am curious, is there any country mark and year left on the back of the He-Man part of the figure?
    I think there is written "April" on He-man and "fool" on skeletor
    But a bit too early imo
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

No offense meant at all, but that thing looks fishy, the artist would have a ton of extra work cutting those two production figures apart just to melt them together again. I just don't see that being practical or by all means normal for what it's supposed to be (a prototype). These (from what all records show us) have always been clay pieces or wax sculpts, many times hand painted.

Of course the artist could have used anything to pitch a figure, even melting production figures together (who knows ) but to be honest, this is looking a lot more like a custom fan project
    Last edited by Arkangel; December 15, 2014 at 01:08pm.

If I remember right, this figure was sold some years ago in argentina. There was a seller who sold a lot of customs figures, for example Filmation characters, built statues from crappy figures, made "stone washed" figures etc.

I do not think that this Figure is the real deal.
    FIGURE twists for a power punch!

Perfect Deals: FTL@neo-geo.com, Sathomaso, Sl@yer, French Kiki, King Ironic, SimonF, TIRPITZ, Ess7477,

Quote Originally Posted by Facelessone View Post
    If I remember right, this figure was sold some years ago in argentina. There was a seller who sold a lot of customs figures, for example Filmation characters, built statues from crappy figures, made "stone washed" figures etc.

I do not think that this Figure is the real deal.
    hmmm would that be the same guy selling the "testshot" zodac for 290US?

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I think there is written "April" on He-man and "fool" on skeletor
    But a bit too early imo
    It is probably the custom. I asked about markings on the figures becasue I wanted to check if those two figures are both early releases from Taiwan (Skeletor is the firs release with purple loincloth which is a bit rare.... but the head might be from a second release, missing orange cheeks). But He-Man head looks more like it is from Mexico. So I wanted to confirm if the figure was composed from two variants from different time of the production, and even different countries, there is no logic that it was made by Mattel artists (because they would use a pair of figures which were produced in the same factory and in the same time).
    The same thing we see in Mattel publications.. figures on the photos are always the latest production variants matching the time of publication, so you never can see on their photos some early Skeletor 1981 and He-Man 1982 on the same photo...

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    It is probably the custom...
    I have to agree, it does look like custom. Without documentation/ COA from the artist or Mattel I doubt you'll be able to convince anybody this is a actual prototype..

Hope you didnt pay for a prototype, if you take my meaning..
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Visit my website for handmade Scenery, Statues & More! CUSTOMSCENERY.NL

Widget
    $800, not bad for a custome ha?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunDerian View Post
    I have to agree, it does look like custom. Without documentation/ COA from the artist or Mattel I doubt you'll be able to convince anybody this is a actual prototype..

Hope you didnt pay for a prototype, if you take my meaning..
    - - - Updated - - -

This piece was original, I know the story behind this item and I know is original