Thread: Help with animation cels

Widget

Help with animation cels

Hello everyone,
    I recently bought my first animation cell of He-Man. I'm trying to figure out which episode it may have been from. It is a picture from behind holding his sword. There is writting on the bottom that says ' mo 86 m4 86 87 2 '. How can i figure out where this was used?
    thank you

Hmm, can you show us a picture of the frame and one of the numbers? I will have to throw out a guess of being the episode, The Rainbow Warrior.

Widget
    20170612_194706.jpg

i hope this pic helps

It's from the episode "A Trip To Morainia." The first number (86) is always the episode code/number. Second is scene code (roughly where in the episode it falls.) Last is number of this exact cel in the sequence of animating this character in this scene. This is second cel of He-man about to carve a circle in a wall of ice. If you have the DVD (BCI) you can find it by pausing at 5:54 mark of the episode.

Widget
    Omg what a great answer.. thank you very much.. i was able to find the exact location on the dvd.. thank you again

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pran View Post
    m4 86
    It's MU 86 (Masters of the Universe) - like kevin said. The number designated for the episode.

I was curious what cel would have m4 tag, but it turns out to be just the MU mark.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan and contributor to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Pran View Post
    Omg what a great answer.. thank you very much.. i was able to find the exact location on the dvd.. thank you again
    No problem. Glad I could help!

Be careful though... you've likely caught the bug now! Collecting these things (AND finding them within the episodes) can become quite addicting! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    :Collecting these things (AND finding them within the episodes) can become quite addicting! Enjoy!
    I'm kinda in that state with my She-Ra cels!