Thread: Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the 1987 MOTU Movie

Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the 1987 MOTU Movie

With 2017 coming up, what types of things would you like to see happen concerning the 30th Anny of the Masters of the Universe movie? Some ideas of mine:

1. If there is a Power-Con, have at least a couple panels dedicated to the 1987 movie with cast and crew that have appeared before along with some new ones that have never appeared.

2. New action figures based on the movie. There could be some Classics styled ones released by Matty along with a Super 7/ReAction line of figures as well. It is time we finally see a Karg figure.

3. A new blu-ray set loaded with special features (last one was pretty bare).

4. A large Cosmic Key release similar to some of the devices Mattel released for the Ghostbusters line.

5. Re-release of the movie in theaters on a more nationwide basis.

Heroic Warrior
    They should release the blu ray with a new transfer as the last one is pretty bad. Sticking to the DVD.

I hope it is represented at Power Con! I'd love to see some appearances or panels, or even a screening!

The movie is in dire need of a special edition, as well. They'd already completed a lot of making of's and stuff for the 25th, but WB vetoed it. How hard could it be to include that already completed stuff with a cleaned up transfer?

A remastered collectors edition blu-ray set from Shout! Factory would be the bomb.

Yes! They do such great work, and it feels like the movie would be in their wheelhouse.

Bummer that there looks like there won't be much to celebrate the 30th anniversary this year. Hopefully, at least Power-Con has a thing or two for it.

I'll at least watch it once or twice with the kids this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Bummer that there looks like there won't be much to celebrate the 30th anniversary this year. Hopefully, at least Power-Con has a thing or two for it.

I'll at least watch it once or twice with the kids this year.
    I heard a really cool book about the movie just came out to coincide with the anniversary... :P
    It's a shame there's nothing more official coming out, though. Especially considering the critical reappraisal the film is starting to get. I'm still crossing my fingers we'll get an announcement about the new movie this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianCBaer View Post
    I heard a really cool book about the movie just came out to coincide with the anniversary... :P
    It's a shame there's nothing more official coming out, though. Especially considering the critical reappraisal the film is starting to get. I'm still crossing my fingers we'll get an announcement about the new movie this year.
    I preordered your book a while back, I look forward to reading it!

Thanks! It's fresh off the printers, so it should be to you in a few weeks, I've been told.