Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Two-Bad Discussion

And Two-Bad just looks even badder and badder every time I see him!! CanNOT wait to get hims.
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really like his bio!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    He's still my favorite figure for 2014...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    He's still my favorite figure for 2014...
    Agreed, and that's saying a lot. It's going to be like getting Ram Man all over again. As I've said before, there's something just perfect about him.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    In regards to the Vintage MOTU line, my Evil Warriors will be complete. Now I only need Tung L and Squeeze to complete MY vintage MOTU line.
    What about Ninjor and Blast-Attack? Blade and Saurod?
    My post count just got bigger.

i really like the figure but two things bug me. first is the horrible weapon. i understand it's a carry-over from 200x but it looked stupid there as well. my biggest problem is the STRAIGHT STRAIGHT STRAIGHT line directly down the center between the two halves. i would've much preferred a little variation and not so stick straight. it's hard to see that as anything out than cheaping out.

Cornboy just posted this on Facebook.

Notice what he says about Mattel re-engineering the clip for the shield. Another poorly made accessory for the storage box, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    Cornboy just posted this on Facebook.

Notice what he says about Mattel re-engineering the clip for the shield. Another poorly made accessory for the storage box, I guess.
    Skirtgate and now Shieldgate....whats next?
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    What about Ninjor and Blast-Attack? Blade and Saurod?
    IMHO Mattel could skip Ninjor entirely and I wouldn't shed a tear. Like many bemoaned Mighty Spector as being totally un-MOTU, for me Ninjor is that guy. A character inserted into the line merely to capitalize on the martial arts/ninja craze of that era, he never made much sense to me. Sorry if that offends any Ninjor fans. Back to Two-Bad.

I think he looks absolutely incredible, and I love the way the Horsemen executed him! C'mon January. I want me a Two-Bad!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    Not sure I see the issue? It sounds like it just caused the shield to be a little more off the arm than he'd like?

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    ?..Like many bemoaned Mighty Spector as being totally un-MOTU, for me Ninjor is that guy. A character inserted into the line merely to capitalize on the martial arts/ninja craze of that era, he never made much sense to me. Sorry if that offends any Ninjor fans...
    I agree. I felt the same way when I got him as a kid. I was much more interested in the other figure my parents got to accompany him: Scareglow!

Anyway, Two-Bad is what sold me on buying a sub for the first time ever. Can't wait for him! He's an old favorite.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm fairly confident Ninjorvwill be made because he's pretty much a figure they can do with minimal retooling based on his vintage look. Easy money for them.

The question will be; Open Two-Bad or keep him locked up? I still go back and forth with my Shadow Weaver based on the price on EBay...I don't ever see myself selling her but I no longer have the white box....sooo
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    I'm fairly confident Ninjorvwill be made because he's pretty much a figure they can do with minimal retooling based on his vintage look. Easy money for them.

The question will be; Open Two-Bad or keep him locked up? I still go back and forth with my Shadow Weaver based on the price on EBay...I don't ever see myself selling her but I no longer have the white box....sooo

Set her free my friend....
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I really like his bio!
    Where did you see his Bio? I can't seem to find it on this tread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    I can't see facebook (work filters). What does it say?

Frankly I'm genuinely surprised he's not shown up before now. Perhaps he represented too much of a tooling slam dunk, and Matty didn't want to be accused of egregious reuse. Then again, when has that ever stopped them- see Scareglow and a huge heaping handful of other easy repaint/remold MOTUC figures.

I'm an opener, so am biased, but I still say open him! I'll have two subs in 2014, so can justify opening one and keeping one on ice, but that still means one definitely gets opened for display and handling regardless.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I can't see facebook (work filters). What does it say?
    "Been waiting on this guy since we started MotU Classics!! Two-Bad FINALLY done right!! Well... Except for that pesky shield clip for his arm... "

"Just engineered a little different than I designed it. Still works but I'd have like it to have been a little closer to his arm."

"Plus, shields aren't held by a handle. They're kind of strapped to your forearm. We could've gone with straps but that would've been a bit more expensive."

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    For myself, I don't see any figure that tops Two Bad in 2014. Modulok has a lot of new parts and is a very nice figure but I've never preferred his look over Two Bad. The toy designs were a totally different story.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    photo (2).jpg

two bad rocks !!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Wow...I'll save the spiel about it being illegal, stolen property, and just say he looks awesome and we need more pics!

Two Bad is a tank, which hasn't really been seen on the Evil Warrior side of things. Evil Lyn and Skeletor use magic, Tri-Klops is a master swordsman and inventor, Beast Man, Mer Man, Whiplash, Clawful, Stinkor, Webstor, Kobra Kahn are literally animals. Jitsu is a warrior. You just don't have an Evil Warrior who's going to charge into a room or squad of enemies and do as much damage possible, but now we do in Two Bad. Usually his two halves don't agree, but when they do, look out! Nope...I'm not excited about this figure at all!

I'm really looking forward to Two-Bad. The more pics I see of him, the better he looks. He's the last of Skeletor's Evil Warriors that I need to complete that faction as far as my collection and personal preferences go. Anything else after that is just extra icing on the cake.

There are so many cool figures coming up next year, but I think so far Two-Bad will probably be my favorite. I love Extendar, and I've been waiting on Modulok, but I suspect Two-Bad will steal the show.

The only figure I can see coming out that could displace Two-Bad, would be a vintage inspired (which he will be) Tung Lashor.

Man, if I can get Two-Bad, Modulok, and Tung Lashor for the villains next year? I'll be in heaven.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Only think that irks me is the closed left fist...I mean, why? He-Man didn't have an open left hand, so what's with the super-vintage remake? I was kinda looking forward to allowing him to dual-wield some weapons.

Not that that's a deal breaker, but it's still an odd choice. I mean my nostalgia was in the look, not the fact that he had fists.
    Incidentally, I agree with this. I'm not real big on certain figures using weaopns. Characters like Grizzlor, Beastman, Mantenna, Stinkor, Leech, Squeeze; their powers are their weapons.

But others, I like single or dual wielding. Two-Bad would probably have looked pretty cool with one of the gray recolored Laser Lot weapons from the last pack, and maybe a sword in the other hand.

Minor nitpick, but it's cool.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    photo (2).jpg

two bad rocks !!!
    Cool stuff, looks awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    Need a two bad so bad. So it's jan when he drops? I wonder who else we will get next year.

What were the beasts this year?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Need a two bad so bad. So it's jan when he drops? I wonder who else we will get next year.

What were the beasts this year?
    as far as I know
    2014:
    January: Two-Bad (no Day of Sale)
    February: Glimmer
    Q1 Large Item: Modulok
    March: Hydron
    Sub exclusive: The Un-Named One
    April: Blade
    May: Scorpia
    Q2 Large Item: Battle Lion
    June: Extendar
    July: Flogg/Brakk

the 2013 Beasts/Variants were:
    Ram Man
    Fighting Foe Men 3 Pack
    New Adventures He-Man
    Horde Troopers
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    photo (2).jpg

two bad rocks !!!
    Wow!! Two-Bad looks awesome!
    And the shiled clip is very awful by the way..