Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the girls might look like....

What the girls might look like....

Based on Starfire from DC Universe figures from Mattel. Here is an idea of what Hawk (for example) might look like. This is a rough draft that I am going to fix later today. I think based on the torso, it resembles the articulation of the Masters figures we have seen so far. If the women in MOTUC look as good as the Starfire figure, I will be very happy.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danielsan52; September 29, 2008 at 11:34am. Reason: Fixed image
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'd be down with that - your mock up looks stellar. Personally, I can't wait for female figures other than Teela, Sorceress and Evil-Lyn. And I'd totally forgotten about Hawk - bring her on!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Even for a quick mock-up, that illustrates the point very well.

I'd love to have Hawk, or in general more Avion folk.

MOTUC Needs more female-figures, and Hawk would be a great addition.

She looks so sexily!

LOL Nice job reworking Starfire!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

That looks great! Nice mock up.
    I know this is gonna be a futile remark but I hope they don't add the mid torso articulation to the female MOTUC line.
    I just think it compromises the sculpt and is a bit pointless.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Wow, I'd buy that!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Looks awesome!
    You made a good job.

That's a great-looking figure right there! I think folks will buy all the gals up in an instant if they come out as good as this mock-up... I will echo what others have said about articulation though... I don't want the finished product to turn out like DCUC Wonder Woman. They need a bit o' beef to 'em... but this Hawk looks pretty much perfect. It would be great if all the female characters came out this cool

I fixed the mask and shortened the hair. I also think I like the blue wings better.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hawk would definitely be a cool addition to MotuC. The sister of Stratos and all.

I have faith in the 4H tho, and I'm sure the girls will look stellar. The only thing I'm a bit weary of, is if they'll be allowed different body-parts, like the men have been allowed. (He-man body, furry body, Mer-body)

I really hope some of the later girls will be allowed somewhat different bodies, and not just rehashes. Really, it's essential to a lot of characters. Hawk is a good example, she would need a new furry female body.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Seriously, That Hawk totally rocks! I can't wait for the line to include her and Queen Marlena.

Hey D nice!

She looks perfect. And great idea using Hawk.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    That looks great! Nice mock up.
    I know this is gonna be a futile remark but I hope they don't add the mid torso articulation to the female MOTUC line.
    I just think it compromises the sculpt and is a bit pointless.
    I agree and I also hope they lose the upper arm bycep articulation. Its looks good on the guys, but messy on the girls. The arms just look freaky on the DCUC Wonder Woman. I seriously hope Mattel ease up a bit on the articulation for the woman. But thats just my 2 cents worth.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I agree and I also hope they lose the upper arm bycep articulation. Its looks good on the guys, but messy on the girls. The arms just look freaky on the DCUC Wonder Woman. I seriously hope Mattel ease up a bit on the articulation for the woman. But thats just my 2 cents worth.
    I myself would feel really cheated if the MOTUC girls were not as articulated as their male counterparts. T Ball jointed articulation at the shoulders and at the hips are definitely needed for the figure to be posable. Marvel Legends Psylocke is one of the best sexy figures that Toy Biz did with great articulation. So was Extreme X-men Rogue, that figure was simply amazing and had a zillion joints; most of them were well made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Hmm, yeah again, like I stated in the other "MotU girls" thread, I really don't want the DCUC proportions on the MotU gals.

You're photo mock up is nice, but I'm affraid it says "we're fine with the DCUC female proportions"... And well, I'm not.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Well, I would love a Hawk figure. I just hope she'll have the more curvy "Frazetta" body type being discussed in the other thread. I also have to agree with those calling for a slight pull back on the articulation. I don't want statues but I think we could lose the bicep and mid torso cuts for the female MOTUC figures. It would create a cleaner look without taking away much in terms of poseability. I just hope were lucky enough to get some more female characters like Hawk and the POP figures in this new line.

What's wrong with the proportions? I think they look really nice on this figure. I'm not so fond of them on some of the other figures from the same line, but this one looks nice. I haven't seen it in real life, though, so perhaps someone could clue me in on why this isn't a good model? I did see the Wonder Woman figure in the other thread and have seen images of others in the line, but as far as I can tell they aren't all the same model. I like this one.

And why do you want them curvier? I think they look good with more realistic proportions. I'd much rather buy figures that look like they could actually stand up and have internal organs and maybe hold their own in a fight then buy pin-up girls who look like they'd have back problems.

And I agree, MOTU needs more women and Hawk is a great candidate. I would totally buy a Hawk figure. I usually just buy the female figures and I'd love for there to be more of them!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh wow I love what you did there. I'd buy that figure in no time.
    Excellent mock up
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

Me likey!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    Excellent mock-up.

BUT I would like to female MOTUC figures to be more "true" to their original designs/proportions. Something similar to this figure (note the "thighs of doom") is what I'm hoping for (with a better proportioned waist):

http://experiencethewonder.com/actio...Classified.php

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Excellent mock-up.

BUT I would like to female MOTUC figures to be more "true" to their original designs/proportions. Something similar to this figure (note the "thighs of doom") is what I'm hoping for (with a better proportioned waist):

Cheers.
    Mmm, Meh, no thanks. No offense but the Ed McWonder Woman is a bit butch for my tastes.
    Don't get me wrong, she looks tough! Just too muscular.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosepixie View Post
    And why do you want them curvier? I think they look good with more realistic proportions. I'd much rather buy figures that look like they could actually stand up and have internal organs and maybe hold their own in a fight then buy pin-up girls who look like they'd have back problems.
    Folks aren't talking silicone, just flesh. Most real women don't look like the DCUC figures, outside of Hollywood. We're talking ladies who have hips and thighs and waists that don't all follow a straight line. More Xena than anorexia.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I really like that Hawk you mocked up there, DanielSan52. Nice work. I'd snatch one of those up in no time.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Excellent mock-up.

Cheers.
    That's as close as I've seen to what I'd prefer, though the bust is unnecessarily large and the arms are a little thin. It's better than the DCUC females. They're so thin I always feel like they're going to break in my hands.

I'm not big on the Frazetta look that many are keen on. The female characters have never been interpreted that way in MOTU (to my knowledge), and now isn't the time to start in my mind.