Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 101

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.5!

  1. #76
    Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,515
    I favour sculpted hair mainly because they can create a hairstyle and it stays. Say She Ra has a slight bit of hair going over her eye as a design.... it would be very hard to do with rooted hair and look good.

    Name one rooted hair doll thing that is capable of hair styles.

    Also remember some of us can't plait hair etc!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

    DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

    Commissions - [TBA]

  2. #77
    Oracle of Fabulousity Kevenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    7,187
    I just want to clarify that I'm happy with the sculpted hair, but not opposed to the extra rooted head. However, it's not cost-effective for Mattel. Having them make a rooted head at a different factory and then packaged somewhere else is not cost effective. If it's the only way to get POP figures, then by all means, forgo the rooted hair.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

    "Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

    - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    absolutly...if i had the grodd pieces i make one myself ust to see how it may look...

    what would it take..a new head sculpt?...

    i would also love for them to look into using dc bodies for NA also... i think they a propotioned better...than the more bulky MOTU..and would be more suitable for the characters...IMO
    Grodd would likely only take a new head and paint app. as far as I'm concerned.

    And I agree that the DCUC sculpts would look good for NA characters. The only problem is they're slightly shorter (most of them) than MOTUC, I believe, so that would likely make some waves among fans (though not with me).

  4. #79
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,499
    I think NA characters should have the same body as the other MOTUC characters.

  5. #80
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think NA characters should have the same body as the other MOTUC characters.
    I agree, that was one the main problems of the old line it didn't really blend with the old line, which many fans would have liked and maybe supported more.

    I want to see beefed up NA characters.

  6. #81
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I agree, that was one the main problems of the old line it didn't really blend with the old line, which many fans would have liked and maybe supported more.

    I want to see beefed up NA characters.

    Agreed. Some of the concepts from NA are decent and I'd love to see what they could be like in comparrison to the MOTUC characters we've seen thus-far. I think He-Man and Skeletor alone - from NA - would be super!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior Leoghan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    were the mountains meet the swamps
    Posts
    591
    im not opposed to them giving extra heads my comment was more twords those that say they wont buy it if no rooted hair i would think we would all be behind this line no matter what at least to get eachs own favorite characters .
    the more successful the line the more figure we get and might even get a whole secound figure with rooted hair
    Eternian Beastmaster

  8. #83
    Bug-Shido Warrior gatchagrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    989
    COOL...though we disagree i LOVE seeing discussion about NA
    this is the type of stuff i think they need to see ....

    HMMM...to bad we could not see protos in both styles...as an NA fan on thing i LIKED was that it was different

    like i said i am a beggar and not a chooser and i will take anything NA they throw our way...but at the same time i am hoping they do something goo with NA and not just do a repaint where he will have furry blue pants and a gold chest plate and call him NA he-man or something
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

    Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by gatchagrey View Post
    COOL...though we disagree i LOVE seeing discussion about NA
    this is the type of stuff i think they need to see ....

    HMMM...to bad we could not see protos in both styles...as an NA fan on thing i LIKED was that it was different

    like i said i am a beggar and not a chooser and i will take anything NA they throw our way...but at the same time i am hoping they do something goo with NA and not just do a repaint where he will have furry blue pants and a gold chest plate and call him NA he-man or something
    I think they should be different, too. Not radically different so they don't fit in with the other MOTUC figures, but enough to (duh) differentiate them from the vintage look. They shouldn't be chunky, either. NA He-Man shouldn't look exactly like vintage He-Man with blue pants.

  10. #85
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I think they should be different, too. Not radically different so they don't fit in with the other MOTUC figures, but enough to (duh) differentiate them from the vintage look. They shouldn't be chunky, either. NA He-Man shouldn't look exactly like vintage He-Man with blue pants.

    I respectfully disagree because this is an all-new toy line. It's not just a re-issue of old characters. Each character has a new sculpt based on an older design but they're all meant to be congruent with one another. Therefore, an NA figures made should be a nod to their original form but should be completely compatible with the new, existing Classics look. In other words... He-Man should look the same regardless of what incarnation or outfit he is in. He should not look like a beefed-up roid-case barbarian as one figure and a slimmed down weeny in another. NA He-Man should look like the original He-Man but with clothes on. Anything else would not make sense to the original promotion and will lose my sales.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  11. #86
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,725
    I think I'd like to see them have similar or the same body types. (NA and standard MotU)

    If this to be one line, I'd like to see what NA He-Man would look like with the beefier look to him.

    I don't want He-Man to all of the sudden look like he's dropped weight because he went to the future and changed his costume.

    All that I would see them sharing parts-wise anyway would be the whole torso, the upper arms, and maybe the hands and face/head. But new sculpts for the hair, lower torso/groin, legs, feet and lower arms. And of course armor and weapons.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  12. #87
    Hero of Eternia zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    12,138
    IMO, all MOTUC and NA characters should share the same build- I think that's the entire point of this classics line... all the different sub-lines fit under one big umbrella and have a uniform look to them... rather than having your old MOTU, PoP, and NA figures sitting on a shelf together looking kind of "off" because of the different builds and styles. The old lines were great for what they were- but I- like a lot of others- want to have Sy-Klone next to Optikk next to Bow and have them look like they're all from the same toyline.
    That's right, I said BOW... when he gets the redo, he needs to have some MOTU -sized arms, chest, and legs
    While it would be cheaper for Mattel to re-use DCUC parts for the NA characters, I'd rather them pony up the extra bucks and give us Hydron and Flipshot with more muscular bods.
    Last edited by zodak74; October 8, 2008 at 10:01am.

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,130
    I can understand NA He-Man being chunky because he was supposed to be the same character, and his build wouldn't change just because he went to the future (although I liked the first NA He-Man figure best). But when I think of Hydron or Flipshot or Slush Head, I don't think of big, muscular characters. Maybe it's just me, though.

  14. #89
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,690
    If sculpting cost and perceived popularity may mean no NA, few NA, or NA way down the line,
    I'd much rather have NA that recycle MOTU parts than have little to no NA at all.

  15. #90
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If sculpting cost and perceived popularity may mean no NA, few NA, or NA way down the line,
    I'd much rather have NA that recycle MOTU parts than have little to no NA at all.
    Agreed. Though this is why I'm anxious to see what the real difference between DCU and MOTUC is size wise. Its possible they could use parts from DCU for NA characters. However I agree the he-man should still be the same build. It would be odd to change his body size I think.

    But yea if it means we get more NA then by all means use parts!

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior Leoghan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    were the mountains meet the swamps
    Posts
    591
    i SO want NA to be looking like this new he-man but with pants same with skeletor and all other NA characters they decide to give us
    same for POP , if its MOTU then it should all fit together ,for once
    Eternian Beastmaster

  17. #92
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,710
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    If sculpting cost and perceived popularity may mean no NA, few NA, or NA way down the line,
    I'd much rather have NA that recycle MOTU parts than have little to no NA at all.
    Think about NA He-Man. New parts really needed:
    Non fuzzy trunks (re-usable for several other characters like Syklone)
    Boots (could be pieces added to a generic, re-usable calf, perfect for other NA characters)
    Chest harness
    New head
    New sword
    New wristbands if seen as necessary

    Torso, arms, thighs, feet, all can be existing parts. The new legs and trunks are also re-usable, so I don't see it as being out of the question because of too many new parts being needed.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  18. #93
    Bug-Shido Warrior gatchagrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Think about NA He-Man. New parts really needed:
    Non fuzzy trunks (re-usable for several other characters like Syklone)
    Boots (could be pieces added to a generic, re-usable calf, perfect for other NA characters)
    Chest harness
    New head
    New sword
    New wristbands if seen as necessary

    Torso, arms, thighs, feet, all can be existing parts. The new legs and trunks are also re-usable, so I don't see it as being out of the question because of too many new parts being needed.

    thats the thing with NA he-man though...do we settle for the simple version...
    or are we gonna get the full armor with the helmet...is this a 2 head needed figure...does it need 2 chest pieces...or will the armor fit over the harness or will the harness be molded into the figure..or do they ust have the harness and leave out armor...

    i love the custom that jsun did...i hope that they can cado something similar with the armor

    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

    Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,512
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I favour sculpted hair mainly because they can create a hairstyle and it stays. Say She Ra has a slight bit of hair going over her eye as a design.... it would be very hard to do with rooted hair and look good.

    Name one rooted hair doll thing that is capable of hair styles.

    Also remember some of us can't plait hair etc!!!
    Well Mattel is capable of doing hair styles with rooted hair. Check out some of the high quality Barbies. They have rooted hair, but they have been styled and somewhat coated in something to hold their shape.Example is the new Barbie Supergirl doll. She is great! The hair is neat how it's styled. Only problem is that it won't stay for long. Especially, if played with. But looks good displayed. But this is a 11 inch doll. It would be a lot harder to do in a 6 inch scale and get it to look right.

    That's why I say stick with the sculpted hair. The rooted hair can tend to become a problem.

    As for NA figures and the use of DCU figures. I don't see a problem. Many of them look great! Especially since they're to be wearing skin tight costumes. Do we need nipples on them?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  20. #95
    Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,195
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'd much rather have NA that recycle MOTU parts than have little to no NA at all.
    Agreed as well.

    As long as it looks cool, I don't care about shared parts.
    Several of the NA characters could start with like repainted or slightly modified MAA or Mekaneck armor, a new head, and they'd look pretty cool to me.
    And I'd be totally cool with scott's He-Man recipe too.

    But with the 4H at the helm, I don't think we need to worry.

  21. #96
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Well Mattel is capable of doing hair styles with rooted hair. Check out some of the high quality Barbies. They have rooted hair, but they have been styled and somewhat coated in something to hold their shape.Example is the new Barbie Supergirl doll. She is great! The hair is neat how it's styled. Only problem is that it won't stay for long. Especially, if played with. But looks good displayed. But this is a 11 inch doll. It would be a lot harder to do in a 6 inch scale and get it to look right.

    That's why I say stick with the sculpted hair. The rooted hair can tend to become a problem.

    As for NA figures and the use of DCU figures. I don't see a problem. Many of them look great! Especially since they're to be wearing skin tight costumes. Do we need nipples on them?
    I'd like to preface with I AM NOT one of these people... HOWEVER lol, there are some people who want rooted hair so they can style it themselves, comb it, play with it. Its one of the most nostalgic elements of the old pop dolls, that and the fabric cloths.

  22. #97
    Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grove City, Ohio USA
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I'd like to preface with I AM NOT one of these people... HOWEVER lol, there are some people who want rooted hair so they can style it themselves, comb it, play with it. Its one of the most nostalgic elements of the old pop dolls, that and the fabric cloths.
    :cringe and shudder: -- precisely why I want action figures and not dolls!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

    Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

  23. #98
    Bug-Shido Warrior gatchagrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    989
    not the best picture in the world but i thought i do a comparison pic between greyskull and a dc figure...just to get a feel if it would work for NA..

    Last edited by gatchagrey; October 10, 2008 at 07:46pm.
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

    Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

  24. #99
    Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,515
    LOL KG's head is HUGE

    Hmmm, it could work for the less heroically built characters, even Kobra Kahn. I prefer the skinner version of him.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

    DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

    Commissions - [TBA]

  25. #100
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,060
    I personally wiould display Catra, Frosta et al with sculpted hair, but would not have been opposed to there being a second head for those that wanted it rooted.

    Mind you, the idea for a box of heads is great as it means that those that want them could get them. People like me would leave them(yeah right, put a MOTU logo on it, I'll get it!)
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •