Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope Teela, Evil Lyn and She-ra don't look like the DCUC Wonder Woman

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

I hope Teela, Evil Lyn and She-ra don't look like the DCUC Wonder Woman

I found that pic taken by someone on the Fwoosh forum. It's a side view of the new DCUC Wonder Woman toy sculpted by the Four Horsemen.

Now before I start whining, lemme tell you that I've actually ordered one of these, I think the overall sculpt is good esp. the head. Hoewever, my point is that this figure has all the stuff that I DON'T WANT in MOTUC girls. Namely, she looks too skinny and stick-insect like IMO.

I think it makes her look more like a teenager than a sexy grown woman. I feel the head is too big, but , just like King Grayskull, if you look at the prototype, the statue was fine. For those who don't believe me, compare the prototype pic of King Grayskull with the actual toy, the head has gotten bigger, hence making the whole body look smaller. It has been a consistent problem with Mattel toys for many years and I hope they can fix this on MOTUC.

Please, please, 4 horsemen and Mattel, give us Frazetti-like proportions and statures on the new MOTUC female sculpts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Female action figures are really hard to make. The best I've seen in MotU is the 200X Teela and Evil Lyn. I saw a SDCC She-Ra for sale at a store today (wish I had bought it), and she was gorgeous. The thing with those three is that they have fewer points of articulation compared to the new DCUC Wonder Woman action figure, which to me, is better. All those joints really messes her up a bit. Wonder Woman is a skinny gal, and that pose is not the most flattering I've seen of her of that toy. The thing with She-Ra (I do hope they make a MotUC She-Ra, Teela, Evil-Lyn, and Sorceress) is that I don't think it would look as bad since she has a skirt, longer arm gauntlets, a slightly more decorative breast-plate, a cape, and a headdress to fill her up more and make it less noticable.

I'd like to see an example done in both styles to decide which one I like better.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Just as long as the figures are well proportioned, i'll be fine with it.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Marvel legends Psylocke or the Marvel Legends SDCC exclusive Shanna look a lot more fleshy than that Wonder Woman sculpted by the 4 horsemen. Again, I like it and I just bought one from Evil Bay, I'm just saying I think the MOTUC babes should be a little more curvacious and less anorexic looking than this Wonder Woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    That WW is awful IMO. I feel it's because of the articulation makes the figure look bad.

Hopefully, as Orko's Hat mentioned, with all the garments the MOTU women wear the 4HM can better hide the articulation. If not, I definitely won't be buying any ugly MOTUC girls... I'll stick with the well-made MYP-Era figures.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

Doesn't the DCUC Harley Quinn look better? I don't have her, but she seems like she has better proportions.

I agree that ML shanna is a much more appropriate "build" for Teela and Evil Lyn.

But I do think WW is a great figure, that I'll never find at retail.
    This is me wishing Mattel didn't hate me.

I had been looking forward to WW for a long time but having her in person I was disappointed that the articulation made her so... homely and scrawny looking.
    Something that also made both Supergirls, Batgirls and Catwoman look like awful jobs next to the other DCUC figures...
    So far that kind of slimness has only worked with Harley Quinn...
    so yeah, once I got Wonder Woman and Artemis my first thought was "Oh please don't recycle ANY of these parts for the MOTUC gals!"
    I can't imagine a Castaspella, Sorceress, Teela, Evil-Lyn, Frosta, or any of the others coming out like this...

I agree, I would like to see a unique female figure for MotU and PoP characters.

I expect it as the male figures are so unique from the DCUC male figures. They intentionally made the MotU guys with a musculature that is more similar to the original toys, yet still done with a slight modern twist on that original anatomy. So I'm expecting (hoping) that they'll do the same for the women too. I'd like to see some "healthy" looking MotU gals, not the "heroic but way skinny" look the DCUC gals have.

I trust the 4HM, I'm sure Teela will knock my socks off and I'll fall in love all over again with her.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I feel that in a line full of big ol' barbarian men, we should have thick, barbarian women as well. When I say "thick," I don't mean fat, but a female figure with muscles & curves. Legs that look like she'll kick a hole right through you. She's gotta look like she can wield one of those Masters weapons & not break her arm tryin' to pick it up. Look at a Frank Cho Red Sonja comic cover & you'll know what I'm looking for in the Masters Of The Universe females.

I love that WW figure, so if the MotUC ladies look like that I'll be happy. Although I suspect that they'll look more like an homage to the vintage style ladies, which would be fine as well.

I want Frazetta proportions:

"I want Frazetta proportions:"
    True That!!!
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Obviously, the MATTEL TEELA will have a bit less articulation, and I'm totally cool with that. The lack of thigh cut won't bother me one bit.

Unfortunatly, most ( not all ) people these days think women need to look anorexic to be hot, and a heck of a lot of them are drawn that way in comics. A lot of people think if a woman weighs more than a buck O five, she's fat. Personally, I like for a woman to have some curves.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Well me, myself and I really liked the original shape of Mattel's Teela and Evil-Lyn fugures, perticularly their thigh's. These women were totally battle ready, but there was still an element of chicness about their forms. Give them a decent bust and rear by all means, but don't turn them into amazons. There is a sleekness about all the MOTU and POP women, perticularly POP that many people love! Hopefully the 4H will work this into their sculpts. I worry if they give us something totally based on Frazetta proportions, the sleekness of these characters could be lost. Hopefully the 4H will find a happy medium that will please most fans.

Here is a pic of a Wonder Woman Action figure (not by the 4H) posted by Eamon in another thread, but I can't remember the name of the guy who sculpted it. For my money this is how I would like to see MOTU and POP women sculpted. Curvy, sleek and totally beautiful. There is loads of articulation in this sculpt but its hidden well!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/WWfigure.jpg
    Last edited by Angel-T; September 29, 2008 at 01:07pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Well me, myself and I really liked the original shape of Mattel's Teela and Evil-Lyn fugures, perticularly their thigh's. These women were totally battle ready, but there was still an element of chicness about their forms. Give them a decent bust and rear by all means, but don't turn them into amazons. There is a sleekness about all the MOTU and POP women, perticularly POP that many people love! Hopefully the 4H will work this into their sculpts. I worry if they give us something totally based on Frazetta proportions, the sleekness of these characters could be lost. Hopefully the 4H will find a happy medium that will please most fans.

Here is a pic of a Wonder Woman Action figure (not by the 4H) posted by Eamon in another thread, but I can't remembber the name of the guy who sculpted it. For my money this is how I would like to see MOTU and POP women sculpted. Curvy, sleek and totally beautiful. There is loads of articulation in this sculpt but its hidden well!

Angel-T I totally agree, the sculpt for Wonder Woman in that photo would be absolutely perfect for MOTU and POP.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post

Here is a pic of a Wonder Woman Action figure (not by the 4H) posted by Eamon in another thread, but I can't remembber the name of the guy who sculpted it. For my money this is how I would like to see MOTU and POP women sculpted. Curvy, sleek and totally beautiful. There is loads of articulation in this sculpt but its hidden well!

Now that's hot.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm expecting a sculpt that is more similar to the following (with MOTUC articulation of course):

http://experiencethewonder.com/actio...Classified.php

I quite like the new DCUC Wonder Woman (although I'm yet to own one), but I agree that the final product doesn't seem as "stocky" as the prototype.

Cheers.

This is something I've actually been saying for a while.
    I don't want the MOTUC women to have the same level or articuation as the DCU stuff. They are fine figures but the articulation compromises the sculpt far too much for my tastes.

Now yer talking!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Oh I think the 4HM can pull off a similar amount of articulation for the women as they've done for the men and still have great sturdy sculpts.

And just add my AMEN to the list for the FRAZETTA proportions!
    Even some Frank Cho proportionage going on wouldn't be a bad thing...
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

If we go by that, it would mean no mid thigh joint so that's a good thing. But I worry about the a mid torso and shoulder joints.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I actually think the Four Horsemen's women are always too skinny. Teela, any of the women in the DC Heroes line - they are all too, too skinny. I loved the original Teela who had beautifully curvy thighs. And I HATE mid-thigh articulation. I hope we won't have to put up with that mess in this line.

I hope the Teela body is curvy and muscular. They need to stop thinking of Victoria's Secret models for these characters and look at people like Crush on American Gladiators, who is curvy, muscular and gorgeous as their inspiration.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Yep the 2002 line Teela was also skinny. But on the other hand she was more a post teen girl... As for Evil Lyn...well she's a witch, so she may have a not that muscular body.
    I think the problem is more with the articulation of the female figures.

But if you ask me, I'm more for the Boris Valejo/Julie Bell style warrior women look, than for Frank Frazetta bodytype.

or Maybe:

The pic from Angel-T of Wonder Woman is also something I would prefer for Teela or She-ra in figure form.

Or maybe something like Tiffany from the Spawn line:

Last edited by Aramis; September 29, 2008 at 02:31pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    And I HATE mid-thigh articulation. I hope we won't have to put up with that mess in this line.
    I cannot agree with you enlough! It's just to much (IMO)!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!