Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.6!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Thats pretty lame about the movie figures.

Id actually buy a movie skeletor over any other figure mattel could ever offer me. Rather than re-hasing every charachter we already own again, itd be a great bold step to give us something ALOT (not all) of us wanted since our childhoods..........

And whilst im thankfull for King Grayskull (not his paint apps), Movie Skeletor > Everything on earth.

Unless we get Julie and her parents tomb stones....
    Prehaps Kevin with do notthing action, with sound chip "Ba...da da da....... Ba... da da da, DA DA!"
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    So far things look good to me. I just wonder if for the subscription service (if they do it) will they charge the full amount for the 12 figures all at once or charge per figure as they send them out. I hope they charge per figure as they send them out, otherwise I can't shell out that much money all at once especially with this economy as bad as it is.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    So far things look good to me. I just wonder if for the subscription service (if they do it) will they charge the full amount for the 12 figures all at once or charge per figure as they send them out. I hope they charge per figure as they send them out, otherwise I can't shell out that much money all at once especially with this economy as bad as it is.
    My sentiments exactly...I am guessing that they will charge for all 12 figures at once. I only say that because this is a young site, and this would probably be easiest. I will do cartwheels if they only charge when a figure ships ala bigbadtoystore.
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

Quote Originally Posted by thexxwatcherxx View Post
    This is my concern as well. Let's see how things pan out.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    That sucks about KARG. I would have loved to have seen one made into an action figure. With the He-Man "knock off" toys that McFarlene has been releasing lately (Warriors of the Zodiac?), I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making figures that looks similar to Karg and Shadow Weaver for some of that "MOTU" money.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

7. Has mattycollector.com made any progress with the subscription / preordering / group shipping option? Many fans would like to save money on shipping by having figures shipped in intervals while avoiding a possible sell-out of a first-edition figure.
    Yes. We will have an option to buy 12 figures at once. These figures will be mailed as they come in each month. We won’t unfortunately have the ability to hold a “subscription” of character in our wherehouse and send them at the end of the year though. That would just take too much man power at this point. If you do order all 12 figures through the subscription you will receive each figure as it comes out to avoid sell outs.
    ***JVS3 note: Just to clarify, that means you'll also have to pay the appropriate shipping on each figure. Preordering all 12 figures for that year won't save you any money, but will insure a first-run figure.

Great Scott!! That's almost $500 without shipping to pony up at one time in order to get 2 of each figure! I think the vast majority of us can't afford that. I WAS going to buy 2 of everyone, but this is a bit high...
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

You still have the option of ordering each month.

Heroic Warrior
    Informative answers. Thanks Mattel.

However, I'm concerned that Mattel aren't looking into other (cheaper) international distribution methods for the figures until further down the line. The high cost of shipping (which doubles the cost of the figure for places like Australia) combined with the weakened Australian dollar means I'll have to cut back on collecting the figures from the very start. BUT if there was a cheaper shipping option, then I could indulge in purchasing more figures right from the start.

Hopefully the international customer numbers for He-Man and Skeletor (two figures which I MUST own) will be good enough for Mattel to look into distributing these figures either through their regional offices (in each country) or even directly from China (where the figures are presumably made).

Cheers.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    One possibly positive perspective for international fans is that TG said before that they'd consider going back into production if He-Man, Skeletor, etc. sell out quickly.

That could mean that by the time they figure out something better for international distribution, they'll be doing second runs on some of the earlier characters that fans missed out on due to the high cost of shipping individual figures.

That's one way to look at it.

I am continually impressed that so much thought is being put into the line from the production end. I cringe when I read posts complaining about not having the ability to get one certain character (shadow weaver) or that they want to be able to subscribe to all 12 figures at once but don't want to pay shipping on each individual figure or whatever. It can't be perfect and everyone's own little wish can't be fulfilled. I think if we really want to see this great franchise resurected we should appreciate the efforts being made, the good product we have seen so far, and the fact that we as collectors are being thought of first. My advice (and I am sure by this point you really want it) is to not let the disappointment on one small aspect of the line ruin your enjoyment of the whole. Who would have thought that after the line was stopped in the 80's we would ever see it again. Then it came again with the cartoon, but sputtered too soon. Now we have another chance to support the franchise and see how much it can grow. At the same time we get to further our interest and love of this world and I for one am excited about that.

"Calm like a bomb." thexxwatcherxx's Avatar
    Like I said I am interested in the pre-order option as I do work as a substitute teacher and have no access to a computer in the classroom. While there is a internet connection available, the admin. really frown when sub's use the teacher's comp for personal business. I want to insure I can get my first run figures while not having to take a day off each month to insure that. With ToyGuru talking about POSSIBLE sellouts within the first day, that's a real concern that I go to work and by the time I get home the figures are sold out. I can't be hitting ebay each month to pay double or triple the price. Although that is all speculation on my part having some concrete info on the preorder system would be a great relief, otherwise getting these figures is going to be a real pain and I don't want to do that again. That is what mattel promised would not happen. Val or ToyGuru what say ye, any possible info?

BTW Hey Val, long while no speak. It's been awhile since I have seen the great eye in the sky, well now it's a ferret but how are ya anyways, lol.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Thexxwatcherxx's Newly Chosen:
    Batman1180~The Godbeast~TheFallen~
    Sword-of-Grayskull~ChrisBryan~

So, if I understand correctly, Mattel wants to look at how many foreign fans order the first couple of figures to determine whether or not they open their own online store in certain areas?
    Howeber, a huge amount of Germans already said they ain't going to order via MattyCollector.com due to the language, higher shipping, credit card and PayPal payment methods, longer wait for arrival, toll problems, etc. BUT they would gladly order the figures if they were able to buy them directyl via a German onlineshop which ships the product within Germany.
    So, if many of them don't order via mattycollector.com, won't it appear to Mattel as if there just ain't enough Germans interested into the new line to warrant the installation of a German online store - despite the true facts why they didn't order?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Another side note about the beautiful land that is Germany. (land of my ancestors)...

Google analytics on my blog tells me...

1. A sizable portion of folks that come to my blog come through THIS site. (thank you he-man.org!)
    2. Outside the US, the next country that visits my blog religiously would be Germany. They beat Canada (3rd country) two to one.
    (Admittedly my last name is Baertsch... )

Not saying that Mattel needs to do anything with this info, other than maybe based on Sir Reilly's post and what I've seen with my blog... There is without a doubt in my mind, a HUGE MotU fanbase in Germany, and could most likely support a distribution site there.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Do we even need to test the German fandom?

Seriously, wasn't Germany always top of the international sales?
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Has anything ever been asked about how carefully they will be packaging the figures since they come on a card and not in a box like KG? I don't want to order and get a bent up card because it wasn't packaged well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, Mattel wants to look at how many foreign fans order the first couple of figures to determine whether or not they open their own online store in certain areas?
    Howeber, a huge amount of Germans already said they ain't going to order via MattyCollector.com due to the language, higher shipping, credit card and PayPal payment methods, longer wait for arrival, toll problems, etc. BUT they would gladly order the figures if they were able to buy them directyl via a German onlineshop which ships the product within Germany.
    So, if many of them don't order via mattycollector.com, won't it appear to Mattel as if there just ain't enough Germans interested into the new line to warrant the installation of a German online store - despite the true facts why they didn't order?
    Hey Sir,
    If there's a German onlineshop I will order there too (I am from Slovak Rep.). You have my support!!!!! Can you read this Mattel???
    => I WILL ORDER FROM A GERMAN ONLINESHOP <=

That probably is how it will appear to Mattel, and that's to be expected since, well, that's apparently the case.

If fans want the figures, they should order them. If there are that many reasons not to order, it seems to me it's not worth it to them (which is understandable. I can only imagine how much it would cost to get MOTUC in a foreign country).

Yes, my brother and sister have a few kids. And their would buy some figs too, if there were a german Online Shop.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    That's why Mattel needs to POLL its fanbase!! C'mon, Toy Guru!
    Just a few simple questions (including what country you're from) to get a more specific pulse on things.

Then if Mattel went to the trouble to do something like that, and international fans don't come forward and reveal their true numbers, there wouldn't be much else they could do.

But like Nate says, a distro site in Germany (via one or several e-tailer partners) does sound like an excellent solution, for our European friends anyway.

I guess fans in other places (Australia, South America, etc.) might contact their favorite locally-based collectibles/comic shop and convince them to be interested in carrying MOTUC stock.

I just think if a retail shop contacted Mattel saying "Hey, if you're interested I would take X cases of He-Man and Beastman from you right away," that would be more convincing than a few fans asking for it, especially if the stores would be willing to stock a sizable amount.

As far as how many people across the world own MOTUC figures, the more the merrier, that's what I say.

Germany would be a logical choice as would the UK. Germany is quite central within Europe I suppose! As long as they have English language options and take paypal I would be down with this.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Lycan
    I'm stunned that they would consider the blank figures for customs. I thought it'd be absolutely pointless asking about that. I guess you never can tell, depending on just how successful this line is.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

The answer about the number of international fans is ineed a little confusing. You could even argue that lots of international orders mean no need to have a European shop...

In the end international shipping could be deal breaker, especiall if problems with customs arise.

Anyway, thanks for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I'm stunned that they would consider the blank figures for customs. I thought it'd be absolutely pointless asking about that. I guess you never can tell, depending on just how successful this line is.
    OH yeah!

I really love the idea of blank figures specifically for the customizers!
    I think that's a brilliant idea, that I hope they actually do it!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    OH yeah!

I really love the idea of blank figures specifically for the customizers!
    I think that's a brilliant idea, that I hope they actually do it!
    Me too... perhaps packaging a blank rubber pop head with no hair might be the best way to go to please the POP fans that want to be able to put rooted heads ontheir pop gals. Since Mattel wouldn't be doing the rooting it wouldn't have to be at a different site and it would make sense to package something like this in a "customizers bundle"

As far as the movie figures go, I don't think the style of this line would do any justice for the movie characters. Personally I would like to see something from Movie Maniacs or something similar for the MOTU movie.

The blank figures is an excellent idea, they should do a kit with so many arms, so many legs and so on and then let you create and paint your own character. Although, honestly I wouldn't pay much for this

Speaking of painting, that is something I generally despise is variant repaints. Seems to me to be a waste of money to buy a figure that you already have because its painted a little different.

-Hemo