Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Cringer Discussion

MOTUC Cringer Discussion

So I was thinking about it tonight as I was reading the Orko thread. What do you guys think of having Cringer sold with a pack in of a more sinister head and armor for Battle Cat? That way we would be able to finally get a Cringer figure, and Mattel would save money buy just having to put in armor and a second head for Battle Cat.

That's a solid idea actually. But I'm a little torn because I would like cringer to be smaller, possibly included with Adam and then Battle Cat to be a big stead.

However I would be fine if this is how they do it. I just hope we get our battle cat since he's not just a ride, but an important character (imo at least)
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I want a solid, accurate version of EACH.

If not doable, I'd take a solid version of only Battle Cat.

I'd prefer to not get a half-way version in which both characters are compromised.

But as you say, if the only way to get a Cringer is to headswap BC, then so be it.

I'd even take a PVC-esque Cringer a la Odiphus as long as it looked right.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Cringer is a small cat and Battle cat is two times the size of Cringer. People should stop suggesting That Mattel have to "save money" making figures with the same body just a different head or add this or that accessory and wow, a new figure just born. Value your money and stop asking for cheap recycle items. We all have King Greyskull and understand the potential of this new line. That is what MOTUC is all about, an awesome product. What is the meaning of having a lot of rush recycle pieces insted of a great desing products. Just be patient and support the line, we'll get everything we wish. But, please stop suggesting that Mattel needs to save money, they already did the brain storm and they now how to run a line, Mattel is not a new company after all. People, respect yourself and expect more from them. There is not intention to offend anybody with this reply.
    Last edited by hhhelmsley; October 17, 2008 at 05:08pm.

I would love to have Cringer, but I just thought of something. Is Cringer a Filmation character or was he made by Mattel? I didn't know if he appeared in any of the mini comics first or what. I'd like to know because then we would know if he could be made or not.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    Cringer is a small cat and Battle cat is two times the size of Cringer. People should stop suggesting That Mattel have to "save money" making figures with the same body just a different head or add this or that accessory and wow, a new figure just born. Value your money and stop asking for cheap recycle items. We all have King Greyskull and understand the potential of this new line. That is what MOTUC is all about, an awesome product. What is the meaning of having a lot of rush recycle pieces insted of a great desing products. Just be patient and support the line, we'll get everything we wish. But, please stop suggesting that Mattel needs to save money, they already did the brain storm and they now how to run a line, Mattel is not a new company after all. Respect yourself and expect more from them.
    No need to get so defensive, Mattel has already suggested that they would be putting alternative heads with some of the figures, so it was merely a suggestion.
    I understand that Cringer was slightly smaller, but that, the armor, and maybe the one fang were the only differences between Cringer and Battle cat. The bottom line is Mattel is running a business here, and while I support the MOTUC line 100%, and will be buying 2 of of almost every figure they release, you got to look at it from their perspective, to make a new slightly smaller mold for Cringer, can and will they sell enough of them to cover their costs. They know that they will sell Battle Cats all day. That's were my suggestion came in. Ask yourself why they never did a Cringer, maybe Filmation owned the rights but maybe not? In the end this is an arena were fellow MOTU fans can come together and express their ideas, and thoughts, so for you to start questioning people's respect for themselves is ridiculous and uncalled for.

I agrree that it would be preferable to get a Cringer as a pack-in (best would be with a small-sized/not He-Man repaint version of Adam), but if it came down to it, I would be just as happy with a swappable Battle Cat. Heck, they could tart with that, and providided the line lasted long enough, we could get a dedicated version later. (In fact, I would say the same fro Adam himself: First release a HM repaint-type, then later an Adam...packed w/ Cringer!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Maybe someone should ask ToyGuru if Cringer can be made at all. He would know because Filmation characters are off limits and I'm not sure if Cringer is Filmation, mini comics, or whatever he may be. Either way I'd love to have Cringer.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I remember Cringer appearing in the DC Comics version of MOTU. That would mean he wasn't a Filmation creation wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Maybe someone should ask ToyGuru if Cringer can be made at all. He would know because Filmation characters are off limits and I'm not sure if Cringer is Filmation, mini comics, or whatever he may be. Either way I'd love to have Cringer.
    You know what that is a great idea, I will ask it for the 2.8 round of questions.

I'm a moron! I just thought of something. Didn't they say whoever was a toy in the 80's or any character from the 200X cartoon series were game? If that's the case, Cringer was in the 200X cartoon so he should be fair game. Don't take my word for it though.

I could really care less for Cringer. His character was always annoying to me. I could really do with out BattleCat as well. Id rather have the JetSled!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Blaspheme!

...Sky Sled would be pretty wicked, though...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

agreed...i don't know how you can have He-man without Battle cat...

it just dont feel right..

although a sky sled would be really really cool
    http://bugshido.deviantart.com/

Be apart of the "Gatchgrey and Royal-T present: the Bug-Shido Staction Character Contest"
    details here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176988

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Blaspheme!

...Sky Sled would be pretty wicked, though...
    I don't know why I called it a JetSled but yea I ment SkySled.

Battle Cat is cool. But Id rather have a vechilce that i can buy many of that both sides can use.

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    I don't know why I called it a JetSled but yea I ment SkySled.

Battle Cat is cool. But Id rather have a vechilce that i can buy many of that both sides can use.

What's wrong with the JetSled? I loved that thing!

What's wrong with the JetSled? I loved that thing!
    Im sooooooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone

Honestly, I replied with Sky Sled, having thought that you wrote Sky Sled, and now I see that you did put down Jet Sled, which I actually like the sound of better, and now I too, am a bit confused...

I'm a moron! I just thought of something. Didn't they say whoever was a toy in the 80's or any character from the 200X cartoon series were game? If that's the case, Cringer was in the 200X cartoon so he should be fair game. Don't take my word for it though.
    I believe any characters from the 200x cartoon are fair game, so Cringer shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    Im sooooooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know!
    The JetSled came out at the same time the Stilt Stalker and Megalaser were released. It was a pretty cool vehicle/accessory.

Heroic Warrior
    My personal preferance would be a smaller version packed in with Orko. Two Small characters that seem to polarize a lot of different fans. I guess I was always one of those who kids who NEVER considered BattleCat without armor to be Cringer.

he was just too big....

The JetSled came out at the same time the Stilt Stalker and Megalaser were released. It was a pretty cool vehicle/accessory.
    Oh yeah! I have the Jet Sled! That thing is fun!

Phantom 1592, I agree wholeheartedly. If for some reasson, Mattel didn't think they would get to Cringer in such a pack, however, I would like a spare Cringer head. The best choice would be to package him with someone else.
    My money would be for a smaller/younger Adam (ala 200X, rather than Classic) to come with an articulated Cringer.

I'd prefer to see Battle Cat first. But if they could make a Cringer down the line that would also be cool.

If this is to be in the spirit of the 80's line, than both would be the same mold. I am easy either way.

Prince Adam and Cringer.

I would love to see an actual Cringer figure that is smaller and more meak/scared looking than Battlecat. For perfection, package him with a MOTC Prince Adam figure.

I never liked the Cringer character myself, but for some reason your idea sounds kind of cool.