Thread: Classics style G.I. Joe Big Boa

Classics style G.I. Joe Big Boa

After many attempts to get this right, I was finally able to complete my custom of my favorite GI Joe character Big Boa! A special thanks to Kevin "Tin" Kosse for sculpting and painting the head for me.

Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Heroic Warrior
    Wow... This is better than hasbro would of put out if they never dropped the ball. This is fantastic. How did you make the spikes.. This is just incredible. .

Heroic Warrior
    Should plug in them holes on the gloves with green stuff and touch Em up. And fill in that void on the harness as well.

Give us some detail on how you went about creating this..

Are those boxing gloves from a Rocky figure and did they fit on easy enough?

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Should plug in them holes on the gloves with green stuff and touch Em up. And fill in that void on the harness as well.

Give us some detail on how you went about creating this..
    The gloves have joints in them, that's why they aren't filled in. I did fill in the hole in the harness with some apoxy but it fell off during painting.

The figure is made from an oolarr torso and Sir Laser lot legs. The loin piece is from Stong Arm, with a sculpted belt buckle using apoxy sculpt. The boots are also from Strong Arm. The harness was a major pain to make, it's Batros's harness with bat symbol removed and painted red. I used a spike bracelet I found at Michaels and cut the ends off the spikes and painted them silver. I hammered in some eyelets on the harness for the base of the spikes and glued them in. The gloves are from a Jakks Pacific Rocky figure. I used a Dremel tool to hollow them out enough from the to fit snugly over the wrists, with hands removed. Lastly, the head was commissioned through Kevin Kosse who did a superb job on it!

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Are those boxing gloves from a Rocky figure and did they fit on easy enough?
    Yes, they are from a Jakks Pacific Rocky figure. I had to hollow them out a little with a Dremel tool so they could fit over the wrists.

Heroic Warrior
    Incredible. . Came out spectacular.

One of my favorite Cobra characters. I always thought he would look good in the MOTUVERSE. GREAT JOB

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Incredible. . Came out spectacular.
    Thanks for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEEKERS View Post
    One of my favorite Cobra characters. I always thought he would look good in the MOTUVERSE. GREAT JOB
    Thank you very much!

I like this A LOT! His look could EASILY transfer over to classics (minus the gloves, but maybe having two Fisto hands? Just too bad it would require having the left fist) although I think they're cool as!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Dude, that is soooo cool and utterly perfect. I would freaking love to have one of these on my shelf. I'd really dig seeing a Destro of this quality *hint*

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Dude, that is soooo cool and utterly perfect. I would freaking love to have one of these on my shelf. I'd really dig seeing a Destro of this quality *hint*
    Hmm, that's a good idea! I may have to find someone to chrome plate a head for me though!

FAB version. would you consider trying if time to do MOTUC Voltar or Destro another two classic GI Joe character?

Court Magician
    wowzers! so awesome!