Thread: Video for fixing Intergalactic Skeletor armor?

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar

Video for fixing Intergalactic Skeletor armor?

Hey guys, I've search quite a bit and can't find anything.

I bought a 2nd NA Skelly to "de-fatten" a bit, but want to find some kind of tutorial. Anyone have anything that I might have missed??
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I could use this too!

Na Skelly is the worst offender IMO.

Hydron and Sea Hawk aren't much better.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't remember seeing a video, but a few people posted pics in the "NA Skeletor Arrival" thread. Most of them seemed to involve simply slicing away the entire area around the tabs and then gluing the armor down.

I just removed the armor carefully by heating with a hairdryer where they glued it. Once the armor was off I sanded down his lats on both sides of his torso then re-attached his armor and re-glued it and he got slimmer looking. Since the armor was made to look like his skin and glued closed it didn't mater what his lats looked like underneath
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I just removed the armor carefully by heating with a hairdryer where they glued it. Once the armor was off I sanded down his lats on both sides of his torso then re-attached his armor and re-glued it and he got slimmer looking. Since the armor was made to look like his skin and glued closed it didn't mater what his lats looked like underneath
    You just Dremel-ed the lats? I don't suppose you took any pics during the process, did you??
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    You just Dremel-ed the lats? I don't suppose you took any pics during the process, did you??
    No sorry I didn't, but honestly it's easy, and if a Dremel bothers you just use some fine sandpaper and do it by hand till you make his lats area thinner on both sides. you can then place the armor back on and check to see if you made him thin enough before re-gluing the armor at the sides and tabs.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Nice work.

I see you fixed the reversed shoulders as well. Huge improvement.
    What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose.

Anyone who reversed the shoulders, did you just split apart the chest and back around the seam? Any tips or tricks to getting the shoulders off?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Once you take the armor off the torso splits apart really easily, matty didnt use any if at all glue because the armor holds it together. You will have to dremel down the shoulder post of one arm if you do the shoulder switch because they are different sizes, you'll see what i mean when you do the switch. You don't have to worry about sanding down the Lats too far because any mistake will be covered when you re glue the armor back down. It will take a lot of adjusting and trying to get it right but just go a little at a time until it all lines up.

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    Anyone who reversed the shoulders, did you just split apart the chest and back around the seam? Any tips or tricks to getting the shoulders off?

I posted pictures of the custom figs with reduced armor in this thread in the 'customs forum':
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...es-bulky-armor

You can check Hydron, IG Skeletor, Flogg and also Rio Blast after the fix. The fix is inspired by He-bro and Hunter Knight.

This is by far the BEST execution of slimming figure down I have ever seen, no doubt about it. How you took your time and aligned the sides unlike some that just couldn't be bothered and cut it out making the figure look ugly when not looked at en face - a sign of true devotion, perfectionism and proffesionalism. BRAVO!! I bow my head! If you only lived closer I would be happy to pay for your assistance with a few of my own starting with NA Skelly. Simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

It's just so ridiculous - and quite frankly inexcusable - that we even need to discuss this.
    What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose.

Absolutely, all because Matty designers didnt give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    It's just so ridiculous - and quite frankly inexcusable - that we even need to discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I posted pictures of the custom figs with reduced armor in this thread in the 'customs forum':
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...es-bulky-armor

You can check Hydron, IG Skeletor, Flogg and also Rio Blast after the fix. The fix is inspired by He-bro and Hunter Knight.
    you simply cut the armor away in spots that's not what were talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MEisterShake View Post
    Absolutely, all because Matty designers didnt give a crap.
    Well thankfully that Mattel designer ~Coughs-Ruben-Coughs~ is no longer employed at Mattel. Brandon Sopinsky has done a wonderful job so far in 2015 for Armor designs.

I need to commission someone to make these changes for me. I don't trust myself not to mess this up.

Quote Originally Posted by robaczek View Post
    This is by far the BEST execution of slimming figure down I have ever seen, no doubt about it. How you took your time and aligned the sides unlike some that just couldn't be bothered and cut it out making the figure look ugly when not looked at en face - a sign of true devotion, perfectionism and proffesionalism. BRAVO!! I bow my head! If you only lived closer I would be happy to pay for your assistance with a few of my own starting with NA Skelly. Simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
    Yeah, I agree. I've seen others that have just lazily cut the armor and sort of let it "HANG" on the figure.

He-Bro took the time to align it and make the figures look proper.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Nice work.

I see you fixed the reversed shoulders as well. Huge improvement.
    Yep, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    http://he-man.us/Innovations/MOTUC-C...KingHssss.html

Thanks, it was a pain to do.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I need to commission someone to make these changes for me. I don't trust myself not to mess this up.
    Sorry, I have no plans to make any more. I made 3 and the other 2 didn't sell for much on eBay, and it took alot of work, and kills your fingers. Not worth the time or effort to do anymore. (Also there is a high chance of ruining the armor if not done just right, or if the factory used too much glue, I did ruin one tring to do this fix, so I have a 25% fail rate.)

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEEKERS View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I've seen others that have just lazily cut the armor and sort of let it "HANG" on the figure.

He-Bro took the time to align it and make the figures look proper.
    Thanks.

He-bro, did you do anything with the armour itself apart from cutting the tabs? Like thinning it where the tab was for example? Or did you stretch the armour to fit together after cutting the other side opposite to tabs (removing holes in the process)? Because I dremeled a lot on the sides of the figure yet when I try the armour it doesn't look like I will be able to align it on both sides without a bit of stretching which I'd prefer to avoid obviously..

He-bro, did you do anything with the armour itself apart from cutting the tabs? Like thinning it where the tab was for example? Or did you stretch the armour to fit together after cutting the other side opposite to tabs (removing holes in the process)? Because I dremeled a lot on the sides of the figure yet when I try the armour it doesn't look like I will be able to align it on both sides without a bit of stretching which I'd prefer to avoid obviously..
    Yes stretch and sand the inside. But there are other way to do it to, I've made some where I did not cut the armor at all, and just had it bunch up under his cape: (I can't find the pictures, and I already sold them, but I'll look again and post if I find them.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Yes stretch and sand the inside. But there are other way to do it to, I've made some where I did not cut the armor at all, and just had it bunch up under his cape: (I can't find the pictures, and I already sold them, but I'll look again and post if I find them.
    PC120296.JPGPC120300.JPGPC120301.JPG

thx for this, didn't think I will have to sand it, too but oh well, I did so much already (reversed shoulders, sanded the head so skelly can look up, etc, I can do one more thing ;-)

Btw did you do something about the other shaulder / biceps to make it tighter?