Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: TUTORIALS: New to customizing and need Help? Check here first for tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Has anyone removed a foot from figures that have the ankle pin introduced in 2011 or so, you know, the one where you cannot see the pin on the outside of the boot anymore? (I think Vikor was the first to have it).

Basically, I want to know if the pin is still a separate piece or if it is now part of the lower leg such that to remove the foot you would have to cut it.

Thanks!
    The pivot joint that the foot is on is a separate piece, so you can heat up the foot and yank it off. If you want to keep the pivot joint in the foot, you'll have to cut the internal peg.

Hello everyone!
    I do not know if this is the appropriate place to ask. I look forward to doing a Scareglow custom, but I do not know how to make the character's cape. Is there a cast of the cape? Thank you very much.
    For the honor of Grayskull!!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    the loincoths can be swapped as well just a bit trickier to get off and on. just heat them up w/ the boil and pop method or w/ a hair dryer and use asmall flathead screwdriver or a butter knife to help w/ the flaps.

=)
    Yep here's a video on it:

I'm looking to do a hair swap with Mo-Lar and Sea Hawk. I tried putting Mo's head in hot water that I had in the microwave for 3 minutes. It didn't seem to budge almost like it was one piece. Does anyone have any advice on how to peel the hair off? More time? Try a blow dryer? What about for Sea Hawk?

Quote Originally Posted by MexItalius View Post
    I'm looking to do a hair swap with Mo-Lar and Sea Hawk. I tried putting Mo's head in hot water that I had in the microwave for 3 minutes. It didn't seem to budge almost like it was one piece. Does anyone have any advice on how to peel the hair off? More time? Try a blow dryer? What about for Sea Hawk?
    Mo-Larrs hair is sculpted onto the head, you can't remove it like you can with some figures.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Mo-Larrs hair is sculpted onto the head, you can't remove it like you can with some figures.
    Well crap. I was worried about that. It's a bit of a bummer but it's kind of a blessing in disguise. I stuck the Mo-Larr head on He-Ro II's body and blaster and now I just imagine him being this over the top positive desperado. Does Sea Hawk work?