Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: TUTORIALS: New to customizing and need Help? Check here first for tips!

Widget
    TEELA BG HIP

Hi! Anyone knows how to remove Teela BG hip (to use in other female like Catra or She-ra) without cutting off??? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by duranteb2001 View Post
    TEELA BG HIP

Hi! Anyone knows how to remove Teela BG hip (to use in other female like Catra or She-ra) without cutting off??? Thanks!
    Personaly ive never had the desire to take apart a MOTUC figure but who knows maybe someday.anyhow from what ive heard the best method, is a good hair dryer. high on heat the part real good where the joints and seems are.and pry and pull things apart.important to be paitent and heat the parts your going to pry apart.no longer then 40 seconds or little more.a good rule of thumb is to count the 40 seconds.you dont want to melt the plastic just make it mallable enuff to be taken apart.

Hope this helps anyways my quiestion is what is the best way to make a hollow casting for a knock off transformer?

How do I remove an arm from the shoulder socket? I'm trying to turn a Karatti into a green Trap Jaw. Thanks!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I'm trying to swap an upper torso with ab-crunch, to another body's pelvis and legs.
    I Have NO idea where to get started. can anyone help me?

I have been pondering a while about repainting my Vintage Castle Grayskull. I have never painted plastic before and am not sure what kind of paint or primer to use. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Heroic Warrior
    how do I know what colors to use. For example I want to paint a white temple sorceress to a filmation colored one.

Heroic Warrior
    can you heat and pop the torso of the figure from the waist?

I have two SyKlone figures and the chest part on one has a crooked reflector and the other one is straight but his waist is messed up

So I wanted to swap the lower half on one to the other

I tried to warm it up and pop them apart but they wouldnt budge and I didnt want to break it

Quote Originally Posted by hordeall View Post
    can you heat and pop the torso of the figure from the waist?

I have two SyKlone figures and the chest part on one has a crooked reflector and the other one is straight but his waist is messed up

So I wanted to swap the lower half on one to the other

I tried to warm it up and pop them apart but they wouldnt budge and I didnt want to break it
    no, you have to open up the torso, by cracking in in half, then open the mid section also by cracking it in half. post pricutres of your issue, and I might be able to help more.

Widget

How do you take apart (and repair) a Vintage body?

Howdy, y'all.
    I'm largely new to customizing MOTU figures (from any generation).
    I used to have a huge collection (about 20 or so... enough to fill up the vintage Battle Bones, plus Orko.), but I ended up giving all but 4 -- Orig. He-Man, Orig. Skeletor, Clawful, and a Heroic Warrior I can't remember (5... I recently found a nude Man-At-Arms I forgot about) -- to my next-door neighbor, who incorporated them with his stable of wrestling figures.

That being said, I'm trying to start my collection back up, though I still haven't decided which scale/generation is best for me (Vintage, 2002, or Classics; the latter of which is expensive, even for the cheapest figure).

Most of the figures I collect, I tend to want to customize. Nearly all of my customizing expertise has been with Transformers and G.I. Joe (mostly ARAH). I've learned that acrylics work best, how to paint match (in comparison to factory colors), and that anything black MUST be primered!

What I need from this thread is the following: How do you take apart a Vintage body for customization, or repair? I came up with an idea for the 2011 MOTUC create-a-character contest, but discovered the post office was closed on the last day to submit my entry. Because the parts I need are a bit pricey in MOTUC, I've decided to try and build my custom Evil Warrior (well, the non-original pieces) with Vintage parts. I want to start with Faker's legs on a Stratos upper body (buck and arms), have him wear Webstor's body armor, and until something better comes along, use Clamp Champ's head.
    (Now if someone thinks they can make Clamp Champ (or Jitsu)'s head resemble Sho'Nuff from The Last Dragon, send me a PM.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertronian View Post
    Howdy, y'all.
    I'm largely new to customizing MOTU figures (from any generation).
    I used to have a huge collection (about 20 or so... enough to fill up the vintage Battle Bones, plus Orko.), but I ended up giving all but 4 -- Orig. He-Man, Orig. Skeletor, Clawful, and a Heroic Warrior I can't remember (5... I recently found a nude Man-At-Arms I forgot about) -- to my next-door neighbor, who incorporated them with his stable of wrestling figures.

That being said, I'm trying to start my collection back up, though I still haven't decided which scale/generation is best for me (Vintage, 2002, or Classics; the latter of which is expensive, even for the cheapest figure).

Most of the figures I collect, I tend to want to customize. Nearly all of my customizing expertise has been with Transformers and G.I. Joe (mostly ARAH). I've learned that acrylics work best, how to paint match (in comparison to factory colors), and that anything black MUST be primered!

What I need from this thread is the following: How do you take apart a Vintage body for customization, or repair? I came up with an idea for the 2011 MOTUC create-a-character contest, but discovered the post office was closed on the last day to submit my entry. Because the parts I need are a bit pricey in MOTUC, I've decided to try and build my custom Evil Warrior (well, the non-original pieces) with Vintage parts. I want to start with Faker's legs on a Stratos upper body (buck and arms), have him wear Webstor's body armor, and until something better comes along, use Clamp Champ's head.
    (Now if someone thinks they can make Clamp Champ (or Jitsu)'s head resemble Sho'Nuff from The Last Dragon, send me a PM.)
    Check out some repairs here:

http://he-man.us/Innovations/BrokenBattleArmor.html

http://he-man.us/Innovations/BrokenLegs.html

http://he-man.us/Innovations/HeadsBackOn.html

If I'm just exchanging the lower parts of a figure's legs (with feet attached) could I just use the hair-dryer method? Would a bowl of hot water work as well? I'm anxious about putting figures in the oven because I've never done it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgarrus View Post
    If I'm just exchanging the lower parts of a figure's legs (with feet attached) could I just use the hair-dryer method? Would a bowl of hot water work as well? I'm anxious about putting figures in the oven because I've never done it before.
    Use a large paper cup (20 oz), heat it up in the microwave for about 3 minutes, then put the figure in the hot water for about 2 minutes (On the counter not in the microwave).

Note: Non wax cup

(see this for the cup type and size : http://he-man.us/Innovations/MOTUC-C...KingHssss.html)

Widget
    does anyone have any tips on cracking the torso of BG Teela? She's too small to drill a hole into the side, and I've completely ruined her already trying to work a screwdriver up the seam. I'd keep going if I felt I was getting anywhere, but she already has a quarter inch gash in her side and still not a single pop.

Court Magician
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips for removing paint marks or scuffs on bodies. My Sorceress has some marks on the white of her body and on her legs I would like to get off and just in general clean up
    Thanks
    Mac

Hello! I hope this is the correct place for questions. What are some recommended paint brand/colors for matching the skin tones colors of the average human MOTUC figures? Examples I'm thinking of are BG Teela, She-Ra, and Netossa.

Which is the better investment to purchase first, a degassing chamber or a pressure chamber?

[EDIT] - Turns out the answer is pressure chamber, as it can be used for both mold making and casting. Plus you can use the air compressor for a bunch of other stuff.
    Last edited by BadVermin; May 30, 2014 at 09:48pm.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Hello all, I plan on customizing the upcoming Failmation Hordak, but there's one piece of the puzzle I've yet to crack: How do I give him abs? I want to swap out his flat belly for Hydron's abs, but I don't know how to take apart the torso of an MOTUC figure. I dislike the hot water method as it absolutely ruined my King Hsss, so I will be using a hair dryer instead. Can anybody offer some good advice? To clarify: I want to completely dismantle my Hydron figure, separate everything that can be separated, remove the loincloth without cutting it and put it all back together without it looking like I went at it with a hatchet. Any response is appreciated!
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

no so much as a tip but more a question. has anyone tried using that DCU samurai head on a MOTUC body ? does it fit well without modding it ? as the sculpt on the head is fantastic and it sorta looks like he's already on a MOTU buck ?

Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    no so much as a tip but more a question. has anyone tried using that DCU samurai head on a MOTUC body ? does it fit well without modding it ? as the sculpt on the head is fantastic and it sorta looks like he's already on a MOTU buck ?
    If you mean the head from the one pictured on this page, it is too small.
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...age.NYTFWave18

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    If you mean the head from the one pictured on this page, it is too small.
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...age.NYTFWave18
    yup thats the one . damn that a shame its too small the sculpt looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    yup thats the one . damn that a shame its too small the sculpt looks really good.
    I put the head on to show you: