Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How different do you think MOTUC Faker should look?

How different do you think MOTUC Faker should look?

Seeing how people are having mixed feelings on the new MOTUC Faker, and some are mentioning he does not look right, what would you change about him. I myself see nothing wrong with him. Remember, he is a "robot" version of He-man, and changing his face too much will defeat the purpose of having a "robot" version of He-man. He would become too different, so what would be the point of having him. And I know everyone wishes he had the face of the Staction Faker, but we know that won't happen. And I prefer that he does not have an evil expression, because the last time I checked robots do not show emotion.

I agree that he has to look like He-man. But I feel they could do something extra. If they want to go with the fakerrobot story line as they did with the first toy, they could do something special to look inside where they used to place the sticker.

They could also go with the cartoon magical creation identical to He-Man apart from glowing eyes and give bhim those glowing eyes like the lion-o toy had. But I personally don't like this option.

But I do agree that faker should look identical to He-man. That was the whole point.

I really dont think he looks that bad, but he is just to early in the line when he is just the simple repaint he is now in my opinion.
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; November 1, 2008 at 06:09pm.

I like your ideas Johnny E. I definitely would like to see your options over the facial expression change idea.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    When Faker's hair looks blonde and his skin color looks like normal flesh, then he will looks identical to He-man. Otherwise, he will be Faker. I love this character, the new Faker figure is great, I will prefer him with a diferent head, just to add some incentive to us.

I like the MotuC Prototype Faker, but....

The THEFOURHORSEMEN STACTION Faker is one - almost perfect Faker.
    The thing is , the head-with the evil face and the evil hair and the indication of a pose is VERY GOOOD.

So its the Classic line(perfect), what couldt MUST Mattel do to cover over with the MotuC Faker is , to use exactly the same head of the 4HM Faker Staction.

If this would happen,then we got the best Faker figure ever made.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I think if his hair was a bit messed up looking, he had a scoul instead of a smile, and his eyes were a bit shadowed, with red eyes, I think it would give him a more evil look. I mean, like the blue skin and the orange armor doesn't give him away...

I think he looks a bit odd because he is a regular He-man repainted, so the paint makes him look a bit weird, and he needs some highlights on his skin.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I think the same-messed up hair and an evil expression.The shadowed eyes is a very good idea too!
    I think two heads would be perfect:one He-Man copy in blue/orange and one more individuell looking. So every one would be pleased.
    Last edited by JimPansen; November 2, 2008 at 10:32am.

Faker is a cheap enough figure for them to include a meaner looking head. It seems like everybody wants the Staction head, as do I. This line is for the fans so I think they should pay attention on this one. None of the previous classics figures had this poor a reception from the community imo.

On a sidenote, I really hope they tone down the shade of blue on him. It kinda hurts my eyes.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I am all for an extra head, but if I had to choose I'd go for the robot chest... or the head... no, the chest.. aaargh!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I think the same-messed up hair and an evil expression.The shadowed eyes is a very good idea too!
    I think two heads would be perfect:one He-Man copy in blue/orange and one more individuell looking. So every one would be pleased.
    Yes, if they change his hair, that will be great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_E View Post
    I am all for an extra head, but if I had to choose I'd go for the robot chest... or the head... no, the chest.. aaargh!
    I agree. The robotic chest will do it.

I agree with hhhelmsley The robotic chest would be awesome, I'm thinkin with gears like the ones Roboto had.
    Also what would really make this Faker figure sick is a removable face from the head that revealed robotic eyes etc. in the head (kind of like Robo-cop). maybe.

I'd already be fine with a modified He-Man head to give Faker a more "evil" expression.
    After that, I'd also be very happy with the robot chest.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    I like the MotuC Prototype Faker, but....

The THEFOURHORSEMEN STACTION Faker is one - almost perfect Faker.
    The thing is , the head-with the evil face and the evil hair and the indication of a pose is VERY GOOOD.

So its the Classic line(perfect), what couldt MUST Mattel do to cover over with the MotuC Faker is , to use exactly the same head of the 4HM Faker Staction.

If this would happen,then we got the best Faker figure ever made.

But this type of comment, or idea, or suggestion is sort of completely pointless isnt it? We know and have known for a VERY long time that 2002 sculpts and ideas will probably have ZERO influence on the MOTUC line. The Faker head from the Staction is not based on the original MOTU line. Therefore, it has no relevance to what is being done in MOTUC where the WHOLE FOCUS is to take influence from, and pay homage to the original, CLASSIC MOTU toyline. Why even spend time typing about how someone wishes ANY MOTUC figure had elements from the Staction or any other NON-CLASSIC line? It's never gonna happen...

That said, I DO actually quite like Johnny E's suggestions about the glowing eyes, and/or the sculpted mechanical chestpiece. I think that while MOTUC is about paying homage to classic MOTU, it is also about updating those original toys, and should improve upon their capabilities whenever possible. I think Johnny E's suggestions are good examples of that.
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

Quote Originally Posted by HE-Fan78 View Post
    Also what would really make this Faker figure sick is a removable face from the head that revealed robotic eyes etc. in the head (kind of like Robo-cop). maybe.
    That would be awesome!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    The Faker figure has to look EXACTLY like He-Man because otherwise it's "unrealistic"?

He's freaking BLUE!! He's not supposed to pass off as the actual He-Man!

He's supposed to be TERRIFYING because He-Man is the symbol of everything good and heroic, and to suddenly see a warped image of that hero wreaking havoc, destroying your house . . . what could be scarier for an Eternian citizen?!

Besides, as I posted in the Faker thread that Mattel apparently didn't read (or it was too late, since my guess is Faker was already in the works as a cheap-o quick buck exclusive before the MOTUC line was even revealed), a new head wouldn't even be a total waste for Mattel.

Yes, Faker still has to have He-Man's face, but it's the facial expression that should be different IMO.

So my suggestion was, give us an angrier He-Man face sculpt for Faker, and then give us that same head in regular He-Man colors (with a future He-Man figure, or in an accessory pack) so we have the option of displaying He-Man with an alternate, even more battle-ready facial expression.

About Faker's color...wasn't his original description something as being dependent upon Skeletor's magic? He would look identical to He-man (skin tone wise) for short periods of time thanks to Skeletor's spells. So, for short periods of time he is in fact supposed to pass off as He-Man.

About the face...it would have been nice to have a SLIGHTLY different expression on his face. One that only HINTS at evil, otherwise, he wouldn't be very convincing as He-Man with a grimace on his face.

What I would have LOVED to have seen would have been a sculpted robotic panel where the sticker supposedly will be. It seemed to be a totally possible thing prior to the announcement based on what the 4H did with Merman.

But, in the end, am I totally disappointed with the way Faker looks? No way! He's an easy way to maintain sales with little tooling effort. If this helps out now, it'll certainly pay off later with other figures.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I like him the way he is.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    for me since this is a classics line, I want them as true to the vintage figures or card art as possible. When i was a kid Faker was just a blue He man, so thats what they should do here. I think it's great. I don't neccessarily get all the silver since the vintage figure had black, but overall I like it a lot and I can't wait until these figures start shipping.

I too am bummed we wont get the Faker staction, but making the classic faker look like that would be a mistake. This is a classics line, not 200x. I dont think the alternate head would work, it would look weird to have the 200x scultping style mixed with the chunkier classic body style.

That said if they wanted to toss in an extra head that would be cool, but I think thats going to be rare and only where needed. Man at Arms needs 2 heads to capture "classic" Man At Arms. Faker doesn't.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    About the face...it would have been nice to have a SLIGHTLY different expression on his face. One that only HINTS at evil, otherwise, he wouldn't be very convincing as He-Man with a grimace on his face.
    But . . . he's BLUE. That's not a convincing He-Man at all, and definitely more than just HINTS at being evil!

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    I dont think the alternate head would work, it would look weird to have the 200x scultping style mixed with the chunkier classic body style.
    I don't think it's a good idea to mix sculpting styles for Classic concepts.

What I think is appealing about the IDEA to give Faker his own head sculpt (as seen on the Staction) is that it elevates Faker from cheap repaint to unique character.

I think most of us don't want that exact head, we want the idea that head demonstrates.

Man at Arms needs 2 heads to capture "classic" Man At Arms.
    But the classic MAA has no mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I like him the way he is.
    I like him the way he is too! I mean he is what he is a repainted He-Man with Orange Skeletor Armour and Orange accessories. The classics He-Man head sculpt looks good blue. Ad for the silver highlight wash, So it's silver. It looks good against the blue of his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by customcrazy View Post
    for me since this is a classics line, I want them as true to the vintage figures or card art as possible. When i was a kid Faker was just a blue He man, so thats what they should do here. I think it's great. I don't neccessarily get all the silver since the vintage figure had black, but overall I like it a lot and I can't wait until these figures start shipping.

That said if they wanted to toss in an extra head that would be cool, but I think thats going to be rare and only where needed. Man at Arms needs 2 heads to capture "classic" Man At Arms. Faker doesn't.
    Well the original He-Man figure, hell, many of the original figures didn't have painted gauntlets. Faker didn't either. So I don't understand why you don't get the idea of them painting them black with a silver wash? As for the 2 different heads. He doesn't. All you need to capture the the "classic" Faker is actually make him. He was a simple repaint back in the 80's and he is one now. Face it, he is the Bizzaro of MOTU. Minus, the looking ugly and talking strange.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Well, maybe a lot of fans ain't satisfied with Mattel going the same route for an adult collectors line as they did 25 years ago with a toyline for kids. Especially after figures like Mer-Man showed the wonders that are possible even with a lot of parts being recycled.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I think Beastman and MerMan are the Highlights of the MotU Classics. Why? Cause they are not only copies of the vintage Figures, with more articulation. Thatīs why among the rest Faker is disappointing.
    Where is the little upgrade? Where is the little thing that shows whats possible today? Just a He-Man repaint(with too little eyes?)? Common, I think thatīs bad.

Like Lay Ze-Man says, Faker still has to have He-Man's face, but it's the facial expression that should be different.

A second Head is necessary!

the only thing i'm not 100% sold on is the hair color. it's hard to tell if it's a dark red or an orange-red, but i was hoping it would be just a dark orange. it's not a deal breaker for me - i still plan on buying one - but i wish it was a different color

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by invaziondrummer View Post
    But this type of comment, or idea, or suggestion is sort of completely pointless isnt it? We know and have known for a VERY long time that 2002 sculpts and ideas will probably have ZERO influence on the MOTUC line. The Faker head from the Staction is not based on the original MOTU line. Therefore, it has no relevance to what is being done in MOTUC where the WHOLE FOCUS is to take influence from, and pay homage to the original, CLASSIC MOTU toyline. Why even spend time typing about how someone wishes ANY MOTUC figure had elements from the Staction or any other NON-CLASSIC line? It's never gonna happen...

That said, I DO actually quite like Johnny E's suggestions about the glowing eyes, and/or the sculpted mechanical chestpiece. I think that while MOTUC is about paying homage to classic MOTU, it is also about updating those original toys, and should improve upon their capabilities whenever possible. I think Johnny E's suggestions are good examples of that.
    I think the 200x updates had some very good common sense ideas (i.e., Stratos actually had toes, Zodak didn't have alien feet, etc.) that transcended simple repaints. That's why people wrinkle up their faces at the idea of some of the old ideas that insult their now adult mentalities from the old line. I mean people are actually surprised that Skeletor actually had those glove-like skinfolds and bare feet! Worse people didn't know that Zodak was designed with the same arms and feet! Staction Faker wasn't just a He-Man staction dipped in blue paint, he was actually more unique, more thought out.

I guess the bottom-line is, people expect more bang for $25+ a month. I think the best MOTUC figures have notable differences and enhancements from the original figures, the worst being the figures that are basically the old figures standing straight up.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

...I like him.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!