Thread: The Unofficial POP Weaponry in MOTU Classics Wishlist Thread

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar

The Unofficial POP Weaponry in MOTU Classics Wishlist Thread

If we get the same shield with every figure as the only accessories, I'm gonna kick someone in the neck.

Ok, so I made a wishlist of sorts of the new Four Horsemen accessories I'd like to see in POP MOTUC-style. I'd probably keep the arsenal as basic as the MOTU figures, but the ladies needs some weapons training/magical artifacts. These ladies are pretty much good to go:

1. SHE-RA: She's all set. Sword of protection, Shield. Done.
    2. CATRA: Removable mask, and a sword since one of her figures came with one. I REALLY want wrist-mounted claw weapons, like Wolverine. A whip is too... obvious.
    3. GLIMMER: She has a staff already. Done.
    4. BOW: Between his bow, arrows, and a quiver, he comes with a ton of accessories as it is. I wouldn't even put Kowl with him because he could make it too expensive.
    5. FROSTA: Already has a staff.
    6. NETOSSA: Her net cape is her weapons. I would consider her having one more weapon, like a spear or dagger of something to stab foes once she nets them. It would make her look even more like a roman gladiator/retiarius-type character.
    7, SPINNERELLA: Her tassels could conceivably be whip-like weapons. If she included her spinning base, that would lock her up as done. Barring that, I’d love to have her bladed attachments to her gauntlets so she can do some real damage. But technically I can see her as being done as she is.
    8. THE STAR SISTERS: All 3 have a staff. Done.

Now my NEW POP weapons wishlist:

ANGELLA: a staff of Bright Moon. However I would design it similar to Master Splinter's walking stick in the original TMNT action figure. The bottom of the staff can be pulled out to reveal a blade with the staff doubling as a sheath. Time to cut some harpies! I don't mind the shield as long as it's a new design and not just a repaint of She-Ra UNLESS we get some kind of back-story connecting them, like they're Etherian artifacts.

CASTASPELLA: I actually like the wheel on her back as the accessory, but I would love the Horsemen to sculpt magic blasts that snap onto her hands, like what they're doing with Dr. Fate in DCUC.

KOWL & LOO-KEE: Too small for single-carded. Maybe I'd put them in a two-pack together. Both of them on one card would make for better quality for our money. Plus you get 2 new characters in one shot and they can be each other's accessories in a way. Maybe they can even include GLORY BIRD.

DOUBLE TROUBLE: I would borrow from the Man-E-Weapons concept. I would give her a staff. The staff can be pulled apart in the middle, revealing twin blades similar to Angella. She can use them as two short swords or attach the two ends together for a double-bladed staff, like Darth Maul. 3 different modes for one weapon!

PEEKABLUE: Mortal Kombaaaaaaaatttt!!! LOL! I'm keeping her feminine. She's begging to come with twin fans (bladed), like Kitana from Mortal Kombat. It keeps the peacock theme, and it's sexy in a deadly way. The fans can even be snapped together to make a shield as a nod to the original figure having a shield.

FLUTTERINA: Nunchucks! Just kidding. Do her wings count as accessories? If not, in the cartoon, she can magically conjure up butterfly/moths and turn into one to conceal herself in them or use them to blind/distract foes. It would be cool if the Four Horsemen sculpted multiple (say 5) energy butterflies that can attack villains (attaching to their heads) or can be snapped together to form an energy shield, again, as a nod to the original toy only including a shield.

MERMISTA: It seems every aquatic character has a trident right? LOL. Well Mermista would be a bit different. I'd have her come with one, but the 3-pronged metal top on the trident can detach from the rest of the spear, and it doubles as a harp weapon. The harp can be used to magically summon a water blast similar to Sailor Mercury's Aqua Rhapsody attack in Sailor Moon or Frosta's wand summoning ice. It's feminine, but can double as a damaging weapon (in trident mode), while keeping it's magical roots.

PERFUMA: As a pacifist, it’s hard to really give her weapons. I suppose her backpack blossom is sort of her main accessory and its in character. In lieu of that, If she needed as offensive weapon, I’d have her include a bendy vine whip to wrap around your Horde figures and possibly a flower shaped shield.

SWEETBEE: I'm thinking Q-Bee from Darkstalkers. It would be cool if she had a stinger backpack, where the stinger is a projectile. She can wear it on her back or hold it in her hands or forearm like a blaster.

ENTRAPTA: Arguably because her thick braided hair is her action feature, she may have to have it rooted or articulated somehow. I just hope the Four Horsemen don’t make her braids super thin like their 7th Kingdom Human Queen character. Since she can use her hair in combat I would put bladed claws that can attach to the tip of each braid. They would sort of look like deadly bladed combs, which would be very tongue in cheek for the comb that came with each She-Ra figure. Admit it, that’d be awesome, you know it!

Maybe binoculars for either Tallstar or Double Trouble since they're both spies. hehe
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Wow, very well thought out ideas! But Flutterina & nun chucks! Dude I am still laughing here. The immage of that in my head has given me the best laugh I have had all week. The only additions I would make to this would be giving Catra her classic cat sheild and a whip. In the UK ladybird book spirit is kidnapped she is shown with a whip, and ever since then I have always wanted her to have one. I would also like She-Ra to come with a half sword based on He-Mans & Skeletors design or maybe an updated version of the gold sword that the original toy came with. I am assuming that her full sword would be the version we all saw at SDCC this summer. That version was so cool.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    If we get the same shield with every figure as the only accessories, I'm gonna kick someone in the neck.
    I can't stop laughing!!
    Mattel... Please bring back 200x styled stactions!!

I'm sorry, but that's just too funny.

DOUBLE TROUBLE: I would borrow from the Man-E-Weapons concept. I would give her a staff. The staff can be pulled apart in the middle, revealing twin blades similar to Angella. She can use them as two short swords or attach the two ends together for a double-bladed staff, like Darth Maul. 3 different modes for one weapon!

PEEKABLUE: Mortal Kombaaaaaaaatttt!!! LOL! I'm keeping her feminine. She's begging to come with twin fans (bladed), like Kitana from Mortal Kombat. It keeps the peacock theme, and it's sexy in a deadly way. The fans can even be snapped together to make a shield as a nod to the original figure having a shield.

SWEETBEE: I'm thinking Q-Bee from Darkstalkers. It would be cool if she had a stinger backpack, where the stinger is a projectile. She can wear it on her back or hold it in her hands or forearm like a blaster.
    I agree with you 100% on these and I think you'd be able to hear me screaming for joy if any of them came like that.

1. SHE-RA: She's all set. Sword of protection, Shield. Done.
    Just to make sure we're all on the same page with the most important POP weapon:

We want She-Ra's sword to be JUST LIKE the MOTUC He-Man one but with a jewel in the hilt as shown on the statue of King Grayskull at comic-con, RIGHT? And NOT at all like the one that came with her original toy.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I want her to have the Filmation similar Sword of Protection shown at SDCC this year! But because He-Man, Skeletor and possibily Faker will also get a half sword so too should She-Ra (IMO)! I just thought the classic POP sword might be a nice throw back to her original toy as an extra half sword but I wasn't suggesting that it should be her main sword. This was just a mad little idea I had.

On a side note I always used to think of the original gold sword as the Sword of Honnor. I used to think that Adora's parents gave it to her when she came back to Eternia with Adam: as her return restored the King & Queen's honner. In my head the Sorceress then fused the two swords together so the Sword of Protection would look different for Adora & She-Ra. It also used to help me tie in why adora would call upon the HONNER of Grayskull. This was why I thought the original gold toy version of She-Ra's sword might make a good sword for MOTUC Adora. It could be the pre transformation version of the sword of protection so Adora's sword wouldn't be recognisable as She-Ra's sword when she changes: thus not arousing any suspicions. This would be similar to how 2K Adam's sword looked different before he transformed. MOTUC Adam could also use the MYP version of the power sword again as his every day sword / pre transformation version of the present classic toy inspired Power Sword. This way everyone would get a little bit of what they liked sword wise. And Adam & Adora would get some different & intresting weapons from the diverse MOTU & POP toy lines.

The reasion I think She-Ra should get a half sword identical to He-Man (as well as the Filmation inspired sword) is because in her established cannon she has always had an identical sword to He-Man. This can be seen in the mini comics, the US & UK comics, Mattel Brand promotion and the Filmation cartoons.

To encoperate her sword origin fully and please as many fans as possible (IMO) I think MOTUC She-Ra needs to come packed with both versions of the power sword. As you can see the swords shown at SDCC were quite different! Even if her MOTUC bio says that She-Ra & He-Mans swords arn't the twin swords of power or whatever, at least if she has an identical half sword packed in with her Filmation inspired sword: those who want her to still have an identical sword to He-Man are able to display her that way.

King Grayskull's / She-Ra's Sword of Protection

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&pictureid=30

King Grayskull's / He-Man's Sword of Power

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&pictureid=31
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6&pictureid=45
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 12, 2008 at 11:50am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'd like to see Catra come with a blaster (like the small beige one that comes with Grayskull).

I also would like a "Sword to Accessories" pack. It could come with a net, hook and grapple, rope and the ever popular blanket. Maybe not a blanket, but it would be awesome to get lots of options.

Mermista could throw star fish like shirkins.

Spinnerella was originally supposed to come with a sword, as was Netossa (I think)...so that would be a nice change from no weapons.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I love your ideas, Augie!!! I hope Mattel incorporates them.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Just to make sure we're all on the same page with the most important POP weapon:

We want She-Ra's sword to be JUST LIKE the MOTUC He-Man one but with a jewel in the hilt as shown on the statue of King Grayskull at comic-con, RIGHT? And NOT at all like the one that came with her original toy.
    I would assume that She-Ra would come with the silver sword that was at the base of King Grayskull's statue, yes. The gold sword isn't as cool, but if we had a She-Ra variant down the road with her silver sword cast in gold instead, I wouldn't scream or nunchuck everyone like Flutterina. But, yeah silver first.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Don't forget a spoon accessory for she-ra ......oh it's too early...
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Good ideas, there. really agree that She-Ra's sword should definately look like the sword seen on the statue at Comic-Con. I'm not against the inclusion of the original toy's sword as an extra, however.

Another character I thought of was Whiplash. It'd be neat if he came with his original staff and his 200X scimitar blade thingy.

Other ideas?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Here's a question for the half sword idea. Do you want her to have one identical to He-man's half, or do you want it to be Skeletor's half, so the siblings can merge their swords together?

Myself I always liked that combination of Minicomic and Filmation. I decided that in filmation there WERE 2 power swords, She-ra just got the other half

I don't see much interest if she still needs to merge it with the purple or orange versions.

I would love to see She-Ra somehow come to weild Skeletors half of the power sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I would love to see She-Ra somehow come to weild Skeletors half of the power sword.
    But the Sword of Protection is a completely different sword from the 2 Power Sword halves, isn't it? On He-Man's packaging it states that he combined the 2 halves into the Power Sword that he now uses to transform into He-Man.

I mean somehow have the dark half of the power sword transform or become the sword of protection. You know comming from darkness into the light. Maybe when He-Man finally combines the two halfs of the power sword as he is good he drives the darkness out of the second half of the sword due to restoring the full power of KG to it's true blood air. But when She-Ra comes on the scene as his twin sister she is also the swords true blood air so it makes sense to split the blade once again Now that Adam has released KG's power it's fare to assume that the connection could be maintained with just half of the blade. The blade was also split during the days of KG as well or it would still be united. So why should the blade not be split again? She-Ra is also KG's air and needs an equal share of his power to become He-Man's equal. Spliting the sword and having She-Ra weild the other half or twin blade to He-Man's sword makes sense (IMO). This approach would honner the Filmation origin established back in the 80's which most She-Ra fans will identify with by just extending the two halfs of the power sword origin story (which is the version of the story that Mattel actually owns).

When the Sorceress takes She-Ra's half from the united power sword it could be changed. Like Adora the blade that was once evil has become good, as she does when the transforms into She-Ra for the first time. So maybe at the time of She-Ra's first transformation the sword could also transform to the SDCC 2008 version. I think this honners the idea that She-Ra as a concept comes from He-Man. I just don't like the idea of She-Ra not having a twin sword of Grayskull. Her sword concept was equal to He-Man's sword in power and in look. I could deal with the sword of protection originally being the sword of darkness. But if She-Ra ends up weilding a power sword that has no connection to He-Man's sword or is not as powerful or drawing from the same well of power I think this would seriously press a lot of POP fans buttons. Even in the old mini comics they had identical swords so I am just hoping Mattel will honner that origin by giving She-Ra a half sword identical to He-Man's sword.
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 23, 2008 at 04:18am.

Heroic Warrior
    When the Sorceress takes She-Ra's half from the united power sword it could be changed. Like Adora the blade that was once evil has become good, as she does when the transforms into She-Ra for the first time. So maybe at the time of She-Ra's first
    Ok, first of all... I had completly forgotten about Adora being Evil in the beginning. So that makes it even cooler

Secondly, I guess I never really saw it as "sword of darkness" or "Evil half" Seriously.... Its an inanimate object. You needed BOTH halfs to open grayskull, but I don't remember (I could be wrong) anyone saying one sword was GOOD, and the other sword was EVIL. It was just guilt by association

Using that theory, then maybe Skeletor ALWAYS had access to the honor of Grayskull.... IF he knew how to access it. The sword gets away from him and Adora gets it. Somehow, when she first calls down the power the gem lights up. Or it could have some tie to Crystal Castle, or if it is an Evil sword, use it to purify it. I just don't want to see

1) If he-man is using half a sword, why does She-ra get a whole one? Is hers more powerful?

2) If hers does split.... why would it combine with Skeletor's instead of He-mans....

3) Where does this Extra sword come from? King Grayskull put his power into his sword for his descendents, but he only used (and came with) One sword. On side note, now I want a Grayskull sword with a gem on one side

I ideally I think it would be awesome if it split in half, and she came with BOTH halves for mixing and matching fun

I think the biggest problem is the little blurb about how Adam uses both halves to become He-man...

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think that's going to work for me.

My Skeletor shall never be swordless!!!!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now and Forever!!!!

Angel-T: I see what you were driving at now, so thanks for elaborating.

The big statue of King Grayskull from SDCC had She-Ra's sword as a separate sword entirely, so i'm assuming that's how you'd fit in the 2 sword halves story?

(In other words, Grayskull's sword is one half and the She-Ra sword with the jewel is the one that became Skeletor's half, right?)
    Last edited by RocketPunch; November 22, 2008 at 06:12pm.

yes thats what I ment!